Grim tally: The faces of Utahns who died at the hands of others in 2012
James Mitchell »47 of 47 «
HELPER, Carbon County, Dec. 23 — James Mitchell, 31, was shot and killed after police say Jeromie Bunch, 30, of Helper, walked from his residence to the home of his estranged wife a few blocks away at 118 Bryner St. Once there, investigators said he confronted Mitchell on the back porch and shot him with a handgun. Bunch then fled into a garage on the property and killed himself. Five children were in the home at the time — Mitchell's three young daughters and the Bunches' two sons. Bunch's wife protected them by gathering them into a room to keep them safe, police said.
»47 of 47 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Elders Rasband, Stevenson, Renlund sustained...
- Elder Jeffrey R. Holland: 'Behold Thy Mother'
- New apostles testify of Jesus Christ during...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- Reasons for Travis Wilson's confidence:...
- College football: Utes climb to No. 5 in...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Saturday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Gunman opens fire at Oregon college; at... 62
- 'A terrible day' - 9 killed by gunman... 61
- Investigation: Secret Service tried to... 52
- Obama says response to shootings has... 50
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- Federal judge halts Herbert directive... 39
- New Medicaid expansion plan unveiled to... 27