17 money facts you didn't know about U.S. presidents
War souvenirs »16 of 17 «
Museum of the Confederacy
President: Ulysses S. Grant
To make up for the swindled money, Grant sold his Civil War momentos. He owed $150,000 to William H. Vanderbilt. He wasn't able to raise enough money, but Vanderbilt declared the loan fully paid.
»16 of 17 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Dick Harmon: BYU Cougars find new walk-on...
- LDS Church will continue Boy Scout program
- Red and blue recruits: A first look at...
- UHP locates owner of doghouse that sparked...
- Man dies in head-on collision after truck...
- Tyler Haws' NBA dream path takes a detour to...
- BYU coaches happy about development of...
- LDS Church releases statement after vandals...
- Planned Parenthood draws support,... 68
- Poll: Utahns would take Donald Trump... 66
- GOP presidential candidate Jeb Bush has... 28
- Utahns join nationwide protests against... 24
- Commissioner wants new trial as feds... 19
- Doug Robinson: No days off on Utes'... 18
- 'A war on talent': Jobless rate at 3.6... 15
- Herriman residents upset rehab facility... 13