College basketball: How Utah's NCAA D-1 men's programs finished
Record: 21-10 (11-7, Western Athletic Conference)
Conference tournament: Lost in WAC quarterfinals to UT Arlington
Where they ended up: Season over
How they got there: Like BYU, the Aggies' 21 wins weren't nearly as impressive as they looked due to who they came against. Not enough significant wins really hurt, as did losses against teams USU should have beaten.
Injuries led to a middling record in the watered-down WAC, where a four-game, in-conference losing streak really forced the Aggies to rely on its tournament performance.
That didn't work out, either, as USU bowed out in the first game of its last WAC Tournament appearance before heading to the Mountain West Conference.
Where they go from here: Simply getting healthy would solve a lot of problems, especially with Kyisean Reed as the only senior leaving this summer.
Preston Medlin, Marcel Davis, Spencer Butterfield and Jarred Shaw offer plenty of firepower for the future. The only question is whether it will be enough in a conference that boasts five teams in the NCAA Tournament in 2013.
- Mormons popping up all over TV these days
- Doug Robinson: Erin Andrews switches teams...
- Ebola outbreak prompts evacuation of LDS...
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- Peavler: Bronco Mendenhall and BYU embrace...
- Can BYU put together a special season?
- Utah company films aerial video of renovated...
- Southern Utah infant dies after being left in...
- Teeples: The Big 12 simply can't afford... 110
- BYU football: Cougars announce future... 88
- AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco: 'We're... 73
- Utes fill three future football... 68
- Can BYU put together a special season? 60
- Peavler: Bronco Mendenhall and BYU... 59
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 54
- College football: BYU receives votes in... 35