BYU's best offensive performances under Robert Anae
2009 vs. No. 3 Oklahoma at Cowboys Stadium »7 of 10 «
Final Score: 14-13
Editor's note: This was easily the biggest win of Anae's BYU career, despite a low point total. Max Hall's assertion that BYU would win as he ran into the halftime locker room proved to be prophetic.
Five minutes before game time Saturday night, backup fullback Bryan Kariya was informed that starting fullback Harvey Unga would not play against Oklahoma because of lingering soreness in his left hamstring.
And once Kariya got the call Saturday night at Dallas Cowboys Stadium, the sophomore from Davis High School filled in quite nicely. In BYU's 14-13 upset, he finished the game leading the Cougars with 118 all-purpose yards. He carried the ball 17 times as the main workhorse out of the backfield for 52 yards — with a long run of 15 yards — and caught four passes for another 76 yards.
"The guy is a warrior, man," BYU quarterback Max Hall said of Unga's fill-in. "He just had a break-through night for us.".
Read more on BYU's victory against No. 3 Oklahoma.
Up Next: The most recent victory against BYU's biggest rival
»7 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- Elder Perry to undergo cancer treatment,...
- Nepal quake: Nearly 1,400 dead, history...
- New mission presidents
- LDS Church to create Central Eurasian Mission...
- Ed and Elizabeth Smart make plea for help in...
- Former wrestlers charged, assistant coach...
- Dave Rose hires May as BYU's director of...
- Brad Rock: BYU's window is closing; big... 87
- Ultimate football road trips:... 47
- Brighton wide receiver Simi Fehoko... 42
- Morning links: Duke in pursuit of Lone... 38
- Morning links: BYU close to a new... 34
- Morning links: ESPN calls Utah a dark... 34
- BYU edges Utah, 7-6, with eighth-inning... 32
- BYU's basketball roster undergoing... 29