5 debt collection scams to watch out for
Collection agencies sometimes threaten legal action against consumers. Threats for charges like fraud, grand theft, check fraud and others are illegal. They can be reported to the Fair Trade Commission.
Issues that are consumer-related are not punishable in a criminal court. They are just used as a scare tactic.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest?
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is an...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Rock On: Utah has LeBron Syndrome
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- Most American high schoolers don't know... 8
- Consumers are padding their checking... 2
- Optimism on the rise for job seekers 2
- Teen drivers hike Utah car insurance 89... 2
- Balancing act: Survey says lack of... 2
- Before you head off on your vacation,... 2
- How do Americans use their time? 1