Fun facts and trivia about the annual State of the Union address
»10 items «
On Tuesday night, Senators, Representatives, members of the Supreme Court, the "diplomatic corps," Cabinet secretaries and special guests will gather to listen as President Barack Obama gives his final State of the Union speech. The annual State of the Union address has its roots in American history and the U.S. Constitution, which states that the president shall, from time to time, give Congress information on the state of the union and recommend their consideration of measures the president judges necessary. Here's a look at some trivia and fun facts surrounding the annual speech.
»10 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Newlywed viral Star Wars couple: 'The Force...
- BYU football receives commitment from Lone...
- Utah family changes course because of child's...
- Dick Harmon: With historic hoops coaching...
- Utah and UVU assigned regionals; BYU left out...
- About Utah: Utah teacher taught 15 children...
- New temple presidents
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed hotel...
Most Commented Across Site
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 112
- Morning links: Phil Steele discusses... 72
- Mitt Romney Sundance film gives... 66
- Brad Rock: BYU-Utah hoops are back... 53
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter... 53
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 49
- Orrin Hatch: My meeting with Supreme... 46
- Why the University of Miami plans to... 45