Viral 18-point iPhone contract from a mother to her son
The following 18-point iPhone contract from a mother to her son was created by Janell Burley Hofmann. This post originally appeared on Hofmann's blog, www.janellburleyhofmann.com and has been shared on dozens of additional sites, including The Huffington Post. It has been reposted here with the author's permission.
Merry Christmas! You are now the proud owner of an iPhone. You are a good and responsible 13-year-old boy and you deserve this gift. But with the acceptance of this present come rules and regulations.
Please read through the following contract. I hope that you understand it is my job to raise you into a well-rounded, healthy young man that can function in the world and coexist with technology, not be ruled by it.
Failure to comply with the following list will result in termination of your iPhone ownership. I love you madly and look forward to sharing several million text messages with you in the days to come. It is my hope that you can agree to these terms. Most of the lessons listed here do not just apply to the iPhone, but to life.
You are growing up in a fast and ever-changing world. It is exciting and enticing. Keep it simple every chance you get. Trust your powerful mind and giant heart above any machine. I love you. I hope you enjoy your awesome new iPhone. Merry Christmas!
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Toddler basketball star, 'Trick-Shot-Titus,'...
- Families face uncertainty, unite in prayer as...
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered for...
- Former Cougar star Jackson Emery shares...
- Switched at birth, man raised in poverty...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on state...
- The Killers collaborates with Owen Wilson and...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on... 74
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 30
- 'Little Bulldog' will take a break; the... 18
- Tips for living: One woman's journey to... 7
- The Killers collaborates with Owen... 6
- Couple money woes: When one partner is... 5
- Alpine woman is a dessert contest,... 5
- Frugal millennials leading way in... 5