Grim tally: The faces of Utahns who died at the hands of others in 2012
James Mitchell »47 of 47 «
HELPER, Carbon County, Dec. 23 — James Mitchell, 31, was shot and killed after police say Jeromie Bunch, 30, of Helper, walked from his residence to the home of his estranged wife a few blocks away at 118 Bryner St. Once there, investigators said he confronted Mitchell on the back porch and shot him with a handgun. Bunch then fled into a garage on the property and killed himself. Five children were in the home at the time — Mitchell's three young daughters and the Bunches' two sons. Bunch's wife protected them by gathering them into a room to keep them safe, police said.
»47 of 47 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Sister Frances J. Monson's legacy of love...
- Provo couple killed in RV accident near St....
- LDS Church responds to Boy Scouts of...
- Man charged with killing Ogden officer found...
- BYU, Utah and Utah State 2013 football...
- Mormon Parenting: Don’t call gay unions...
- Police were watching, listening to Josh and...
- BYU basketball: Agustin Ambrosino leaves BYU...
- Chaffetz not willing to take... 70
- Defending the Faith: A case for the... 62
- Boy Scouts open membership to all boys,... 44
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 43
- Man charged with killing Ogden officer... 39
- Journalists criticize Obama... 38
- S.L. draws up airport plans 33
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod... 29