College basketball: How Utah's NCAA D-1 men's programs finished
Record: 15-18 (5-13, Pac-12)
Conference tournament: Lost in Pac-12 semifinals to Oregon
Where they ended up: Season over
How they got there: Utah actually didn't perform that badly in non-conference play, going 10-5 and even logging a win against eventual tournament team Boise State.
The Pac-12, however, was anything but kind to a Utah team hoping to prove it belonged — which didn't happen until the Utes caught fire toward the end of the season.
A win over then-No. 19 Oregon kickstarted a run that extended through two rounds of the conference tournament as a tenth seed. The march ended against the same opponent that helped start it, with the Ducks making the Utes another victim en route to the Pac-12 Tournament championship.
While the Utes' unexpected success in the tournament created plenty of optimism for the future, it wasn't nearly enough for a postseason berth.
Where they go from here: Jarred DuBois will go down as one of the best one-year rentals in Utes history, but there's plenty left over for Utes fans to get excited about.
Jordan Loveridge appears to be the real deal, and Brandon Tyler earned enough stripes to provide some quality continuity in the backcourt.
Community college commit Delon Wright will have his chances, but the real question will be how many more recruiting wins Utah can score after their Pac-12 Tournament showing — and the potential impression it left.
- Pac-12 commissioner 'delighted' that his...
- Parade spectators celebrate pioneers past and...
- Utes notebook: Kyle Whittingham says Harvey...
- Draper house explodes into flames,...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- Getting back up off the ground: Utahn...
- What life was like for the Mormon pioneers...
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by... 115
- Pac-12 commissioner 'delighted' that... 103
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is... 88
- The original BCS busters: Looking back... 69
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not... 53
- Utes notebook: Kyle Whittingham says... 53
- ACC media days has some interesting... 48
- Utah's better BCS buster, 2004 or 2008? 32