Inversion index: 7 of the most polluted cities in Utah
»7 items «
Ravell Call, Deseret News
Utah residents suffer from an increased amount of short-term particle pollution during the winter. Decreased temperatures and increased atmospheric pressure cause polluted air and smog to gather near the ground. Three Utah cities rank on the American Lung Association list of top short-term particle polluted cities. Out of 15 cities with dangerous air quality indexes, seven are located in Utah. The Deseret News has compiled a list of the top seven polluted cities in Utah based on the air quality index (AQI) from Tuesday, January 8, 2013. Read more about action days, today's air quality index forecast and understanding and using the air quality index information.
»7 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Lehi toddler killed in accident remembered as...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- New mission presidents
- A river runs dry: Water and the future of...
- President Obama to make first trip to... 70
- BYU student claims he was evicted after... 56
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more... 40
- Sen. Harry Reid's retirement recalls... 39
- Tea party movement still strong,... 23
- Cyclist killed on training run after... 19
- A river runs dry: Water and the future... 14
- Court battle settled over Susan Powell... 11