BYU's best offensive performances under Robert Anae
2006 Las Vegas Bowl vs. Oregon »3 of 10 «
Final Score: 38-8
Editor's note: It's difficult to say what caused more joy to Cougar nation: Beating a PAC-10 foe, or watching then-coach Mike Bellotti eat crow.
Asked in the days leading up to Thursday's Las Vegas Bowl to compare the BYU football team to his Pac-10 Conference peers, Oregon head coach Mike Bellotti opined that BYU was a far cry from the Pac-10 elite.
By the time Thursday's postgame media session rolled around, the comparison — after BYU's 38-8 rout of the Ducks — again came front and center, with Bellotti asked if he thought the Mountain West Conference champion Cougars might now qualify in his mind as a mid-level Pac-10 team.
"We didn't play like a mid-level Pac-10 team, but no, my opinion of them hasn't changed."
Read more about the 2006 Las Vegas Bowl.
Up next: Before there was "The Inferno," there was a snowy encounter with a Washingtonian Eagle.
»3 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- 'Duck Dynasty' daughter sticks to Christian...
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks apart
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Researchers: Patients have only themselves to...
- LDS Church releases video, topic page...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26