10 basics every American should know about the debt ceiling debate
Why doesn't congress increase the debt ceiling like before? »2 of 10 «
J. Scott Applewhite, Associated Press
Congress is currently debating if it should increase the debt ceiling or start defaulting on obligations to try and halt the debt growth. If the limit isn't increased, money to operate the government will have to come from somewhere else, whether it’s by cutting military and civilian employee salaries, programs or raising taxes.
»2 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Mormon youths celebrate reopening of the...
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test?
- Leo Tolstoy's view of Mormons as teaching...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 156
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 60
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 45
- Police release names of officers... 31
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 29
- Love says commenting on Saratoga... 20
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18