Grim tally: The faces of Utahns who died at the hands of others in 2012
James Mitchell »47 of 47 «
HELPER, Carbon County, Dec. 23 — James Mitchell, 31, was shot and killed after police say Jeromie Bunch, 30, of Helper, walked from his residence to the home of his estranged wife a few blocks away at 118 Bryner St. Once there, investigators said he confronted Mitchell on the back porch and shot him with a handgun. Bunch then fled into a garage on the property and killed himself. Five children were in the home at the time — Mitchell's three young daughters and the Bunches' two sons. Bunch's wife protected them by gathering them into a room to keep them safe, police said.
»47 of 47 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Elder Perry to undergo cancer treatment,...
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- Scott Mitchell: Former U., NFL quarterback...
- Brad Rock: BYU's window is closing; big year...
- Ed and Elizabeth Smart make plea for help in...
- Utah man accused of rape is no stranger to...
- LDS Church to create Central Eurasian Mission...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- Poll: LDS Church influence over... 60
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 59
- Josh Romney: I won't run against Sen.... 56
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 39
- Same-sex marriage opponents urge... 36
- House Benghazi panel calls Clinton to... 29
- Gay marriage a difficult issue for GOP... 26
- Obama sounds alarm on climate damage in... 24