College basketball: How Utah's NCAA D-1 men's programs finished
Record: 21-10 (11-7, Western Athletic Conference)
Conference tournament: Lost in WAC quarterfinals to UT Arlington
Where they ended up: Season over
How they got there: Like BYU, the Aggies' 21 wins weren't nearly as impressive as they looked due to who they came against. Not enough significant wins really hurt, as did losses against teams USU should have beaten.
Injuries led to a middling record in the watered-down WAC, where a four-game, in-conference losing streak really forced the Aggies to rely on its tournament performance.
That didn't work out, either, as USU bowed out in the first game of its last WAC Tournament appearance before heading to the Mountain West Conference.
Where they go from here: Simply getting healthy would solve a lot of problems, especially with Kyisean Reed as the only senior leaving this summer.
Preston Medlin, Marcel Davis, Spencer Butterfield and Jarred Shaw offer plenty of firepower for the future. The only question is whether it will be enough in a conference that boasts five teams in the NCAA Tournament in 2013.
- New MTC presidents
- In our opinion: Trump unmatched as a...
- Report: Utah home to 'most impressive'...
- BYU-Utah State: How to watch, listen to or...
- BYU rolls by Utah State 51-28 to win the Old...
- Hillary's grace: Watching her daughter...
- MTC missionaries spend Thanksgiving preparing...
- Cougars relish opportunity to play in-state...
- BYU expecting a 'dogfight' in Logan... 59
- Utes fall to No. 23 in playoff... 52
- Morning links: Beehive State coaches on... 42
- BYU holds on for tougher-than-expected... 34
- Doug Robinson: It's the same old sad... 31
- Utah State denies David Collette's... 30
- Mangum 'humbled' to be BYU's... 29
- Disappointed Utes determined to bounce... 24