10 basics every American should know about the debt ceiling debate
Where is the money coming from now? »3 of 10 «
When the debt limit was reached a few weeks ago, the Secretary of the Treasury used emergency borrowing authority to spend about $200 billion to fund government operations.
This is referred to as “extraordinary measures,” which allows the Treasury Department to use legal financial maneuvers to take care of government obligations.
»3 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Lehi toddler killed in accident remembered as...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- New mission presidents
- New temple president
- President Obama to make first trip to... 101
- BYU student claims he was evicted after... 57
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more... 40
- Sen. Harry Reid's retirement recalls... 39
- Tea party movement still strong,... 23
- Cyclist killed on training run after... 23
- A river runs dry: Water and the future... 15
- Court battle settled over Susan Powell... 12