High school girls basketball: 3A state tournament capsules
Despite this year's 3A state tournament being held 350 miles north of last year's site in St. George, many expect another great showing from Southern Utah's Region 9 schools. The tournament gets underway this Saturday at home sites, and will then shift to Weber State the following Thursday. Defending state champion Snow Canyon, along with last year's runner-up Desert Hills, are expected to be right in the thick of it again.
In order of winning percentage, these are the 16 teams that qualified for the 3A girls state basketball tournament this year:
1. Desert Hills (19-2)
1. Juan Diego (19-2)
3. Morgan (18-2)
4. Cedar (17-4)
5. Delta (14-5)
6. Carbon (15-6)
6. Wasatch (15-6)
6. Judge (15-6)
6. Snow Canyon (15-6)
10. Dixie (14-7)
11. Uintah (13-9)
12. Bear River (11-10)
13. Stansbury (10-11)
14. Spanish Fork (9-12)
15. Ogden (8-12)
16. North Sanpete (8-12)
Here’s a team-by-team look at all 16 teams in the state tournament, and what to expect.
James Edward is the prep sports editor for DeseretNews.com. Email: email@example.com; Twitter: @dnewspreps
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- LDS Church to create new missions in Utah and...
- Jennifer Hamson to lace it up for BYU one...
- The Cougars and their coach's ’stache...
- A year later, a look at the Utah decision on...
- Jimmer & Jimbo: As one pursues a steady role,...
- 'Unbroken' faith: The religious journey of...
- Injured Tyler Haws could play when BYU hosts...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 69
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 60
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 40
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 31