High school girls basketball: 3A state tournament capsules
Despite this year's 3A state tournament being held 350 miles north of last year's site in St. George, many expect another great showing from Southern Utah's Region 9 schools. The tournament gets underway this Saturday at home sites, and will then shift to Weber State the following Thursday. Defending state champion Snow Canyon, along with last year's runner-up Desert Hills, are expected to be right in the thick of it again.
In order of winning percentage, these are the 16 teams that qualified for the 3A girls state basketball tournament this year:
1. Desert Hills (19-2)
1. Juan Diego (19-2)
3. Morgan (18-2)
4. Cedar (17-4)
5. Delta (14-5)
6. Carbon (15-6)
6. Wasatch (15-6)
6. Judge (15-6)
6. Snow Canyon (15-6)
10. Dixie (14-7)
11. Uintah (13-9)
12. Bear River (11-10)
13. Stansbury (10-11)
14. Spanish Fork (9-12)
15. Ogden (8-12)
16. North Sanpete (8-12)
Here’s a team-by-team look at all 16 teams in the state tournament, and what to expect.
James Edward is the prep sports editor for DeseretNews.com. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @dnewspreps
- New mission presidents
- All 4 of Joseph Smith's firsthand accounts of...
- One thing that changed my view of marriage...
- In our opinion: Marriage definition on...
- National experts weigh in on the BYU Cougars'...
- Rock On: Next Utah college coach to leave is ...
- Father raises awareness of congenital defect...
- Gordon Hayward looks to get better at...
- Little offense as main players sit out... 105
- Brad Rock: BYU's window is closing; big... 101
- Morning links: Duke in pursuit of Lone... 45
- BYU offense looking to move the ball,... 34
- Analysis: Utah Jazz will be better, but... 17
- Dave Rose hires May as BYU's director... 13
- Pittsburgh to hire Utah State Athletic... 11
- Scott Mitchell: Former U., NFL... 10