5 debt collection scams to watch out for
Collection agencies sometimes threaten legal action against consumers. Threats for charges like fraud, grand theft, check fraud and others are illegal. They can be reported to the Fair Trade Commission.
Issues that are consumer-related are not punishable in a criminal court. They are just used as a scare tactic.
- New mission presidents
- LDS sister missionaries assaulted in Chile
- ValueSpeak: How did my toddler grandson...
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- Britain has a new princess — and...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- Linehan's leg helps propel BYU past Cal for...
- Free agent roundup: 14 locals from BYU, Utah,...
- Michelle Singletary: Stop picking on... 21
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: A different view... 7
- Pope echoes feminist anthem of equal... 6
- How one woman unplugged from technology... 6
- $100 million for a home? Luxury buyers... 4
- More Americans spending at least half... 4
- Why some handsome men have trouble... 4
- Randy Shumway: A cure for the 'tapeworm... 3