BYU's best offensive performances under Robert Anae
Robert Anae presided over the BYU offense during a historic time in Cougar football history, mentoring Max Hall, a quarterback with more wins than any other, and Harvey Unga, a phenomenal power running back.
After a two-year stint at the University of Arizona, Anae was rehired to the BYU offensive coordinator position, supplanting former BYU quarterback Brandon Doman at the helm.
The move was met with mixed reaction by the media and the fans, and Cougar nation sounded off on Twitter with thoughts and opinons. Those who advocated Anae's return generally commented on his success coaching Max Hall, Harvey Unga and the offensive line. Those who complained about Anae's return generally complained about the predictability of his play calling.
Anae's return gives us the opportunity to take a look back at the biggest successes of his previous tenure as BYU's offensive coordinator, both in terms of defeating notable opponents and in terms of impressive offensive production.
Among Anae's most remarkable offensive games are four wins against ranked teams, three wins against what was then the PAC-10, and one win against arch-rival Utah.
Also on the list are two wins against FCS teams and a game that demonstrated the potential of former BYU quarterback Jake Heaps.
- LDS First Presidency announces area...
- Mormon mom battling breast cancer during...
- Free agent roundup: Where locals signed after...
- Morning links: Nebraska coach praises BYU...
- New mission presidents
- Doug Robinson: The era (and myth) of the...
- Dick Harmon: LaVell Edwards chimes in on NFL...
- Women innovators leading by example
- Brad Rock: Utah-BYU rivalry will... 166
- BYU announces 2015 football schedule,... 89
- Morning links: Nebraska coach praises... 59
- Free agent roundup: Where locals signed... 49
- Dick Harmon: BYU's 2015 September... 45
- Linehan's leg helps propel BYU past Cal... 42
- BYU hires Lone Peak's Quincy Lewis as... 40
- Doug Robinson: The era (and myth) of... 34