5 debt collection scams to watch out for
When you accept a company to pay down an old debt that is close to the statute of limitations, it renews the statute and the agency can keep billing you for the remaining balance.
Never give your Social Security Number, bank account information, credit card number or other private information to a junk debt buyer. Legitimate collection agencies will have your identifying information already and will perhaps need you to verify the last 4 digits of you Social Security Number.
- Mormons popping up all over TV these days
- Ebola outbreak prompts evacuation of LDS...
- Doug Robinson: Erin Andrews switches teams...
- Peavler: Bronco Mendenhall and BYU embrace...
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- Southern Utah infant dies after being left in...
- Can BYU put together a special season?
- Utah company films aerial video of renovated...
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate... 13
- U.S. economy grows at scorching 4... 12
- How much is your diploma worth? Money... 12
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't touch that 529... 8
- Study: 35 percent in US facing debt... 5
- Consumer index climbs to record level... 4
- Study: 35 percent in US facing debt... 2
- $1,000 Sovaldi now hepatitis treatment... 2