Top 10 greatest upsets in sports history
#10 - Man-o-War loses his only race to Upset »1 of 10 «
This had to make our list, if for no other reason than the fact that the horse’s name was “Upset.” In fact, this is where the phrase “Upset” actually comes from. You don’t say “VCU pulled a Buster Douglas.” You say “VCU pulled off an upset.” What makes it most impressive, though? Upset was a 100-to-1 shot to win the race that day in 1919, and it was the only loss in the career of one of the Top 2 greatest race horses of all-time.
»1 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Leo Tolstoy's view of Mormons as teaching...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test?
- Mormon youths celebrate reopening of the...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 86
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 35
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33