Grim tally: The faces of Utahns who died at the hands of others in 2012
James Mitchell »47 of 47 «
HELPER, Carbon County, Dec. 23 — James Mitchell, 31, was shot and killed after police say Jeromie Bunch, 30, of Helper, walked from his residence to the home of his estranged wife a few blocks away at 118 Bryner St. Once there, investigators said he confronted Mitchell on the back porch and shot him with a handgun. Bunch then fled into a garage on the property and killed himself. Five children were in the home at the time — Mitchell's three young daughters and the Bunches' two sons. Bunch's wife protected them by gathering them into a room to keep them safe, police said.
»47 of 47 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- Wright Words: Idaho woman learns to...
- Lehi airman pulls off 'Operation Surprise'...
- BYU football: Practice fights elicit smiles...
- Tournament central: 5A boys quarterfinals...
- Dad tires of hearing hit 'Frozen' song,...
- High school boys basketball: Lone Peak...
- Some LDS missionaries coming home from...
- National, local businesses file briefs... 52
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 49
- Family of BYU student hit by car say... 38
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 31
- Attempt to raise minimum wage in Utah... 29
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in Sweden... 23
- Birth father rights the focus of two... 22
- 'Win-win solution' keeps Utah caucus... 20