You don't say? Hilarious Q&A from Super Bowl Media Day (+video)
From weird to funny to just plain crazy, the media comes up with some strange questions to ask players during the week leading to the Super Bowl.
The over-the-top antics and odd inquiries hit a peak the Tuesday before the game, known as Media Day, and this year's annual media craze delivered some gems from the Baltimore Ravens and San Francisco 49ers personnel.
Of the thousands of questions posted to players and coaches, some are bound to make people scratch their head, while others make people bend over in laughter.
In a digital age, even fans can have their say in what kind of questions players are subjected to. By using the social media site Twitter, reporters have turned to fans to find out what kind of strange questions they want answered from their favorite players.
An easy way to tell a question is unexpected? When the player or coach's first response is another question.
Sometimes, even a seemingly simple question can elicit a funny, off-the-wall type response. Or a question about the past can dig up a story worth telling. Just ask 49ers head coach Jim Harbaugh or former Utah defensive end Paul Kruger.
Here's a look at 10 questions that produced some funny moments at this year's Super Bowl Media Day.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: brandonljudd
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Mormon youths celebrate reopening of the...
- Tragedy can reveal 'the very gold of truth'
- Security breached: Intruder gets into White...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...