Inversion index: 7 of the most polluted cities in Utah
»7 items «
Ravell Call, Deseret News
Utah residents suffer from an increased amount of short-term particle pollution during the winter. Decreased temperatures and increased atmospheric pressure cause polluted air and smog to gather near the ground. Three Utah cities rank on the American Lung Association list of top short-term particle polluted cities. Out of 15 cities with dangerous air quality indexes, seven are located in Utah. The Deseret News has compiled a list of the top seven polluted cities in Utah based on the air quality index (AQI) from Tuesday, January 8, 2013. Read more about action days, today's air quality index forecast and understanding and using the air quality index information.
»7 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU past...
- How would LDS be affected by renewed US-Cuba...
- Dispatchers answer man's repeated 911 calls...
- Canada man finds an Elizabeth Gallagher for...
- LDS Church to create new missions in Utah and...
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- Prison relocation sites down to four as... 50
- Majority of Utahns oppose moving state... 50
- Obama signature all that's left in... 39
- End gun violence, say faith leaders on... 32
- Popular Utah County water recreation... 21
- Utahns favor Count My Vote and SB54,... 15
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 15
- The water question: The staggering... 14