10 basics every American should know about the debt ceiling debate
What is the debt limit? »1 of 10 «
Deseret News photo illustration
On Dec. 31, 2012, the U.S. hit its debt limit. Congress, which controls national spending, sets the limit and can approve more borrowing if needed. That’s why the nation’s credit limit has simply been increased in the past.
»1 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Dick Harmon: Nike designing a shoe...
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day
- The Book of Mormon is a 'miraculous miracle,'...
- Lessons learned from 1996 season still ring...
- Teen charged as adult with murdering 2 in...
- Utah man building Disneyland out of Legos...
- Who will be BYU's starting quarterback? Hill?...
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him to...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 44
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 43
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 38
- Hal Boyd: Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 32
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Report: States manage public lands for... 23