College basketball: How Utah's NCAA D-1 men's programs finished
Record: 21-10 (11-7, Western Athletic Conference)
Conference tournament: Lost in WAC quarterfinals to UT Arlington
Where they ended up: Season over
How they got there: Like BYU, the Aggies' 21 wins weren't nearly as impressive as they looked due to who they came against. Not enough significant wins really hurt, as did losses against teams USU should have beaten.
Injuries led to a middling record in the watered-down WAC, where a four-game, in-conference losing streak really forced the Aggies to rely on its tournament performance.
That didn't work out, either, as USU bowed out in the first game of its last WAC Tournament appearance before heading to the Mountain West Conference.
Where they go from here: Simply getting healthy would solve a lot of problems, especially with Kyisean Reed as the only senior leaving this summer.
Preston Medlin, Marcel Davis, Spencer Butterfield and Jarred Shaw offer plenty of firepower for the future. The only question is whether it will be enough in a conference that boasts five teams in the NCAA Tournament in 2013.
- Former BYU running back Luke Staley paying a...
- LDS leaders announce new teaching manual,...
- After more than 6 years, 3 families yearn for...
- Faith and fame: Former 'Dancing With the...
- Morning links: Bronson Kaufusi could be on...
- Dick Harmon: Sitake is taking advantage of...
- Do we really need milk?
- Would BYU honor code be better with an...
- Former BYU running back Luke Staley... 101
- Bronco-bound Booker is Utah's only NFL... 60
- BYU's Kaufusi, selected in 3rd round of... 30
- Having freshman QBs is a mixed bag for... 23
- Oakland Raiders owner says he will... 21
- Guest commentary: BYU football and... 21
- 2016 NFL draft: Local players who might... 14
- BYU football announces full spring... 12