10 basics every American should know about the debt ceiling debate
What is the debt limit? »1 of 10 «
Deseret News photo illustration
On Dec. 31, 2012, the U.S. hit its debt limit. Congress, which controls national spending, sets the limit and can approve more borrowing if needed. That’s why the nation’s credit limit has simply been increased in the past.
»1 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- Supervolcano hidden in plain sight in Utah...
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- Utah husband wins 'Most Memorable Moment'...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing you...
- Judge orders Colo. cake-maker to serve... 125
- Pay increase for Gov. Herbert, other... 66
- Legal analysis supports Utah's law on... 36
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP? 31
- Do Utah high school students need four... 26
- Health care debate about presidential... 24
- Health care signups increase to... 20
- Supervolcano hidden in plain sight in... 19