17 money facts you didn't know about U.S. presidents
War souvenirs »16 of 17 «
Museum of the Confederacy
President: Ulysses S. Grant
To make up for the swindled money, Grant sold his Civil War momentos. He owed $150,000 to William H. Vanderbilt. He wasn't able to raise enough money, but Vanderbilt declared the loan fully paid.
»16 of 17 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of...
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over, West...
- Hundreds of teens in Southern California go...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- Funeral services for Sister Frances J. Monson...
- Amy Donaldson: LDS boxer B.J. Flores hopes...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coach Mike Littlewood...
- BYU football: Fan-developed software gives...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 66
- Mitt Romney talks IRS, AP records,... 65
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 40
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- Associated Press CEO calls records... 22
- White House insists Obama was not... 22
- Journalists push back against Obama... 21
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 21