High school basketball: 3A boys tournament capsules
A year ago, teams from Southern Utah enjoyed a distinct advantage with the 3A boys basketball tournament being held at Dixie State College. It’s time for the north to enjoy a little home-court advantage with the last three rounds of this year’s tournament being held at Weber State.
That’s great news for teams like Morgan and Judge, each of who is more than capable of cutting down the nets next weekend. Even though the tournament is up north, and even though Region 9 isn’t as strong as last year, nobody would be surprised to see another team from Southern Utah claim the state title just like Hurricane did last year.
Hurricane didn’t qualify for this year’s tournament, so a new champion is guaranteed to be crowned.
In order of winning percentage, these are the 16 teams that qualified for the 3A boys state basketball tournament this year.
1. Morgan Trojans (19-2)
2. Judge Memorial Bulldogs (18-5)
3. Spanish Fork Dons (17-3)
4. Desert Hills Thunder (15-6)
5. Bear River Bears (15-7)
6. Cedar Redmen (14-7)
7. Snow Canyon Warriors (13-6)
8. Ben Lomond Scots (13-9)
9. Carbon Dinos (11-11)
10. Payson Lions (11-12)
11. Delta Rabbits (10-10)
12. Ogden Tigers (9-11)
13. Park City Miners (9-13)
14. Wasatch Wasps (9-13)
15. Dixie Flyers (9-13)
16. Union Cougars (8-12)
James Edward is the prep editor for the Deseret News. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @dnewspreps
- Son shares story of miraculous reunion with...
- Elder L. Tom Perry's cancer terminal, 'has...
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- Is your financial house in order? 10...
- The Clean Cut: Stuttering comedian wins over...
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- Lindsey Stirling's father responds to...
- Morning links: Haws, Wright workout for NBA...