What to watch for: 7 Utah college football stars descend on Indianapolis for 2013 NFL scouting combine
Audition day is nearly here for hundreds of prospective NFL employees.
The NFL's annual scouting combine in Indianapolis will allow many of this year's draft prospects to showcase their skills with scouts and top team executives watching.
On-field drills begin Saturday and run through next Tuesday.
This year, seven guys who played for Utah schools will be headed to Indiana, hoping to improve their NFL draft stock. Of those seven, there are two each from Utah, BYU and Utah State, and another from Southern Utah.
Two of them, the Utes' Star Lotulelei and the Cougars' Ezekiel Ansah, are being predicted as first-round draft picks and will try and prove they are worth top-end draft money.
The other five include Utah's Joe Kruger, Utah State's Will Davis and Kerwynn Williams, Southern Utah's Brad Sorensen and BYU's Braden Brown. All of them will be trying to improve their draft statuses and make positive impressions on NFL teams.
Here's a breakdown of each of the Utah college athletes, including what they need to do at the combine and who they compare to in the NFL.
Email: email@example.com; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- Sister Frances J. Monson's legacy of love...
- Davis County honor student arrested in deaths...
- LDS Church responds to Boy Scouts of...
- Letters to family show Steven Powell still...
- Police locate West Point teen called 'person...
- Live streaming: Frances J. Monson funeral
- Woman uses public punishment to teach a...
- Abercrombie & Fitch CEO posts statement on...
- High school baseball: 5A, 4A state... 56
- Hard work, dedication pay off for... 35
- BYU basketball: Dave Rose hoping Tyler... 29
- Bodyguards allegedly beat up 2 fans who... 19
- Utah Jazz: No lottery luck, so Jazz... 19
- Utah State football: New coach Matt... 11
- BYU basketball: Agustin Ambrosino... 11
- BYU football: Fan-developed software... 8