BYU's best offensive performances under Robert Anae
2006 Las Vegas Bowl vs. Oregon »3 of 10 «
Final Score: 38-8
Editor's note: It's difficult to say what caused more joy to Cougar nation: Beating a PAC-10 foe, or watching then-coach Mike Bellotti eat crow.
Asked in the days leading up to Thursday's Las Vegas Bowl to compare the BYU football team to his Pac-10 Conference peers, Oregon head coach Mike Bellotti opined that BYU was a far cry from the Pac-10 elite.
By the time Thursday's postgame media session rolled around, the comparison — after BYU's 38-8 rout of the Ducks — again came front and center, with Bellotti asked if he thought the Mountain West Conference champion Cougars might now qualify in his mind as a mid-level Pac-10 team.
"We didn't play like a mid-level Pac-10 team, but no, my opinion of them hasn't changed."
Read more about the 2006 Las Vegas Bowl.
Up next: Before there was "The Inferno," there was a snowy encounter with a Washingtonian Eagle.
»3 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Photo gallery: Tornado rips Oklahoma suburb
- 'Tattooed Mormon' Al Fox shares her...
- Fire chief says search almost complete in...
- Wright Words: Oklahoma tornado provides...
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over, West...
- BYU football: Fan-developed software gives...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- Public invited to funeral services for Sister...
- Utes football recruiting: Polynesian... 130
- USA Rugby: 'What BYU won ... was a... 78
- High school baseball: 5A, 4A state... 53
- Brad Rock: USU athletics can go home again 22
- Bodyguards allegedly beat up 2 fans who... 18
- Dick Harmon: BYU coach Mike Littlewood... 13
- Utah State football: New coach Matt... 11
- If hired, Jeff Hornacek will face same... 10