A quick look at Pac-12 men's basketball, from top to bottom
Considering how only one team has a losing record in nonconference play, the Pac-12 is certainly living up to the expectations of Arizona coach Sean Miller. He predicted parity and success at the league’s media day before the season began.
"I think we have great balance," said Miller, who noted the importance of Pac-12 teams winning games in November and December. "The most success that we can have as a conference, only helps each other. And now's the best time to do it with the added exposure that (Pac-12 commissioner) Larry Scott has brought us. I think timing is really impeccable."
Tabbed as a narrow favorite in the Pac-12's preseason media poll, Arizona has certainly lived up to expectations. The Wildcats were a perfect 12-0 in nonconference play.
Miller, however, entered the campaign unwilling to talk about just one team in the league.
"I think there's five or six different teams that can do a great job," he said.
Pac-12 play tips off this week with five teams (Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado, Oregon and UCLA) already sporting 10 or more victories. Oregon State, Stanford and Washington State each have nine. California, Utah and Washington prevailed eight times outside conference play.
USC (5-8) is the only team in the league with a losing record as the quest for seeding at the Pac-12 Tournament (March 13-16) in Las Vegas begins.
- Hundreds of teens in Southern California go...
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- High school boys track: Davis wins another 5A...
- If hired, Jeff Hornacek will face same...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coach Mike Littlewood...
- Utah State runner Brittany Fisher gaining...
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation of...
- USA Rugby: 'What BYU won ... was a... 76
- Mormon NFL safety Eric Weddle:... 67
- Ryan Teeples: Ziggy Ansah's story... 65
- Utes football recruiting: Polynesian... 63
- High school baseball: 5A, 4A state... 50
- Utah Utes football: Dr. Chris Hill... 34
- High school football: Riley Nelson... 29
- Brad Rock: USU athletics can go home again 20