17 money facts you didn't know about U.S. presidents
War souvenirs »16 of 17 «
Museum of the Confederacy
President: Ulysses S. Grant
To make up for the swindled money, Grant sold his Civil War momentos. He owed $150,000 to William H. Vanderbilt. He wasn't able to raise enough money, but Vanderbilt declared the loan fully paid.
»16 of 17 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Hundreds search for missing Provo woman who...
- In our opinion: Marriage definition on...
- New mission presidents
- Father raises awareness of congenital defect...
- LDS Church to create Central Eurasian Mission...
- Utah Jazz: Derrick Favors continues to make...
- Jerry Earl Johnston: Euphemisms can't capture...
- 'As great as hosting the Olympics': Utah's...
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 62
- Former Romney finance chairman courting... 56
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 49
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 21
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 21
- Former wrestlers charged, assistant... 21
- Utah high school students unprepared... 16
- Poll: 'Undecided' tops Utah Republican... 15