College basketball: How Utah's NCAA D-1 men's programs finished
Record: 21-10 (11-7, Western Athletic Conference)
Conference tournament: Lost in WAC quarterfinals to UT Arlington
Where they ended up: Season over
How they got there: Like BYU, the Aggies' 21 wins weren't nearly as impressive as they looked due to who they came against. Not enough significant wins really hurt, as did losses against teams USU should have beaten.
Injuries led to a middling record in the watered-down WAC, where a four-game, in-conference losing streak really forced the Aggies to rely on its tournament performance.
That didn't work out, either, as USU bowed out in the first game of its last WAC Tournament appearance before heading to the Mountain West Conference.
Where they go from here: Simply getting healthy would solve a lot of problems, especially with Kyisean Reed as the only senior leaving this summer.
Preston Medlin, Marcel Davis, Spencer Butterfield and Jarred Shaw offer plenty of firepower for the future. The only question is whether it will be enough in a conference that boasts five teams in the NCAA Tournament in 2013.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest?
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is an...
- Rock On: Utah has LeBron Syndrome
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...