Fun facts and trivia about the annual State of the Union address
»10 items «
On Tuesday night, Senators, Representatives, members of the Supreme Court, the "diplomatic corps," Cabinet secretaries and special guests will gather to listen as President Barack Obama gives his final State of the Union speech. The annual State of the Union address has its roots in American history and the U.S. Constitution, which states that the president shall, from time to time, give Congress information on the state of the union and recommend their consideration of measures the president judges necessary. Here's a look at some trivia and fun facts surrounding the annual speech.
»10 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- James Dobson joins evangelicals for Trump
- Utah man credits God for survival of 4...
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts addiction by...
- Everything we think we know about sex...
- 13,740 acres burned in Antelope Island fire
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: I know what it's...
- In our opinion: The GOP convention — a...
Most Commented Across Site
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Morning links: National college... 80
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 65
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 53
- Obama rejects Trump depiction of US in... 40
- Dan Liljenquist: My theory regarding... 40