5 debt collection scams to watch out for
Collecting an old debt »1 of 5 «
Richard Drew, Associated Press
With debt that is beyond the state's statute of limitations, debt collectors can't sue you for it. Although you may still have to pay it, the only action collectors can do is report the old debt to major credit bureaus.
»1 of 5 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and often...
- LDS Church to create new missions in Utah and...
- Former top deputy in Utah attorney general...
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- In our opinion: The 3 levels of Christmas
- What does a letter grade mean for my child's...
- US consumer prices fall in November 4
- Sony hack adds to security pressure on... 3
- Constantly changing online prices stump... 1
- Questions and answers about traveling... 1
- The 37 most charitable celebrities 1
- Survey says parents spend $532.87 a... 1
- 3 tips for traveling cheaply 1
- 15 things other than salary to consider... 1