What to watch for: 7 Utah college football stars descend on Indianapolis for 2013 NFL scouting combine
Audition day is nearly here for hundreds of prospective NFL employees.
The NFL's annual scouting combine in Indianapolis will allow many of this year's draft prospects to showcase their skills with scouts and top team executives watching.
On-field drills begin Saturday and run through next Tuesday.
This year, seven guys who played for Utah schools will be headed to Indiana, hoping to improve their NFL draft stock. Of those seven, there are two each from Utah, BYU and Utah State, and another from Southern Utah.
Two of them, the Utes' Star Lotulelei and the Cougars' Ezekiel Ansah, are being predicted as first-round draft picks and will try and prove they are worth top-end draft money.
The other five include Utah's Joe Kruger, Utah State's Will Davis and Kerwynn Williams, Southern Utah's Brad Sorensen and BYU's Braden Brown. All of them will be trying to improve their draft statuses and make positive impressions on NFL teams.
Here's a breakdown of each of the Utah college athletes, including what they need to do at the combine and who they compare to in the NFL.
Email: email@example.com; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- A father's bucket list: 10 things I want to...
- Former longtime Utah Jazz broadcaster Hot Rod...
- State bills to protect religious freedom...
- New mission presidents
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans in...
- 5 underrated Disney movies
- BYU players work out at Pro Day in hopes of...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 88
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill is making a... 31
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 27
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- It's Coach K vs. Coach K as Utah... 22
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 21
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20