Grim tally: The faces of Utahns who died at the hands of others in 2012
James Mitchell »47 of 47 «
HELPER, Carbon County, Dec. 23 — James Mitchell, 31, was shot and killed after police say Jeromie Bunch, 30, of Helper, walked from his residence to the home of his estranged wife a few blocks away at 118 Bryner St. Once there, investigators said he confronted Mitchell on the back porch and shot him with a handgun. Bunch then fled into a garage on the property and killed himself. Five children were in the home at the time — Mitchell's three young daughters and the Bunches' two sons. Bunch's wife protected them by gathering them into a room to keep them safe, police said.
»47 of 47 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- LDS Church announces feature-length...
- LDS Church announces new seminary graduation...
- SUU coach Ed Lamb not a Mormon, but serves...
- How your premarital experiences can affect...
- Hawaii AD: 'There is a very real possibility...
- Bomb threat pushes back first day of school...
- A solution to paying that medical bill you...
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 47
- Vernal man claims police arrested him... 37
- Utah police agencies address... 32
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 23
- Texas Gov. Perry says indictment is... 22
- 'Don't know' if Missouri teen shot with... 22
- End of an era: Huntsville bookshop... 22
- Police, protesters collide again in... 21