High school boys basketball: 4A state tournament capsules
Just like last season, No. 1 Orem and No. 2 Bountiful head into the 4A state tournament as the teams to beat. Last year they met in the semifinals, but this year a possible matchup would occur in the state championship.
There’s still a lot of basketball to be played before the teams can dream of the No. 1 vs. No. 2 final, however, and neither is a lock to advance. The overall quality in 4A is up from last year, and teams like Mountain Crest, Sky View, Olympus, Timpview and Springville are all certainly capable of making deep playoff runs themselves.
James Edward is the prep editor and Real Salt Lake beat writer for the Deseret News. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @dnewspreps
- Mormons popping up all over TV these days
- Utah company films aerial video of renovated...
- College football: BYU receives votes in...
- Teeples: The Big 12 simply can't afford to...
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- Can BYU put together a special season?
- First two stakes mark milestone as LDS Church...
- Lawsuit claims State School Board violated...
- Teeples: The Big 12 simply can't afford... 108
- BYU football: Cougars announce future... 83
- AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco: 'We're... 73
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 54
- Utes fill three future football... 46
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 32
- Former Ute Zane Beadles donates... 30
- College football: BYU receives votes in... 29