33 memorable quotes from America's 16th president, Abraham Lincoln
On April 14, 1865, President Abraham Lincoln was shot while attending a play at Ford's Theatre in Washington, D.C. He died the next morning.
Although Lincoln's death was 150 years ago today, his legacy lives on.
Throughout his tenure as President of the United States of America, Lincoln faced myriad difficult issues, including slavery and the Civil War. During these trials, it was his convictions and his eloquence of reaching and impacting others with his words that carried America through some of its darkest times.
Here we present pictures of some of his greatest quotes from one of the most popular Lincoln twitter accounts LincolnQuote.
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- New temple presidents
- Utahns in baseball: BYU alum Adam Law breaks...
- Mayor responds to pending harassment lawsuit...
- Amy Donaldson: It's easy for this working...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback Austin...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Boy Scouts' leader says ban on gay... 169
- Clinton: GOP threatening small-business... 19
- Ireland has voted to legalize gay... 18
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 17
- Ohio patrolman acquitted in shooting... 16
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 15
- David Letterman leaves late night with... 12
- Irish premier: 'Create history' by... 12