Five reasons BYU will make the NCAA tournament
By Stephen Vincent
For the Deseret News
With Thursday’s night’s loss at San Diego, BYU lost some of its footing as an NCAA Bubble team. At the start of the week, ESPN’s NCAA Tournament Projections list the Cougars among the teams on their list of “Next Four Out.” The Cougars will probably slide out of that slot as a result of their loss.
The Cougars' bubble, though, has not burst. The loss to San Diego caused BYU to tumble 11 spots in the RPI rankings to No. 55, but the Cougars still have a month to repair the damage from the loss at Jenny Craig Pavilion. The Cougars’ NCAA Tournament hopes are in critical condition, but recovery is possible.
The next month will determine whether BYU goes dancing. Here is why I think the Cougars will get an invitation.
Stephen Vincent is a St. George native and a third-year law student at Arizona State University.
- Faith carries LDS couple as each of their...
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in Micronesia
- Cyclists killed in early morning crash shared...
- BYU chemist makes breakthrough discovery on...
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- Defending the Faith: Is morality mere illusion?
- BYU football: D-line returned missionaries...
- Why the rise of smart machines could...
- Utah basketball: Utes outlast... 89
- BYU basketball: Cougars outlast San... 86
- Minute-by-minute: How Utah and USU lost... 86
- BYU basketball: Gonzaga builds early... 72
- San Francisco coach apologizes for... 56
- BYU basketball: Kyle Collinsworth has... 44
- Utah basketball: Utes get 'punched in... 42
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes eager to... 32