10 basics every American should know about the debt ceiling debate
How would this affect me? »10 of 10 «
Carlos Osorio, Associated Press
Currently, daily revenue from taxes covers 60 percent of what the government spends and borrowed money takes care of the rest. Once the government is no longer able to borrow, it would have to get the money by raising taxes, cutting services, reducing it’s payroll or a combination of all three.
»10 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Dispatchers answer man's repeated 911 calls...
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- Canada man finds an Elizabeth Gallagher for...
- How would LDS be affected by renewed US-Cuba...
- Little Lamb: A babe in white linen on white...
- Utah Jazz pick up rare road win against Miami...
- Prison relocation sites down to four as... 49
- Majority of Utahns oppose moving state... 48
- Obama signature all that's left in... 39
- End gun violence, say faith leaders on... 32
- The water question: Tapping into one of... 24
- Popular Utah County water recreation... 21
- Utahns favor Count My Vote and SB54,... 15
- Utah to put $10M in revenue toward SAGE... 14