5 debt collection scams to watch out for
Collecting an old debt »1 of 5 «
Richard Drew, Associated Press
With debt that is beyond the state's statute of limitations, debt collectors can't sue you for it. Although you may still have to pay it, the only action collectors can do is report the old debt to major credit bureaus.
»1 of 5 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Jazz GM Dennis Lindsey rebuts rumor about an...
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on the...
- Dick Harmon: While away from BYU, Tejan...
- Trial ordered for politician accused of...
- Brooklyn's bed: Parents of 4-year-old brain...
- Elder Rasband offers counsel, blessing to...
- Love won't go to GOP national convention
- What Costco shoppers should know about the...
- Behind the support for Brexit and... 4
- Costco begins new credit card agreement 4
- Yellen faces GOP criticism over weak... 3
- Michelle Singletary: Should you replace... 3
- Nearly 1 in 3 on Medicare got commonly... 2
- Financial Tips & Tricks: When is... 0
- Dave Ramsey says: You might not need... 0
- Sturt & Nordstrom: The 5 fundamental... 0