BYU's best offensive performances under Robert Anae
2009 vs. No. 3 Oklahoma at Cowboys Stadium »7 of 10 «
Final Score: 14-13
Editor's note: This was easily the biggest win of Anae's BYU career, despite a low point total. Max Hall's assertion that BYU would win as he ran into the halftime locker room proved to be prophetic.
Five minutes before game time Saturday night, backup fullback Bryan Kariya was informed that starting fullback Harvey Unga would not play against Oklahoma because of lingering soreness in his left hamstring.
And once Kariya got the call Saturday night at Dallas Cowboys Stadium, the sophomore from Davis High School filled in quite nicely. In BYU's 14-13 upset, he finished the game leading the Cougars with 118 all-purpose yards. He carried the ball 17 times as the main workhorse out of the backfield for 52 yards — with a long run of 15 yards — and caught four passes for another 76 yards.
"The guy is a warrior, man," BYU quarterback Max Hall said of Unga's fill-in. "He just had a break-through night for us.".
Read more on BYU's victory against No. 3 Oklahoma.
Up Next: The most recent victory against BYU's biggest rival
»7 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Elders Rasband, Stevenson, Renlund sustained...
- Precedents — and exceptions...
- 185th Semiannual General Conference talk...
- College football: Utes climb to No. 5 in...
- President Russell M. Nelson: 'A Plea to My...
- Photos: LDS general conference Sunday morning...
- Reasons for Travis Wilson's confidence:...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- With difficult September schedule over,... 55
- College football: Utes climb to No. 5... 42
- Dick Harmon: After week of soul... 40
- ESPN's College GameDay is coming to... 29
- Former BYU quarterback John Beck says... 23
- BYU overcomes mistakes, downs UConn,... 22
- New Utah basketball facility has high... 21
- Morning links: Kyle Whittingham 'doing... 20