A quick look at Pac-12 men's basketball, from top to bottom
Considering how only one team has a losing record in nonconference play, the Pac-12 is certainly living up to the expectations of Arizona coach Sean Miller. He predicted parity and success at the league’s media day before the season began.
"I think we have great balance," said Miller, who noted the importance of Pac-12 teams winning games in November and December. "The most success that we can have as a conference, only helps each other. And now's the best time to do it with the added exposure that (Pac-12 commissioner) Larry Scott has brought us. I think timing is really impeccable."
Tabbed as a narrow favorite in the Pac-12's preseason media poll, Arizona has certainly lived up to expectations. The Wildcats were a perfect 12-0 in nonconference play.
Miller, however, entered the campaign unwilling to talk about just one team in the league.
"I think there's five or six different teams that can do a great job," he said.
Pac-12 play tips off this week with five teams (Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado, Oregon and UCLA) already sporting 10 or more victories. Oregon State, Stanford and Washington State each have nine. California, Utah and Washington prevailed eight times outside conference play.
USC (5-8) is the only team in the league with a losing record as the quest for seeding at the Pac-12 Tournament (March 13-16) in Las Vegas begins.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest?
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is an...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Rock On: Utah has LeBron Syndrome
- LDS Church to break ground next month for...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 219
- Report: Former BYU guard Jimmer... 73
- BYU freshman linebacker reportedly... 73
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is... 70
- Peavler: Arizona vice president of... 52
- ACC media days has some interesting... 42
- Watch list roundup: 22 local players... 27
- Off on the right foot: BYU Cougars... 22