10 basics every American should know about the debt ceiling debate
How would this affect me? »10 of 10 «
Carlos Osorio, Associated Press
Currently, daily revenue from taxes covers 60 percent of what the government spends and borrowed money takes care of the rest. Once the government is no longer able to borrow, it would have to get the money by raising taxes, cutting services, reducing it’s payroll or a combination of all three.
»10 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Boise State blasts BYU 55-30, Mendenhall...
- 'Overwhelming' community, national support...
- Washington school gunman was homecoming...
- Dick Harmon: Boise State embarrasses a...
- If you want people to find you attractive,...
- High school football: State tournament pairings
- NYC police commissioner: Hatchet attack was...
- 'Meet the Mormons' reaches $4.5 million mark,...
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 127
- Stay lifted on adoptions by same-sex... 86
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support... 45
- 'Meet the Mormons' reaches $4.5 million... 36
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 34
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 20
- Mia Love raising more money than Doug... 20
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 17