BYU's best offensive performances under Robert Anae
2006 Las Vegas Bowl vs. Oregon »3 of 10 «
Final Score: 38-8
Editor's note: It's difficult to say what caused more joy to Cougar nation: Beating a PAC-10 foe, or watching then-coach Mike Bellotti eat crow.
Asked in the days leading up to Thursday's Las Vegas Bowl to compare the BYU football team to his Pac-10 Conference peers, Oregon head coach Mike Bellotti opined that BYU was a far cry from the Pac-10 elite.
By the time Thursday's postgame media session rolled around, the comparison — after BYU's 38-8 rout of the Ducks — again came front and center, with Bellotti asked if he thought the Mountain West Conference champion Cougars might now qualify in his mind as a mid-level Pac-10 team.
"We didn't play like a mid-level Pac-10 team, but no, my opinion of them hasn't changed."
Read more about the 2006 Las Vegas Bowl.
Up next: Before there was "The Inferno," there was a snowy encounter with a Washingtonian Eagle.
»3 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- James Dobson joins evangelicals for Trump
- Utah man credits God for survival of 4...
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts addiction by...
- Everything we think we know about sex...
- 13,740 acres burned in Antelope Island fire
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: I know what it's...
- In our opinion: The GOP convention — a...