10 basics every American should know about the debt ceiling debate
Where is the money coming from now? »3 of 10 «
When the debt limit was reached a few weeks ago, the Secretary of the Treasury used emergency borrowing authority to spend about $200 billion to fund government operations.
This is referred to as “extraordinary measures,” which allows the Treasury Department to use legal financial maneuvers to take care of government obligations.
»3 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Security, authorities detain woman...
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to...
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's volleyball...
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule...
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- Jerry Earl Johnston: Do you fit the Mormon...
- Erin Stewart: Are your possessions stealing...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 36
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 22
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 20
- Conservative group yanks TV ads... 17
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 15
- Mayor responds to pending harassment... 14
- BYU student parlays app idea into a... 12