10 basics every American should know about the debt ceiling debate
Where is the money coming from now? »3 of 10 «
When the debt limit was reached a few weeks ago, the Secretary of the Treasury used emergency borrowing authority to spend about $200 billion to fund government operations.
This is referred to as “extraordinary measures,” which allows the Treasury Department to use legal financial maneuvers to take care of government obligations.
»3 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- LDS Church clarifies position on...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- LDS Church to create new missions in Utah and...
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested for...
- What does a letter grade mean for my child's...
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Why the working-class...
- A year later, a look at the Utah... 88
- Majority of Utahns oppose moving state... 54
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 35
- Anti-police protests tie up traffic on... 32
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 16
- Utah lawmakers recommend lowest-cost... 16
- What does a letter grade mean for my... 15
- Couples celebrate one-year anniversary... 13