17 money facts you didn't know about U.S. presidents
War souvenirs »16 of 17 «
Museum of the Confederacy
President: Ulysses S. Grant
To make up for the swindled money, Grant sold his Civil War momentos. He owed $150,000 to William H. Vanderbilt. He wasn't able to raise enough money, but Vanderbilt declared the loan fully paid.
»16 of 17 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- 10 things to know before going to Salt Lake...
- Robert Bennett: Obama has his own 'killer...
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- 5 parenting lessons from movies
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 10
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Missionary, police testify against man... 8