Grim tally: The faces of Utahns who died at the hands of others in 2012
James Mitchell »47 of 47 «
HELPER, Carbon County, Dec. 23 — James Mitchell, 31, was shot and killed after police say Jeromie Bunch, 30, of Helper, walked from his residence to the home of his estranged wife a few blocks away at 118 Bryner St. Once there, investigators said he confronted Mitchell on the back porch and shot him with a handgun. Bunch then fled into a garage on the property and killed himself. Five children were in the home at the time — Mitchell's three young daughters and the Bunches' two sons. Bunch's wife protected them by gathering them into a room to keep them safe, police said.
»47 of 47 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- LDS Church leaders release letter about...
- Christian Stewart writes final chapter on...
- Argument, break-up threats preceded double...
- Morning links: Fox Sports discusses why OU...
- Dick Harmon: Sonny Detmer's bloodline about...
- First Presidency sends letter with counsel...
- Brooke Romney: Why we are taking the fun out...
- What the LDS Church said about the Supreme...
- Utahns have mixed reactions to Supreme... 58
- Experts: Decision raises religious... 52
- Episcopal bishops seek end to 'unholy... 40
- Utah's same-sex marriage supporters... 30
- Support for law requiring sales tax for... 25
- Neil Flinders: Keeping track of school... 15
- Educators, parents see four-year high... 13
- U.S. Supreme Court overturns EPA's... 12