10 basics every American should know about the debt ceiling debate
How would this affect me? »10 of 10 «
Carlos Osorio, Associated Press
Currently, daily revenue from taxes covers 60 percent of what the government spends and borrowed money takes care of the rest. Once the government is no longer able to borrow, it would have to get the money by raising taxes, cutting services, reducing it’s payroll or a combination of all three.
»10 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Women hired by LDS Church History Department...
- For Star Lotulelei, Super Bowl loss leaves...
- LDS Church opposed to state senator's medical...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to assist...
- Strike up the band for better health
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 54
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 36
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 11