33 memorable quotes from America's 16th president, Abraham Lincoln
On April 14, 1865, President Abraham Lincoln was shot while attending a play at Ford's Theatre in Washington, D.C. He died the next morning.
Although Lincoln's death was 150 years ago today, his legacy lives on.
Throughout his tenure as President of the United States of America, Lincoln faced myriad difficult issues, including slavery and the Civil War. During these trials, it was his convictions and his eloquence of reaching and impacting others with his words that carried America through some of its darkest times.
Here we present pictures of some of his greatest quotes from one of the most popular Lincoln twitter accounts LincolnQuote.
- Elders Rasband, Stevenson, Renlund sustained...
- Elder Jeffrey R. Holland: 'Behold Thy Mother'
- Unique LDS temple, high-rise apartment...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- Reasons for Travis Wilson's confidence:...
- Saturday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- BYU report card: Defense holds its own...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Gunman opens fire at Oregon college; at... 62
- 'A terrible day' - 9 killed by gunman... 61
- Investigation: Secret Service tried to... 52
- Obama says response to shootings has... 50
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- GOP: Planned Parenthood spends federal... 45
- Obama says fight against Islamic State... 26