Top 10 greatest upsets in sports history
#10 - Man-o-War loses his only race to Upset »1 of 10 «
This had to make our list, if for no other reason than the fact that the horse’s name was “Upset.” In fact, this is where the phrase “Upset” actually comes from. You don’t say “VCU pulled a Buster Douglas.” You say “VCU pulled off an upset.” What makes it most impressive, though? Upset was a 100-to-1 shot to win the race that day in 1919, and it was the only loss in the career of one of the Top 2 greatest race horses of all-time.
»1 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- The Clean Cut: After dad's death, brother...
- Seeking and sorrowing: Sisters of the Prophet...
- Are church youth dances outdated?
- She paid for a family's groceries and got...
- Number of LDS converts, missionaries...
- Mystery man who rescued driver from cliff in...
- Cheerleading coach who worked as youth...
- Returned Mormon missionary wins Ms. Virginia...
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 75
- Utah football: Dres Anderson shines in... 58
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Ute quarterback Chase Hansen finding... 29
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 23
- Mountain West Conference announces... 21
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17