Grim tally: The faces of Utahns who died at the hands of others in 2012
James Mitchell »47 of 47 «
HELPER, Carbon County, Dec. 23 — James Mitchell, 31, was shot and killed after police say Jeromie Bunch, 30, of Helper, walked from his residence to the home of his estranged wife a few blocks away at 118 Bryner St. Once there, investigators said he confronted Mitchell on the back porch and shot him with a handgun. Bunch then fled into a garage on the property and killed himself. Five children were in the home at the time — Mitchell's three young daughters and the Bunches' two sons. Bunch's wife protected them by gathering them into a room to keep them safe, police said.
»47 of 47 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- LDS Church clarifies position on...
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- LDS Church to create new missions in Utah and...
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested for...
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Why the working-class...
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- A year later, a look at the Utah... 91
- Majority of Utahns oppose moving state... 54
- Obama: US re-establishing diplomatic... 49
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 36
- Vermont governor abandons single-payer... 33
- Anti-police protests tie up traffic on... 32
- Forget Santa Claus, Virginia. Was there... 17
- What does a letter grade mean for my... 17