17 money facts you didn't know about U.S. presidents
War souvenirs »16 of 17 «
Museum of the Confederacy
President: Ulysses S. Grant
To make up for the swindled money, Grant sold his Civil War momentos. He owed $150,000 to William H. Vanderbilt. He wasn't able to raise enough money, but Vanderbilt declared the loan fully paid.
»16 of 17 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah town...
- General manager Dennis Lindsey feels Utah...
- Family of scholars: Utah family celebrates...
- Jazz GM Dennis Lindsey rebuts rumor about an...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- BYU, Utah State football programs receive...
- Trial ordered for politician accused of...
- LDS family stars in new TLC show, stresses...
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 73
- Preventing mass shootings? Utah... 67
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald... 62
- Poll: Trump up over Clinton in Utah,... 42
- Chaffetz: I'm going to be 'kid in a... 29
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate... 24
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 22
- Rio Grande neighborhood 'more unsafe... 20