Inversion index: 7 of the most polluted cities in Utah
»7 items «
Ravell Call, Deseret News
Utah residents suffer from an increased amount of short-term particle pollution during the winter. Decreased temperatures and increased atmospheric pressure cause polluted air and smog to gather near the ground. Three Utah cities rank on the American Lung Association list of top short-term particle polluted cities. Out of 15 cities with dangerous air quality indexes, seven are located in Utah. The Deseret News has compiled a list of the top seven polluted cities in Utah based on the air quality index (AQI) from Tuesday, January 8, 2013. Read more about action days, today's air quality index forecast and understanding and using the air quality index information.
»7 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- LDS First Presidency calls 8 new MTC presidents
- In our opinion: Mounting evidence suggests...
- Morning links: Examining Utah's bowl...
- Jeb Bush used 'shock and awe' campaign to...
- Ex-EFY counselor sent to prison for sex with...
- BYU reaches 9-win plateau, hoping for bowl...
- Utah Jazz excited for a crack at undefeated...
- Biskupski calls for resignations of nearly...
- Men and women: Understanding the wage... 34
- Olene Walker, "one of Utah's finest... 15
- Man steals woman's boarding pass,... 13
- The new Thanksgiving tradition: A quick... 11
- MTC missionaries spend Thanksgiving... 11
- Utah liquor consumption is up, but... 8
- Recruiting crisis? UHP, other agencies... 7
- Tanker crash sends oil into Provo River... 6