5 debt collection scams to watch out for
Collecting an old debt »1 of 5 «
Richard Drew, Associated Press
With debt that is beyond the state's statute of limitations, debt collectors can't sue you for it. Although you may still have to pay it, the only action collectors can do is report the old debt to major credit bureaus.
»1 of 5 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- New mission presidents
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- LDS First Presidency announces area...
- Free agent roundup: 15 locals from BYU, Utah,...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- ValueSpeak: How did my toddler grandson...
- Linehan's leg helps propel BYU past Cal for...
- Britain has a new princess — and...
- Michelle Singletary: Stop picking on... 21
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: A different view... 7
- Pope echoes feminist anthem of equal... 6
- $100 million for a home? Luxury buyers... 4
- More Americans spending at least half... 4
- We finally understand what robots mean... 2
- Exxon's 1Q profit falls 46 percent amid... 1
- Rural hospitals struggle to stay open,... 1