Grim tally: The faces of Utahns who died at the hands of others in 2012
James Mitchell »47 of 47 «
HELPER, Carbon County, Dec. 23 — James Mitchell, 31, was shot and killed after police say Jeromie Bunch, 30, of Helper, walked from his residence to the home of his estranged wife a few blocks away at 118 Bryner St. Once there, investigators said he confronted Mitchell on the back porch and shot him with a handgun. Bunch then fled into a garage on the property and killed himself. Five children were in the home at the time — Mitchell's three young daughters and the Bunches' two sons. Bunch's wife protected them by gathering them into a room to keep them safe, police said.
»47 of 47 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Prison inmates start hunger strike, demand...
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The Book...
- Teens arrested, rancher cleared after...
- Payson woman found dead in duffel bag near...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical is an...
- Modest swimwear makes a splash in women's retail
- 13 baby names that are making a comeback
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 143
- Most Utahns oppose Supreme Court ruling... 68
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt... 47
- Lee takes on new strategy in fight... 46
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay... 35
- Salt Lake protesters take their message... 18
- Gov. Herbert tours state prison to... 16
- Prison inmates start hunger strike,... 15