10 basics every American should know about the debt ceiling debate
How would this affect me? »10 of 10 «
Carlos Osorio, Associated Press
Currently, daily revenue from taxes covers 60 percent of what the government spends and borrowed money takes care of the rest. Once the government is no longer able to borrow, it would have to get the money by raising taxes, cutting services, reducing it’s payroll or a combination of all three.
»10 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Sister Frances J. Monson's legacy of love...
- LDS Church responds to Boy Scouts of...
- Davis County honor student arrested in deaths...
- Letters to family show Steven Powell still...
- Live streaming: Frances J. Monson funeral
- Police locate West Point teen called 'person...
- BYU basketball: Agustin Ambrosino leaves BYU...
- Boy Scouts open membership to all boys,...
- Chaffetz not willing to take... 61
- Defending the Faith: A case for the... 46
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 43
- Journalists criticize Obama... 38
- S.L. draws up airport plans 33
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod... 29
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 24
- Associated Press CEO calls records... 23