High school girls basketball: 3A state tournament capsules
Despite this year's 3A state tournament being held 350 miles north of last year's site in St. George, many expect another great showing from Southern Utah's Region 9 schools. The tournament gets underway this Saturday at home sites, and will then shift to Weber State the following Thursday. Defending state champion Snow Canyon, along with last year's runner-up Desert Hills, are expected to be right in the thick of it again.
In order of winning percentage, these are the 16 teams that qualified for the 3A girls state basketball tournament this year:
1. Desert Hills (19-2)
1. Juan Diego (19-2)
3. Morgan (18-2)
4. Cedar (17-4)
5. Delta (14-5)
6. Carbon (15-6)
6. Wasatch (15-6)
6. Judge (15-6)
6. Snow Canyon (15-6)
10. Dixie (14-7)
11. Uintah (13-9)
12. Bear River (11-10)
13. Stansbury (10-11)
14. Spanish Fork (9-12)
15. Ogden (8-12)
16. North Sanpete (8-12)
Here’s a team-by-team look at all 16 teams in the state tournament, and what to expect.
James Edward is the prep sports editor for DeseretNews.com. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @dnewspreps
- Utah man credits God for survival of 4...
- James Dobson joins evangelicals for Trump
- 13,740 acres burned in Antelope Island fire
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts addiction by...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: I know what it's...
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat about this...
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's open to...
- In our opinion: The GOP convention — a...