17 money facts you didn't know about U.S. presidents
War souvenirs »16 of 17 «
Museum of the Confederacy
President: Ulysses S. Grant
To make up for the swindled money, Grant sold his Civil War momentos. He owed $150,000 to William H. Vanderbilt. He wasn't able to raise enough money, but Vanderbilt declared the loan fully paid.
»16 of 17 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- 'Duck Dynasty' daughter sticks to Christian...
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks apart
- LDS Church publishes two new essays on past...
- LDS Church releases video about suicide...
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Expert advice on no-spank discipline that...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 87
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 29
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 24
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 17
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 16