Inversion index: 7 of the most polluted cities in Utah
»7 items «
Ravell Call, Deseret News
Utah residents suffer from an increased amount of short-term particle pollution during the winter. Decreased temperatures and increased atmospheric pressure cause polluted air and smog to gather near the ground. Three Utah cities rank on the American Lung Association list of top short-term particle polluted cities. Out of 15 cities with dangerous air quality indexes, seven are located in Utah. The Deseret News has compiled a list of the top seven polluted cities in Utah based on the air quality index (AQI) from Tuesday, January 8, 2013. Read more about action days, today's air quality index forecast and understanding and using the air quality index information.
»7 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- In our opinion: Confronted by power, Christ...
- 'Because of Him': LDS video on Christ...
- Utah Jazz: Plan's playing out, but plenty of...
- Two bodies discovered near Provo's Squaw Peak
- New mission presidents
- Tabernacle Choir performs Handel's 'Messiah'...
- No stranger to struggle: Cottonwood's Cooper...
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental shooting...
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 90
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 79
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 28
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed;... 24
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 24
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental... 18
- Salt Lake City's inversion problem... 13