Inversion index: 7 of the most polluted cities in Utah
»7 items «
Ravell Call, Deseret News
Utah residents suffer from an increased amount of short-term particle pollution during the winter. Decreased temperatures and increased atmospheric pressure cause polluted air and smog to gather near the ground. Three Utah cities rank on the American Lung Association list of top short-term particle polluted cities. Out of 15 cities with dangerous air quality indexes, seven are located in Utah. The Deseret News has compiled a list of the top seven polluted cities in Utah based on the air quality index (AQI) from Tuesday, January 8, 2013. Read more about action days, today's air quality index forecast and understanding and using the air quality index information.
»7 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- So far, Dante Exum appears to be bigger and...
- Funeral services for President Boyd K. Packer...
- Doug Robinson: When money speaks louder than...
- Photo gallery: Journey headlines 35th Stadium...
- Bakery ordered to pay $135,000 for mental,...
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without parole?
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of...
- Dick Harmon: A more confident Robert Anae...
- Polygamous Montana trio applies for... 134
- LDS Church donates to Utah Pride... 64
- Episcopal Church becomes third... 54
- Religious schools and universities on... 49
- Bakery ordered to pay $135,000 for... 45
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 42
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of... 39
- Dan Liljenquist: Time to relegate the... 27