Grim tally: The faces of Utahns who died at the hands of others in 2012
James Mitchell »47 of 47 «
HELPER, Carbon County, Dec. 23 — James Mitchell, 31, was shot and killed after police say Jeromie Bunch, 30, of Helper, walked from his residence to the home of his estranged wife a few blocks away at 118 Bryner St. Once there, investigators said he confronted Mitchell on the back porch and shot him with a handgun. Bunch then fled into a garage on the property and killed himself. Five children were in the home at the time — Mitchell's three young daughters and the Bunches' two sons. Bunch's wife protected them by gathering them into a room to keep them safe, police said.
»47 of 47 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team landed...
- Security, authorities detain woman...
- Why my husband never sleeps on the couch and...
- 'Saturday's Warrior' director shares details...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule...
- Jerry Earl Johnston: Do you fit the Mormon...
- Former Ute center Dallin Bachynski impresses...
- River rafters discover wreckage of aircraft...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 37
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 21
- Conservative group yanks TV ads... 17
- Ohio patrolman acquitted in shooting... 16
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 16
- Mayor responds to pending harassment... 14
- 'Such a stress reliever': In Rhode... 13