Five reasons BYU will make the NCAA tournament
By Stephen Vincent
For the Deseret News
With Thursday’s night’s loss at San Diego, BYU lost some of its footing as an NCAA Bubble team. At the start of the week, ESPN’s NCAA Tournament Projections list the Cougars among the teams on their list of “Next Four Out.” The Cougars will probably slide out of that slot as a result of their loss.
The Cougars' bubble, though, has not burst. The loss to San Diego caused BYU to tumble 11 spots in the RPI rankings to No. 55, but the Cougars still have a month to repair the damage from the loss at Jenny Craig Pavilion. The Cougars’ NCAA Tournament hopes are in critical condition, but recovery is possible.
The next month will determine whether BYU goes dancing. Here is why I think the Cougars will get an invitation.
Stephen Vincent is a St. George native and a third-year law student at Arizona State University.
- Videographer explains drone flight over D.C....
- Ex-Utahn accused of killing 6 in Texas was...
- Hundreds pray, fast for Utah boy burned over...
- Big turnout of fans buoys Jazz
- Is independence a viable option for BYU, or...
- Drone flies over LDS Washington D.C.Temple,...
- My view: The most famous person born in Utah
- Parents of eight children both have cancer,...
- Vai's View: Harvey Langi hopes to... 285
- BYU-Utah rated nation's 12th-best... 124
- Is independence a viable option for... 119
- Gordon Hayward agrees to terms with... 65
- 4 Utah college football players named... 34
- BYU football: Box Elder's Riley Burt... 31
- Utah Jazz almost on the clock to match... 27
- Big turnout of fans buoys Jazz 17