Grim tally: The faces of Utahns who died at the hands of others in 2012
James Mitchell »47 of 47 «
HELPER, Carbon County, Dec. 23 — James Mitchell, 31, was shot and killed after police say Jeromie Bunch, 30, of Helper, walked from his residence to the home of his estranged wife a few blocks away at 118 Bryner St. Once there, investigators said he confronted Mitchell on the back porch and shot him with a handgun. Bunch then fled into a garage on the property and killed himself. Five children were in the home at the time — Mitchell's three young daughters and the Bunches' two sons. Bunch's wife protected them by gathering them into a room to keep them safe, police said.
»47 of 47 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Biskupski calls for resignations of nearly...
- For now, odds are '50-50' that BYU ends up in...
- LDS First Presidency calls 8 new MTC presidents
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Tanner Mangum is...
- Tebow’s recent breakup creates divide...
- Jimmer Fredette has BYU-esque performance in...
- Ex-EFY counselor sent to prison for sex with...
- In our opinion: Mounting evidence suggests...
- Biskupski calls for resignations of... 77
- College Football: Utah moves back into... 71
- Jeb Bush used 'shock and awe' campaign... 51
- 'No more baby parts': Reclusive... 50
- Police: 3 killed, 9 wounded in attack... 35
- World leaders gather to try to save... 35
- Men and women: Understanding the wage... 35
- Obama: Climate pact an 'act of... 33