10 basics every American should know about the debt ceiling debate
How would this affect me? »10 of 10 «
Carlos Osorio, Associated Press
Currently, daily revenue from taxes covers 60 percent of what the government spends and borrowed money takes care of the rest. Once the government is no longer able to borrow, it would have to get the money by raising taxes, cutting services, reducing it’s payroll or a combination of all three.
»10 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- 5 parenting lessons from movies
- World-renowned rock art in Utah is younger...
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved legal...
- Attorney general deciding whether to... 41
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 39
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Winning plaintiffs in 3 states want... 14
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 10