High school girls basketball: 3A state tournament capsules
Despite this year's 3A state tournament being held 350 miles north of last year's site in St. George, many expect another great showing from Southern Utah's Region 9 schools. The tournament gets underway this Saturday at home sites, and will then shift to Weber State the following Thursday. Defending state champion Snow Canyon, along with last year's runner-up Desert Hills, are expected to be right in the thick of it again.
In order of winning percentage, these are the 16 teams that qualified for the 3A girls state basketball tournament this year:
1. Desert Hills (19-2)
1. Juan Diego (19-2)
3. Morgan (18-2)
4. Cedar (17-4)
5. Delta (14-5)
6. Carbon (15-6)
6. Wasatch (15-6)
6. Judge (15-6)
6. Snow Canyon (15-6)
10. Dixie (14-7)
11. Uintah (13-9)
12. Bear River (11-10)
13. Stansbury (10-11)
14. Spanish Fork (9-12)
15. Ogden (8-12)
16. North Sanpete (8-12)
Here’s a team-by-team look at all 16 teams in the state tournament, and what to expect.
James Edward is the prep sports editor for DeseretNews.com. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @dnewspreps
- Mangum 'humbled' to be BYU's quarterback,...
- Elder Ballard visits refugee camps in Germany...
- LDS World: How events in Paris are a reminder...
- Feds: Utah companies accused of conducting...
- Utah State denies David Collette's release,...
- Wright Words: Why Thanksgiving is special for...
- Ogden woman sues trooper, alleging he...
- BYU's Rose adjusts lineup — freshman...
- 13th-ranked Utes go south, drop pivotal... 128
- BYU expecting a 'dogfight' in Logan... 55
- Brad Rock: Utah Utes disappoint but not... 52
- Utes fall to No. 23 in playoff... 49
- College football: Utes hanging on in... 45
- Morning links: Beehive State coaches on... 41
- Utes lost more than just a game on... 38
- Live updates: No. 13 Utah takes on UCLA... 35