33 memorable quotes from America's 16th president, Abraham Lincoln
On April 14, 1865, President Abraham Lincoln was shot while attending a play at Ford's Theatre in Washington, D.C. He died the next morning.
Although Lincoln's death was 150 years ago today, his legacy lives on.
Throughout his tenure as President of the United States of America, Lincoln faced myriad difficult issues, including slavery and the Civil War. During these trials, it was his convictions and his eloquence of reaching and impacting others with his words that carried America through some of its darkest times.
Here we present pictures of some of his greatest quotes from one of the most popular Lincoln twitter accounts LincolnQuote.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Women hired by LDS Church History Department...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- LDS Church opposed to state senator's medical...
- For Star Lotulelei, Super Bowl loss leaves...
- Strike up the band for better health
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- US adds just 151k jobs in January; 4.9... 29
- Clinton seeks to cut into Sanders' New... 9
- 5 things to know about the Super Bowl... 9
- Clinton's New Hampshire challenge:... 6
- US productivity fell at sharp 3 percent... 5
- Democratic race down to just two:... 5
- Debate Takeaways: Rubio shaken, Trump... 5
- For the Clintons, New Hampshire is the... 5