BYU's best offensive performances under Robert Anae
2010 New Mexico Bowl vs. UTEP »10 of 10 «
Final Score: 52-24
Editor's note: It's difficult to say if Jake Heaps or Cody Hoffman was more impressive in this game. Then again, Hoffman has a way of making his QB look very good indeed.
BYU wide receiver Cody Hoffman capped his freshman season in style Saturday, catching eight passes for 137 yards and three touchdowns — all career highs — Saturday in the Cougars' 52-24 drubbing of UTEP in the New Mexico Bowl.
Hoffman set bowl records for most yardage and most TD receptions and he tied the record for most receptions. He snagged a 29-yard touchdown pass in the corner of the end zone in the first half and later he hauled in an acrobatic 31-yard catch by leaping over a Miner defender. His three-yard TD catch in the second quarter gave BYU a 31-3 lead.
"Cody's a great player. He's got so much potential. I'm just really proud of him today," said quarterback Jake Heaps. "I saw it in his eyes that he was ready to go today. I expect that from him in every single game."
Read more on the 2010 New Mexico Bowl.
Related: BYU re-hires Robert Anae as offensive coordinator
»10 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- LDS First Presidency calls 8 new MTC presidents
- Biskupski calls for resignations of nearly...
- In our opinion: Mounting evidence suggests...
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Tanner Mangum is...
- Ex-EFY counselor sent to prison for sex with...
- For now, odds are '50-50' that BYU ends up in...
- Morning links: Examining Utah's bowl...
- Jeb Bush used 'shock and awe' campaign to...
- Utes outlast Colorado to cap best... 110
- College Football: Utah moves back into... 71
- Morning links: Examining Utah's bowl... 67
- BYU's big plays, big second half, spell... 47
- For now, odds are '50-50' that BYU ends... 45
- Dick Harmon: After tossing 4 TDs, BYU's... 39
- BYU basketball: Collinsworth sets NCAA... 37
- Brad Rock: Utes need bowl win to avoid... 36