5 debt collection scams to watch out for
When you accept a company to pay down an old debt that is close to the statute of limitations, it renews the statute and the agency can keep billing you for the remaining balance.
Never give your Social Security Number, bank account information, credit card number or other private information to a junk debt buyer. Legitimate collection agencies will have your identifying information already and will perhaps need you to verify the last 4 digits of you Social Security Number.
- Lehi toddler killed in accident remembered as...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- New mission presidents
- New temple president
- Student loan recipients go on repayment... 45
- Does it really matter if you grew up... 7
- Obama calls for payday loan regulations... 5
- Renovation Solutions: How to survive a... 2
- Dave Ramsey says: Paying kids for good... 2
- What 'The Office' teaches us about job... 1
- Michelle Singletary: Short-term loans... 1
- Political polarization is a driving... 1