10 basics every American should know about the debt ceiling debate
Why doesn't congress increase the debt ceiling like before? »2 of 10 «
J. Scott Applewhite, Associated Press
Congress is currently debating if it should increase the debt ceiling or start defaulting on obligations to try and halt the debt growth. If the limit isn't increased, money to operate the government will have to come from somewhere else, whether it’s by cutting military and civilian employee salaries, programs or raising taxes.
»2 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- New mission presidents
- Wright Words: Founding member of SEAL Team...
- One thing that changed my view of marriage...
- Rock On: Next Utah college coach to leave is ...
- All 4 of Joseph Smith's firsthand accounts of...
- Mormon humanitarian Bishnu Adhikari, family...
- Former world middleweight champion Gene...
- National experts weigh in on the BYU Cougars'...
- Former Romney finance chairman courting... 60
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 53
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 23
- Former wrestlers charged, assistant... 23
- Poll: 'Undecided' tops Utah Republican... 15
- Hatch, Lee split on new attorney general 14
- Deputy's widow laments small room for... 9
- Herbert, legislative leaders to talk... 8