10 basics every American should know about the debt ceiling debate
How would this affect me? »10 of 10 «
Carlos Osorio, Associated Press
Currently, daily revenue from taxes covers 60 percent of what the government spends and borrowed money takes care of the rest. Once the government is no longer able to borrow, it would have to get the money by raising taxes, cutting services, reducing it’s payroll or a combination of all three.
»10 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- New mission presidents
- LDS First Presidency announces area...
- Free agent roundup: 15 locals from BYU, Utah,...
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- Linehan's leg helps propel BYU past Cal for...
- ValueSpeak: How did my toddler grandson...
- High school track: Orem boys, Millard girls...
- Opposing sides of same-sex marriage... 125
- Outcome of same-sex marriage case hard... 54
- Stewart, Bishop launch group to take... 38
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 30
- Herbert, legislative leaders starting... 29
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- LDS Church donates $100,000 to combat... 19
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 14