A quick look at Pac-12 men's basketball, from top to bottom
Considering how only one team has a losing record in nonconference play, the Pac-12 is certainly living up to the expectations of Arizona coach Sean Miller. He predicted parity and success at the league’s media day before the season began.
"I think we have great balance," said Miller, who noted the importance of Pac-12 teams winning games in November and December. "The most success that we can have as a conference, only helps each other. And now's the best time to do it with the added exposure that (Pac-12 commissioner) Larry Scott has brought us. I think timing is really impeccable."
Tabbed as a narrow favorite in the Pac-12's preseason media poll, Arizona has certainly lived up to expectations. The Wildcats were a perfect 12-0 in nonconference play.
Miller, however, entered the campaign unwilling to talk about just one team in the league.
"I think there's five or six different teams that can do a great job," he said.
Pac-12 play tips off this week with five teams (Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado, Oregon and UCLA) already sporting 10 or more victories. Oregon State, Stanford and Washington State each have nine. California, Utah and Washington prevailed eight times outside conference play.
USC (5-8) is the only team in the league with a losing record as the quest for seeding at the Pac-12 Tournament (March 13-16) in Las Vegas begins.
- Lehi toddler killed in accident remembered as...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- New mission presidents
- New temple president
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 29
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 19