Deseret News Mr. Basketball Winners (1998-2012)
»15 items «
Deseret News Archives
The Deseret News has been honoring the state’s best basketball players for 25 years, dating back to 1987 when Ben Lomond’s Kurt Miller won the inaugural award. Of the 25 winners, all have gone on to play college basketball with Emery’s Shawn Bradley and Britton Johnsen eventually playing in the NBA. This year’s winner, Tyrell Corbin, is the first winner from West High School. Twenty different high schools have had an athlete win the award, with only Lone Peak, Murray and Judge having multiple winners. Murray’s Jeff Johnsen and Lone Peak’s Tyler Haws are the only two-time winners of the Mr. Basketball award. This list contains the winners from 1998-2011.
»15 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- LDS missionaries developing strategies to...
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach the...
- Snow wreaks havoc across state, curbs travel...
- Judge orders Colo. cake-maker to serve gay...
- Rare snowstorm traps I-15 motorists overnight...
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes coming...
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- BYU football: Cougars to play Washington in...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on... 114
- Obama: Income inequality a defining... 108
- Judge orders Colo. cake-maker to serve... 102
- LDS missionaries developing strategies... 61
- Federal website fixes allowing more... 44
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for... 31
- Colorado court hears discrimination... 30
- Tea Party Express endorses Sen. Mike... 28