17 money facts you didn't know about U.S. presidents
War souvenirs »16 of 17 «
Museum of the Confederacy
President: Ulysses S. Grant
To make up for the swindled money, Grant sold his Civil War momentos. He owed $150,000 to William H. Vanderbilt. He wasn't able to raise enough money, but Vanderbilt declared the loan fully paid.
»16 of 17 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Toddler basketball star, 'Trick-Shot-Titus,'...
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered for...
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say...
- BYU basketball: 3 players record...
- Families face uncertainty, unite in prayer as...
- Utah Jazz: A few slices of holiday spirit...
- Switched at birth, man raised in poverty...
- Obama: Income inequality a defining... 79
- Should parents pay extra for... 46
- Croatians vote against same-sex marriage 44
- Utah judge could be first to rule on... 34
- Court: Mormon church, members not... 33
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 28
- Utah A.G. John Swallow: 'No way to... 25
- Fast food outlets planning strike for... 25