Inversion index: 7 of the most polluted cities in Utah
»7 items «
Ravell Call, Deseret News
Utah residents suffer from an increased amount of short-term particle pollution during the winter. Decreased temperatures and increased atmospheric pressure cause polluted air and smog to gather near the ground. Three Utah cities rank on the American Lung Association list of top short-term particle polluted cities. Out of 15 cities with dangerous air quality indexes, seven are located in Utah. The Deseret News has compiled a list of the top seven polluted cities in Utah based on the air quality index (AQI) from Tuesday, January 8, 2013. Read more about action days, today's air quality index forecast and understanding and using the air quality index information.
»7 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Hundreds of teens in Southern California go...
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- High school boys track: Davis wins another 5A...
- If hired, Jeff Hornacek will face same...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coach Mike Littlewood...
- Utah State runner Brittany Fisher gaining...
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation of...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 66
- Mitt Romney talks IRS, AP records,... 63
- Mitt Romney to live in Utah — at... 46
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 31
- White House insists Obama was not... 21
- Journalists push back against Obama... 21
- Utah GOP convention agenda includes... 20