5 debt collection scams to watch out for
When you accept a company to pay down an old debt that is close to the statute of limitations, it renews the statute and the agency can keep billing you for the remaining balance.
Never give your Social Security Number, bank account information, credit card number or other private information to a junk debt buyer. Legitimate collection agencies will have your identifying information already and will perhaps need you to verify the last 4 digits of you Social Security Number.
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Mormon youths celebrate reopening of the...
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Tragedy can reveal 'the very gold of truth'
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 44
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 28
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- How much America wants to be taxed 8
- Financial interventions don't work 7
- Why starting a garden doesn't save you... 6
- Child poverty just dropped for the... 4
- Customers wait all night, get new iPhone 6 4