10 basics every American should know about the debt ceiling debate
How would this affect me? »10 of 10 «
Carlos Osorio, Associated Press
Currently, daily revenue from taxes covers 60 percent of what the government spends and borrowed money takes care of the rest. Once the government is no longer able to borrow, it would have to get the money by raising taxes, cutting services, reducing it’s payroll or a combination of all three.
»10 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- LDS young man makes lasting impression on the...
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- Two LDS temples will be closing for extensive...
- Obama signature all that's left in BYU's...
- The Clean Cut: Alex Boye releases original...
- 'Why would they do this?' Kearns woman who...
- Ask Angela: LDS bridal showers are out of...
- 'Did great-grandpa know Joseph Smith?' New...
- Gov. Gary Herbert: Now is the time to... 61
- Prison relocation sites down to four as... 49
- Why Utah is the most charitable state... 38
- Obama signature all that's left in... 38
- End gun violence, say faith leaders on... 27
- The water question: Tapping into one of... 24
- Popular Utah County water recreation... 21
- Utahns favor Count My Vote and SB54,... 15