10 basics every American should know about the debt ceiling debate
What is the debt limit? »1 of 10 «
Deseret News photo illustration
On Dec. 31, 2012, the U.S. hit its debt limit. Congress, which controls national spending, sets the limit and can approve more borrowing if needed. That’s why the nation’s credit limit has simply been increased in the past.
»1 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to...
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's volleyball...
- Security, firefighters detain woman...
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule...
- Erin Stewart: Are your possessions stealing...
- Jerry Earl Johnston: Do you fit the Mormon...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 43
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 33
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 22
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 20
- Conservative group yanks TV ads... 17
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 15
- Mayor responds to pending harassment... 14
- BYU student parlays app idea into a... 12