BYU's best offensive performances under Robert Anae
2010 New Mexico Bowl vs. UTEP »10 of 10 «
Final Score: 52-24
Editor's note: It's difficult to say if Jake Heaps or Cody Hoffman was more impressive in this game. Then again, Hoffman has a way of making his QB look very good indeed.
BYU wide receiver Cody Hoffman capped his freshman season in style Saturday, catching eight passes for 137 yards and three touchdowns — all career highs — Saturday in the Cougars' 52-24 drubbing of UTEP in the New Mexico Bowl.
Hoffman set bowl records for most yardage and most TD receptions and he tied the record for most receptions. He snagged a 29-yard touchdown pass in the corner of the end zone in the first half and later he hauled in an acrobatic 31-yard catch by leaping over a Miner defender. His three-yard TD catch in the second quarter gave BYU a 31-3 lead.
"Cody's a great player. He's got so much potential. I'm just really proud of him today," said quarterback Jake Heaps. "I saw it in his eyes that he was ready to go today. I expect that from him in every single game."
Read more on the 2010 New Mexico Bowl.
Related: BYU re-hires Robert Anae as offensive coordinator
»10 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- A year later, a look at the Utah decision on...
- Jennifer Hamson to lace it up for BYU one...
- LDS Church to create new missions in Utah and...
- Injured Tyler Haws could play when BYU hosts...
- Penn State sweeps BYU for a record seventh...
- Anti-police protests tie up traffic on...
- 'Unbroken' faith: The religious journey of...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 61
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 40
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Ready or not, Vegas: Here come the Utes 24