Grim tally: The faces of Utahns who died at the hands of others in 2012
James Mitchell »47 of 47 «
HELPER, Carbon County, Dec. 23 — James Mitchell, 31, was shot and killed after police say Jeromie Bunch, 30, of Helper, walked from his residence to the home of his estranged wife a few blocks away at 118 Bryner St. Once there, investigators said he confronted Mitchell on the back porch and shot him with a handgun. Bunch then fled into a garage on the property and killed himself. Five children were in the home at the time — Mitchell's three young daughters and the Bunches' two sons. Bunch's wife protected them by gathering them into a room to keep them safe, police said.
»47 of 47 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Concealed permit holder stopped armed robbery...
- LDS dad among finalists for Doritos Super...
- Photos: Hollywood comes to Utah with the...
- Doug Robinson: 'In Football We Trust'...
- New mission presidents
- Book review: Young widow's memoir presents a...
- Utah Utes still pursuing several big-time...
- LDS mission president's wife dies
- Mitt sounds like a candidate at Salt... 87
- California bars judges from Boy Scouts... 77
- Kerry: Violent extremism is not Islamic 27
- Sen. Mike Lee urges conservative... 25
- House Republicans run into divisions... 21
- Are you willing to pay more for your... 21
- Measles outbreak casts spotlight on... 20
- EPA inventory highlights 'toxic'... 19