BYU's best offensive performances under Robert Anae
2009 Las Vegas Bowl vs. No. 20 Oregon State. »9 of 10 «
Final Score: 44-20
Editor's note: This was Max Hall's final game as a BYU Cougar, and it was also one of his best. This game stands apart not just because of the margin, but also because of the wind. During this game, 40+ mph winds whipped in and around Sam Boyd stadium and really hurt the Beavers.
As BYU senior quarterback Max Hall was writing the final chapter of his career Tuesday at the Las Vegas Bowl — a 44-20 triumph over No. 16 Oregon State that capped another 11-2 campaign — fans and observers were left to wonder about his place in Cougar football history.
In his three years as a starter, Hall won more games (32) than any other Cougar QB. He's only the second quarterback, along with Jim McMahon, to lead BYU to two bowl victories.
Yet some may point out that he won just one Mountain West Conference championship and failed to lead the Cougars to a Bowl Championship Series berth.
Read more about BYU's victory over Oregon State in the 2009 Las Vegas Bowl.
Up next: Heaps shows a glimpse of his unfulfilled potential.
»9 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- LDS couple with triplets expecting twins:...
- Search warrants: Poisoning suspected in...
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Royals Pitcher Jeremy Guthrie expresses...
- Video: Improbable final play lifts Maple...
- Officers say they shot Darrien Hunt out of...
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury
- Marriage isn’t about romance