High school girls basketball: 3A state tournament capsules
Despite this year's 3A state tournament being held 350 miles north of last year's site in St. George, many expect another great showing from Southern Utah's Region 9 schools. The tournament gets underway this Saturday at home sites, and will then shift to Weber State the following Thursday. Defending state champion Snow Canyon, along with last year's runner-up Desert Hills, are expected to be right in the thick of it again.
In order of winning percentage, these are the 16 teams that qualified for the 3A girls state basketball tournament this year:
1. Desert Hills (19-2)
1. Juan Diego (19-2)
3. Morgan (18-2)
4. Cedar (17-4)
5. Delta (14-5)
6. Carbon (15-6)
6. Wasatch (15-6)
6. Judge (15-6)
6. Snow Canyon (15-6)
10. Dixie (14-7)
11. Uintah (13-9)
12. Bear River (11-10)
13. Stansbury (10-11)
14. Spanish Fork (9-12)
15. Ogden (8-12)
16. North Sanpete (8-12)
Here’s a team-by-team look at all 16 teams in the state tournament, and what to expect.
James Edward is the prep sports editor for DeseretNews.com. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @dnewspreps
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of...
- Utah's first family of boxing loses one of...
- BYU basketball guard Anson Winder and...
- Attorneys want BYU track team testimony...
- New BYU-Idaho president: Clark G. Gilbert to...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make...
- About Utah: Utah Valley University fills a...
- Peavler: Can BYU football rise up to... 66
- Tyler Haws vows BYU will turn it around... 38
- San Diego hands BYU its second straight... 37
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 32
- Dick Harmon: Texas speedster Charles... 28
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 25
- Utes get it done at home again 21
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 21