Grim tally: The faces of Utahns who died at the hands of others in 2012
James Mitchell »47 of 47 «
HELPER, Carbon County, Dec. 23 — James Mitchell, 31, was shot and killed after police say Jeromie Bunch, 30, of Helper, walked from his residence to the home of his estranged wife a few blocks away at 118 Bryner St. Once there, investigators said he confronted Mitchell on the back porch and shot him with a handgun. Bunch then fled into a garage on the property and killed himself. Five children were in the home at the time — Mitchell's three young daughters and the Bunches' two sons. Bunch's wife protected them by gathering them into a room to keep them safe, police said.
»47 of 47 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- 12-year-old girl dies in accidental shooting...
- New friends plan to work together to defend...
- BYU looking to make a big splash at Maui...
- Local flavor in the NBA: Lillard continues to...
- Utes drop out of national rankings following...
- LDS Church releases renderings of final Provo...
- 'Say Thanks': Facebook launches new feature...
- 'It can happen to anyone': Utah universities...
- President Obama's immigration reforms... 65
- Utah members of Congress slam Obama's... 56
- Executive action brings 'temporary... 50
- Utah business leaders say Congress must... 47
- Pastors opposed to same-sex marriage... 39
- Groups petition for gun bans from... 30
- 12-year-old girl dies in accidental... 19
- Fact check: Obama's claims on illegal... 18