Top 10 greatest upsets in sports history
»10 items «
These past few weeks have reminded fans how thrilling upsets in sports can be. It gives them added inspiration in their lives as we become major underdogs in the pursuit of our dreams. With that in mind, my Top 10 this week is the Top 10 greatest upsets in sports history. What makes a great upset? Obviously, when the less the less talented and less prestigious team beats a superior team, the better the upset. Also, for the sake of this list, the more meaningful the game is (i.e. postseason, championship games, etc.), the better the upset. Nobody cares too much about the Golden State Warriors beating the Dallas Mavericks in December, but in a May playoff series? That’s a big upset, but is it big enough to make our list? Honorable Mention: 1960 Pirates beating the Yankees in the World Series...Duke and Christian Laettner beating UNLV in the 1991 Final Four...Golden State Warriors upset Dallas Mavericks in 2007 NBA playoffs...Patriots defeat Rams and the Greatest Show on Turf in Super Bowl XXXVI. In these parts, Utah blowing out Alabama in the 2008 Sugar Bowl would probably make honorable mention, too.
»10 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coaches will take the win...
- 5 parenting lessons learned from movies
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- World-renowned rock art in Utah is younger...
- Wet, cool August delivered more than twice...
- President Uchtdorf visits Provo City Center...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 65
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48
- Enemy camp: What UConn media thinks... 41