Inversion index: 7 of the most polluted cities in Utah
»7 items «
Ravell Call, Deseret News
Utah residents suffer from an increased amount of short-term particle pollution during the winter. Decreased temperatures and increased atmospheric pressure cause polluted air and smog to gather near the ground. Three Utah cities rank on the American Lung Association list of top short-term particle polluted cities. Out of 15 cities with dangerous air quality indexes, seven are located in Utah. The Deseret News has compiled a list of the top seven polluted cities in Utah based on the air quality index (AQI) from Tuesday, January 8, 2013. Read more about action days, today's air quality index forecast and understanding and using the air quality index information.
»7 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Morning links: BYU signee shot in arm;...
- Logan couple killed, baby survives in auto...
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without parole?
- BYU conference explores what's next for...
- Jazz fan favorite Jeremy Evans' era in Utah...
- Utah Jazz: Brazilian point guard Raul Neto...
- Top in-state basketball prospects receiving...
- Tabernacle Choir opens New York Yankees game...
- Bakery ordered to pay $135,000 for... 76
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without... 52
- BYU conference explores what's next for... 50
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of... 41
- Idaho's gay marriage ban remains in... 38
- Former Provo High teacher pleads guilty... 27
- Did the news media show bias in its... 24
- Obama's counterterrorism policy facing... 22