10 basics every American should know about the debt ceiling debate
Why doesn't congress increase the debt ceiling like before? »2 of 10 «
J. Scott Applewhite, Associated Press
Congress is currently debating if it should increase the debt ceiling or start defaulting on obligations to try and halt the debt growth. If the limit isn't increased, money to operate the government will have to come from somewhere else, whether it’s by cutting military and civilian employee salaries, programs or raising taxes.
»2 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- New BYU president: Kevin Worthen to replace...
- Dick Harmon: BYU exits Las Vegas in a...
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- San Francisco coach apologizes for postgame...
- Wright Words: Disney's 'Frozen' and why we...
- BYU basketball: Gonzaga builds early lead,...
- Second victim found of Murray trucker accused...
- Two cyclists killed after hit by pickup in...
- Judge: Biological father will share... 31
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 27
- Local religious leaders urge support... 25
- Cities, state battle panhandling... 24
- New BYU president: Kevin Worthen to... 24
- Gov. Herbert: I'm an 'action figure' on... 22
- Hatch, Lee call on federal government... 19
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 18