Grim tally: The faces of Utahns who died at the hands of others in 2012
James Mitchell »47 of 47 «
HELPER, Carbon County, Dec. 23 — James Mitchell, 31, was shot and killed after police say Jeromie Bunch, 30, of Helper, walked from his residence to the home of his estranged wife a few blocks away at 118 Bryner St. Once there, investigators said he confronted Mitchell on the back porch and shot him with a handgun. Bunch then fled into a garage on the property and killed himself. Five children were in the home at the time — Mitchell's three young daughters and the Bunches' two sons. Bunch's wife protected them by gathering them into a room to keep them safe, police said.
»47 of 47 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of Mormon'...
- Lindon father of five sets world record in...
- BYU looking for another defensive turnaround...
- Amy Donaldson: James Lawrence had to do...
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting program...
- Boy Scout board approves end to blanket ban...
- Canceled Utah race renews fears of shrinking...
- Is report on building prison in Draper...
- Mike Lee plotting tricky maneuver to... 84
- Does secret southern Utah meeting mean... 52
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of... 44
- Boy Scout board approves end to blanket... 29
- Is report on building prison in Draper... 29
- 2016 Republicans use Trump, TV to make... 26
- Evangelicals and Muslims together... 25
- Theater gunman built reputation as an... 23