Grim tally: The faces of Utahns who died at the hands of others in 2012
James Mitchell »47 of 47 «
HELPER, Carbon County, Dec. 23 — James Mitchell, 31, was shot and killed after police say Jeromie Bunch, 30, of Helper, walked from his residence to the home of his estranged wife a few blocks away at 118 Bryner St. Once there, investigators said he confronted Mitchell on the back porch and shot him with a handgun. Bunch then fled into a garage on the property and killed himself. Five children were in the home at the time — Mitchell's three young daughters and the Bunches' two sons. Bunch's wife protected them by gathering them into a room to keep them safe, police said.
»47 of 47 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Police reviewing possible nightclub photos of...
- Circleville farmers scratching their heads...
- Elder David E. Sorensen, former executive...
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- Son of murdered woman felt peace in '91, now...
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- New poll shows many Utahns oppose and... 49
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay... 46
- A New York Times article said Michael... 43
- Attorney general deciding whether to... 40
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 36
- Newborn found in trash can brings call... 34
- 10 things to know about corporate... 32
- For the first time in American history,... 30