Inversion index: 7 of the most polluted cities in Utah
»7 items «
Ravell Call, Deseret News
Utah residents suffer from an increased amount of short-term particle pollution during the winter. Decreased temperatures and increased atmospheric pressure cause polluted air and smog to gather near the ground. Three Utah cities rank on the American Lung Association list of top short-term particle polluted cities. Out of 15 cities with dangerous air quality indexes, seven are located in Utah. The Deseret News has compiled a list of the top seven polluted cities in Utah based on the air quality index (AQI) from Tuesday, January 8, 2013. Read more about action days, today's air quality index forecast and understanding and using the air quality index information.
»7 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- To serve or not to serve: BYU star athletes...
- New Jersey lawsuit seeks to ban Pledge of...
- Speculation begins about who the next Utah...
- Brad Rock: Jazz coaching hire — this...
- Wright Words: What do you tell a prospective...
- Gang member shot, killed after lunging at...
- Utah among states with greatest urban sprawl
- Vegas’ water drying up
- Utah's new adaptive testing system... 58
- Utah among states with greatest urban... 44
- Gang member shot, killed after lunging... 26
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental... 25
- Doug Robinson: Horrific crimes show the... 23
- U. student government passes resolution... 23
- GOP resolution calls for partisan... 19
- Salt Lake City's inversion problem... 17