Top 10 greatest upsets in sports history
»10 items «
These past few weeks have reminded fans how thrilling upsets in sports can be. It gives them added inspiration in their lives as we become major underdogs in the pursuit of our dreams. With that in mind, my Top 10 this week is the Top 10 greatest upsets in sports history. What makes a great upset? Obviously, when the less the less talented and less prestigious team beats a superior team, the better the upset. Also, for the sake of this list, the more meaningful the game is (i.e. postseason, championship games, etc.), the better the upset. Nobody cares too much about the Golden State Warriors beating the Dallas Mavericks in December, but in a May playoff series? That’s a big upset, but is it big enough to make our list? Honorable Mention: 1960 Pirates beating the Yankees in the World Series...Duke and Christian Laettner beating UNLV in the 1991 Final Four...Golden State Warriors upset Dallas Mavericks in 2007 NBA playoffs...Patriots defeat Rams and the Greatest Show on Turf in Super Bowl XXXVI. In these parts, Utah blowing out Alabama in the 2008 Sugar Bowl would probably make honorable mention, too.
»10 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- New mission presidents
- All 4 of Joseph Smith's firsthand accounts of...
- One thing that changed my view of marriage...
- In our opinion: Marriage definition on...
- Father raises awareness of congenital defect...
- National experts weigh in on the BYU Cougars'...
- Gordon Hayward looks to get better at...
- Rock On: Next Utah college coach to leave is ...
- Little offense as main players sit out... 105
- Brad Rock: BYU's window is closing; big... 101
- Morning links: Duke in pursuit of Lone... 45
- BYU offense looking to move the ball,... 34
- Analysis: Utah Jazz will be better, but... 17
- Dave Rose hires May as BYU's director... 13
- Pittsburgh to hire Utah State Athletic... 11
- Scott Mitchell: Former U., NFL... 10