High school boys basketball: 4A state tournament capsules
Just like last season, No. 1 Orem and No. 2 Bountiful head into the 4A state tournament as the teams to beat. Last year they met in the semifinals, but this year a possible matchup would occur in the state championship.
There’s still a lot of basketball to be played before the teams can dream of the No. 1 vs. No. 2 final, however, and neither is a lock to advance. The overall quality in 4A is up from last year, and teams like Mountain Crest, Sky View, Olympus, Timpview and Springville are all certainly capable of making deep playoff runs themselves.
James Edward is the prep editor and Real Salt Lake beat writer for the Deseret News. Email: email@example.com; Twitter: @dnewspreps
- Utah man credits God for survival of 4...
- James Dobson joins evangelicals for Trump
- 13,740 acres burned in Antelope Island fire
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts addiction by...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: I know what it's...
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat about this...
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's open to...
- In our opinion: The GOP convention — a...
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big... 126
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down... 105
- Morning links: National college... 75
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 62
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 52
- Big 12 Media Days social roundup:... 49
- Annual instate college basketball... 37