10 basics every American should know about the debt ceiling debate
How would this affect me? »10 of 10 «
Carlos Osorio, Associated Press
Currently, daily revenue from taxes covers 60 percent of what the government spends and borrowed money takes care of the rest. Once the government is no longer able to borrow, it would have to get the money by raising taxes, cutting services, reducing it’s payroll or a combination of all three.
»10 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Elder Perry to undergo cancer treatment,...
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- LDS Church to create Central Eurasian Mission...
- Ed and Elizabeth Smart make plea for help in...
- Nepal quake: Over 1,000 dead, history razed,...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- Former Romney finance chairman courting a...
- Dave Rose hires May as BYU's director of...
- Poll: LDS Church influence over... 60
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 59
- Josh Romney: I won't run against Sen.... 56
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 42
- Former Romney finance chairman courting... 36
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 20
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 19
- Tickets sell out for 'Book of Mormon'... 16