College basketball: How Utah's NCAA D-1 men's programs finished
Record: 21-10 (11-7, Western Athletic Conference)
Conference tournament: Lost in WAC quarterfinals to UT Arlington
Where they ended up: Season over
How they got there: Like BYU, the Aggies' 21 wins weren't nearly as impressive as they looked due to who they came against. Not enough significant wins really hurt, as did losses against teams USU should have beaten.
Injuries led to a middling record in the watered-down WAC, where a four-game, in-conference losing streak really forced the Aggies to rely on its tournament performance.
That didn't work out, either, as USU bowed out in the first game of its last WAC Tournament appearance before heading to the Mountain West Conference.
Where they go from here: Simply getting healthy would solve a lot of problems, especially with Kyisean Reed as the only senior leaving this summer.
Preston Medlin, Marcel Davis, Spencer Butterfield and Jarred Shaw offer plenty of firepower for the future. The only question is whether it will be enough in a conference that boasts five teams in the NCAA Tournament in 2013.
- Wright Words: Despite horrific fire, Mormon...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- Husband says he didn't know about wife's...
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held on $6...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz suffer weird loss (win?) in...
- BYU football: Cougars land commitment from...
- Damian Lillard stars in hilarious Adidas ad...
- BYU football: Cougars land commitment... 47
- ESPN report: Jabari Parker rules out... 41
- CougarLinks: Former Cornhusker... 35
- Are Thursday and Friday games really... 34
- Utah football: Utes are eager to pick... 33
- Should the Jazz intentionally lose to... 23
- Utah Jazz: Jazz suffer weird loss... 23
- Utah Jazz: Jazz, Lakers battle for... 20