10 basics every American should know about the debt ceiling debate
Why doesn't congress increase the debt ceiling like before? »2 of 10 «
J. Scott Applewhite, Associated Press
Congress is currently debating if it should increase the debt ceiling or start defaulting on obligations to try and halt the debt growth. If the limit isn't increased, money to operate the government will have to come from somewhere else, whether it’s by cutting military and civilian employee salaries, programs or raising taxes.
»2 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Mormons popping up all over TV these days
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- Doug Robinson: Erin Andrews switches teams...
- Can BYU put together a special season?
- Utah company films aerial video of renovated...
- Peavler: Bronco Mendenhall and BYU embrace...
- Proposal: Real Salt Lake would pay for minor...
- First two stakes mark milestone as LDS Church...
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed... 78
- Republican, Democratic political... 49
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort 43
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding'... 33
- Pro-Palestinian crowd rallies in Salt... 33
- Lawsuit claims State School Board... 29
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 26
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 24