High school girls basketball: 3A state tournament capsules
Despite this year's 3A state tournament being held 350 miles north of last year's site in St. George, many expect another great showing from Southern Utah's Region 9 schools. The tournament gets underway this Saturday at home sites, and will then shift to Weber State the following Thursday. Defending state champion Snow Canyon, along with last year's runner-up Desert Hills, are expected to be right in the thick of it again.
In order of winning percentage, these are the 16 teams that qualified for the 3A girls state basketball tournament this year:
1. Desert Hills (19-2)
1. Juan Diego (19-2)
3. Morgan (18-2)
4. Cedar (17-4)
5. Delta (14-5)
6. Carbon (15-6)
6. Wasatch (15-6)
6. Judge (15-6)
6. Snow Canyon (15-6)
10. Dixie (14-7)
11. Uintah (13-9)
12. Bear River (11-10)
13. Stansbury (10-11)
14. Spanish Fork (9-12)
15. Ogden (8-12)
16. North Sanpete (8-12)
Here’s a team-by-team look at all 16 teams in the state tournament, and what to expect.
James Edward is the prep sports editor for DeseretNews.com. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @dnewspreps
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mom battling cancer determined to live for...
- Things that changed my view of marriage forever
- Utah Sports Ruckus: BYU football's first...
- Six arrested in wild Utah County kidnapping;...
- No. 21 BYU preparing for a Virginia team...
- Dick Harmon: Is BYU quarterback Taysom Hill...
- 'Living nightmare' almost over for daughters...
- AAC commish: BYU is a 'power' team 130
- Roller-coaster ride: BYU outlasts... 103
- Pac-12 trips have made the Big House a... 80
- BYU moves up to No. 21 in AP poll, No.... 61
- Vai's View: BYU's greatest quarterback... 50
- No. 21 BYU preparing for a Virginia... 45
- BYU off to first 3-0 start in 6... 44
- BYU football report card: Mostly B's... 36