10 basics every American should know about the debt ceiling debate
How would this affect me? »10 of 10 «
Carlos Osorio, Associated Press
Currently, daily revenue from taxes covers 60 percent of what the government spends and borrowed money takes care of the rest. Once the government is no longer able to borrow, it would have to get the money by raising taxes, cutting services, reducing it’s payroll or a combination of all three.
»10 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Mormons popping up all over TV these days
- Ebola outbreak prompts evacuation of LDS...
- Doug Robinson: Erin Andrews switches teams...
- Peavler: Bronco Mendenhall and BYU embrace...
- Southern Utah infant dies after being left in...
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- Can BYU put together a special season?
- Utah company films aerial video of renovated...
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed... 78
- Republican, Democratic political... 49
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort 44
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding'... 33
- Pro-Palestinian crowd rallies in Salt... 33
- Review board clears Salt Lake police... 30
- Lawsuit claims State School Board... 29
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 26