17 money facts you didn't know about U.S. presidents
War souvenirs »16 of 17 «
Museum of the Confederacy
President: Ulysses S. Grant
To make up for the swindled money, Grant sold his Civil War momentos. He owed $150,000 to William H. Vanderbilt. He wasn't able to raise enough money, but Vanderbilt declared the loan fully paid.
»16 of 17 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Concealed permit holder stopped armed robbery...
- LDS dad among finalists for Doritos Super...
- Photos: Hollywood comes to Utah with the...
- Doug Robinson: 'In Football We Trust'...
- New mission presidents
- Book review: Young widow's memoir presents a...
- Tyler Haws vows BYU will turn it around as...
- LDS mission president's wife dies
- Mitt sounds like a candidate at Salt... 87
- Sen. Mike Lee urges conservative... 27
- Lawmakers looking to pump up gas tax... 23
- Are you willing to pay more for your... 22
- EPA inventory highlights 'toxic'... 20
- Darrien Hunt's mother pleads not guilty... 19
- Former SUU rugby player sentenced to... 18
- Inmates turn in handgun and magazine... 18