BYU's best offensive performances under Robert Anae
2009 vs. No. 3 Oklahoma at Cowboys Stadium »7 of 10 «
Final Score: 14-13
Editor's note: This was easily the biggest win of Anae's BYU career, despite a low point total. Max Hall's assertion that BYU would win as he ran into the halftime locker room proved to be prophetic.
Five minutes before game time Saturday night, backup fullback Bryan Kariya was informed that starting fullback Harvey Unga would not play against Oklahoma because of lingering soreness in his left hamstring.
And once Kariya got the call Saturday night at Dallas Cowboys Stadium, the sophomore from Davis High School filled in quite nicely. In BYU's 14-13 upset, he finished the game leading the Cougars with 118 all-purpose yards. He carried the ball 17 times as the main workhorse out of the backfield for 52 yards — with a long run of 15 yards — and caught four passes for another 76 yards.
"The guy is a warrior, man," BYU quarterback Max Hall said of Unga's fill-in. "He just had a break-through night for us.".
Read more on BYU's victory against No. 3 Oklahoma.
Up Next: The most recent victory against BYU's biggest rival
»7 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Changing fields: Returned missionary college...
- 'Meet the Mormons' reaches $4.5 million mark,...
- Sheri Dew and Noelle Pikus-Pace arm wrestle...
- Chase Fischer ready to make 3s, provide...
- Who's in? Breaking down the high school...
- Several national parks vandalized, including...
- National Guard, DPS weigh possible...
- Updated newborn screening test picks up rare...
- Dick Harmon: Utes climb on big stage;... 70
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 52
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 33
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 27
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some... 26
- Amy Donaldson: Not deciding on a... 24
- Utes picked to finish 2nd in Pac-12... 23