Grim tally: The faces of Utahns who died at the hands of others in 2012
James Mitchell »47 of 47 «
HELPER, Carbon County, Dec. 23 — James Mitchell, 31, was shot and killed after police say Jeromie Bunch, 30, of Helper, walked from his residence to the home of his estranged wife a few blocks away at 118 Bryner St. Once there, investigators said he confronted Mitchell on the back porch and shot him with a handgun. Bunch then fled into a garage on the property and killed himself. Five children were in the home at the time — Mitchell's three young daughters and the Bunches' two sons. Bunch's wife protected them by gathering them into a room to keep them safe, police said.
»47 of 47 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working to be...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention...
- Recruiting central: Top 25 prep football...
- Mendenhall comfortable with BYU's quarterback...
- Georgia girl struck by plane on Florida beach...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 25
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 24
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 20
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 17
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 12
- Mitt Romney talks pioneers, family... 11