High school girls basketball: 3A state tournament capsules
Despite this year's 3A state tournament being held 350 miles north of last year's site in St. George, many expect another great showing from Southern Utah's Region 9 schools. The tournament gets underway this Saturday at home sites, and will then shift to Weber State the following Thursday. Defending state champion Snow Canyon, along with last year's runner-up Desert Hills, are expected to be right in the thick of it again.
In order of winning percentage, these are the 16 teams that qualified for the 3A girls state basketball tournament this year:
1. Desert Hills (19-2)
1. Juan Diego (19-2)
3. Morgan (18-2)
4. Cedar (17-4)
5. Delta (14-5)
6. Carbon (15-6)
6. Wasatch (15-6)
6. Judge (15-6)
6. Snow Canyon (15-6)
10. Dixie (14-7)
11. Uintah (13-9)
12. Bear River (11-10)
13. Stansbury (10-11)
14. Spanish Fork (9-12)
15. Ogden (8-12)
16. North Sanpete (8-12)
Here’s a team-by-team look at all 16 teams in the state tournament, and what to expect.
James Edward is the prep sports editor for DeseretNews.com. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @dnewspreps
- Mom battling cancer determined to live for...
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty overturned,...
- 'Duck Dynasty' dad approves of daughter's...
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down Utah and...
- Things that changed my view of marriage forever
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Is BYU quarterback...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Ex-Tabiona High teacher sent to prison for...