Grim tally: The faces of Utahns who died at the hands of others in 2012
James Mitchell »47 of 47 «
HELPER, Carbon County, Dec. 23 — James Mitchell, 31, was shot and killed after police say Jeromie Bunch, 30, of Helper, walked from his residence to the home of his estranged wife a few blocks away at 118 Bryner St. Once there, investigators said he confronted Mitchell on the back porch and shot him with a handgun. Bunch then fled into a garage on the property and killed himself. Five children were in the home at the time — Mitchell's three young daughters and the Bunches' two sons. Bunch's wife protected them by gathering them into a room to keep them safe, police said.
»47 of 47 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- LDS Church confirms women's meeting now part...
- LDS couple with triplets expecting twins:...
- Days before deadline, brain cancer victim may...
- Peavler: Is Bronco Mendenhall the Steve...
- Strack family: Search warrants begin 'to...
- Live streams: 1A volleyball tournament...
- Prison relocation process slows down
- Felt's Facts, playoff edition: Newcomers,...
- Pope Francis: ‘Evolution ... 63
- Doug Owens ahead of Mia Love in new poll 59
- Most Utah students aren't proficient in... 54
- New poll shows Love, Owens race... 46
- Southern Baptists tell pastors: hold... 42
- State autopsy: Police shot Darrien Hunt... 34
- Pastor who performed gay marriage keeps... 30
- Officers say they shot Darrien Hunt out... 30