Grim tally: The faces of Utahns who died at the hands of others in 2012
James Mitchell »47 of 47 «
HELPER, Carbon County, Dec. 23 — James Mitchell, 31, was shot and killed after police say Jeromie Bunch, 30, of Helper, walked from his residence to the home of his estranged wife a few blocks away at 118 Bryner St. Once there, investigators said he confronted Mitchell on the back porch and shot him with a handgun. Bunch then fled into a garage on the property and killed himself. Five children were in the home at the time — Mitchell's three young daughters and the Bunches' two sons. Bunch's wife protected them by gathering them into a room to keep them safe, police said.
»47 of 47 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- LDS faith helps keep things in perspective...
- LDS leaders respond to reaction over their...
- LDS position on gay, religious rights may...
- New mission presidents
- Best in class: Breaking down the recruiting...
- With Kyle Collinsworth out, BYU rebounds and...
- Faith and family are driving forces for LDS...
- LDS Church releases statement on construction...
- LDS leaders respond to reaction over... 168
- Former GOP nominee Romney will not run... 79
- Top Catholics and evangelicals: Gay... 59
- Romney decision not to run again... 48
- Mitt Romney courts middle class, jabs... 40
- The LDS Church's call for balance... 33
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25
- Business community supports tax... 22