10 basics every American should know about the debt ceiling debate
Why doesn't congress increase the debt ceiling like before? »2 of 10 «
J. Scott Applewhite, Associated Press
Congress is currently debating if it should increase the debt ceiling or start defaulting on obligations to try and halt the debt growth. If the limit isn't increased, money to operate the government will have to come from somewhere else, whether it’s by cutting military and civilian employee salaries, programs or raising taxes.
»2 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- LDS missionaries save apartment complex from...
- Elder Per G. Malm dies at age 67
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena in...
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says it...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws ire
- Pregnant woman killed in collision with...
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'...
- President Uchtdorf visits refugees; presents...
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 42
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 38
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 14
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 12
- Sanders to address Utah delegation to... 12
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9