Five reasons BYU will make the NCAA tournament
By Stephen Vincent
For the Deseret News
With Thursday’s night’s loss at San Diego, BYU lost some of its footing as an NCAA Bubble team. At the start of the week, ESPN’s NCAA Tournament Projections list the Cougars among the teams on their list of “Next Four Out.” The Cougars will probably slide out of that slot as a result of their loss.
The Cougars' bubble, though, has not burst. The loss to San Diego caused BYU to tumble 11 spots in the RPI rankings to No. 55, but the Cougars still have a month to repair the damage from the loss at Jenny Craig Pavilion. The Cougars’ NCAA Tournament hopes are in critical condition, but recovery is possible.
The next month will determine whether BYU goes dancing. Here is why I think the Cougars will get an invitation.
Stephen Vincent is a St. George native and a third-year law student at Arizona State University.
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70
- Jewish woman launches modest online...
- Why I make my kids go to church
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle with Arizona
- BYU basketball analysis: How the Cougars held...
- New mission presidents
- LDS girl's imagination takes viewers of a new...
- 17 years later, parents find kidnapped...