5 debt collection scams to watch out for
The job of collection agencies is to settle a debt, but sometimes they use unethical and illegal ways to do so. Take a look at these five scams pointed out by Investopedia to know if you are being treated fairly by agencies.
Reports for scams, threats or harassment should be reported to the Fair Trade Commision at 1-866-653-4261.
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Security breached: Intruder gets into White...
- Tragedy can reveal 'the very gold of truth'
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mormon youths celebrate reopening of the...
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 44
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 26
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- How much America wants to be taxed 8
- Financial interventions don't work 7
- Why starting a garden doesn't save you... 6
- Extended warranties a big sell. Are... 4
- Dave Ramsey says: Tips for stretching... 4