BYU's best offensive performances under Robert Anae
2009 vs. No. 3 Oklahoma at Cowboys Stadium »7 of 10 «
Final Score: 14-13
Editor's note: This was easily the biggest win of Anae's BYU career, despite a low point total. Max Hall's assertion that BYU would win as he ran into the halftime locker room proved to be prophetic.
Five minutes before game time Saturday night, backup fullback Bryan Kariya was informed that starting fullback Harvey Unga would not play against Oklahoma because of lingering soreness in his left hamstring.
And once Kariya got the call Saturday night at Dallas Cowboys Stadium, the sophomore from Davis High School filled in quite nicely. In BYU's 14-13 upset, he finished the game leading the Cougars with 118 all-purpose yards. He carried the ball 17 times as the main workhorse out of the backfield for 52 yards — with a long run of 15 yards — and caught four passes for another 76 yards.
"The guy is a warrior, man," BYU quarterback Max Hall said of Unga's fill-in. "He just had a break-through night for us.".
Read more on BYU's victory against No. 3 Oklahoma.
Up Next: The most recent victory against BYU's biggest rival
»7 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- 5 parenting lessons from movies
- World-renowned rock art in Utah is younger...
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved legal...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 65
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 58
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 56
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Dick Harmon: It's Taysom Hill time on... 28