Viral 18-point iPhone contract from a mother to her son
The following 18-point iPhone contract from a mother to her son was created by Janell Burley Hofmann. This post originally appeared on Hofmann's blog, www.janellburleyhofmann.com and has been shared on dozens of additional sites, including The Huffington Post. It has been reposted here with the author's permission.
Merry Christmas! You are now the proud owner of an iPhone. You are a good and responsible 13-year-old boy and you deserve this gift. But with the acceptance of this present come rules and regulations.
Please read through the following contract. I hope that you understand it is my job to raise you into a well-rounded, healthy young man that can function in the world and coexist with technology, not be ruled by it.
Failure to comply with the following list will result in termination of your iPhone ownership. I love you madly and look forward to sharing several million text messages with you in the days to come. It is my hope that you can agree to these terms. Most of the lessons listed here do not just apply to the iPhone, but to life.
You are growing up in a fast and ever-changing world. It is exciting and enticing. Keep it simple every chance you get. Trust your powerful mind and giant heart above any machine. I love you. I hope you enjoy your awesome new iPhone. Merry Christmas!
- Elder L. Tom Perry's cancer terminal, 'has...
- Son shares story of miraculous reunion with...
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- Lindsey Stirling's father responds to...
- The Clean Cut: Stuttering comedian wins over...
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- 14 things you didn't know about dreams
- Morning links: Haws, Wright workout for NBA...
- Why my husband never sleeps on the... 25
- BYU student parlays app idea into a... 13
- Family stress and poverty affect... 12
- How strict should parents really be? 5
- Erin Stewart: Are your possessions... 5
- How different types of mothers have... 4
- About Utah: Reliving their great escape... 4
- Great-grandfather receives honorary... 3