17 money facts you didn't know about U.S. presidents
War souvenirs »16 of 17 «
Museum of the Confederacy
President: Ulysses S. Grant
To make up for the swindled money, Grant sold his Civil War momentos. He owed $150,000 to William H. Vanderbilt. He wasn't able to raise enough money, but Vanderbilt declared the loan fully paid.
»16 of 17 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- New study: Mormon pioneers were safer on trek...
- ACC media days has some interesting tidbits...
- LDS Church to break ground next month for...
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to expand,...
- Some fringe Jazz players opened eyes in Vegas
- Sneaky tricks restaurants use to make you...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 75
- Supporters rally around breast-feeding... 71
- Gov. says Utah will comply with law if... 59
- Herbert on Common Core: 'We are going... 37
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- $1.8B project to take Salt Lake City... 17
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14