Grim tally: The faces of Utahns who died at the hands of others in 2012
James Mitchell »47 of 47 «
HELPER, Carbon County, Dec. 23 — James Mitchell, 31, was shot and killed after police say Jeromie Bunch, 30, of Helper, walked from his residence to the home of his estranged wife a few blocks away at 118 Bryner St. Once there, investigators said he confronted Mitchell on the back porch and shot him with a handgun. Bunch then fled into a garage on the property and killed himself. Five children were in the home at the time — Mitchell's three young daughters and the Bunches' two sons. Bunch's wife protected them by gathering them into a room to keep them safe, police said.
»47 of 47 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- LDS Church, LGBT advocates back...
- BYU basketball: National experts weigh in on...
- Story of LDS man who forgave drunk driver for...
- BYU football: Christian Stewart returns to...
- Dick Harmon: Work of BYU's new strength coach...
- The Clean Cut: BYU's Vocal Point covers...
- LDS missionaries reunite man with his lost...
- Defending the Faith: Exploring complexities...
- LDS Church, LGBT advocates back... 88
- Israel's Netanyahu warns US 'bad deal'... 72
- Defending the Faith: Exploring... 49
- Mitt Romney calls Utah GOP move to a... 45
- About Utah: Replace the prison with the... 42
- Clinton used personal email account as... 28
- Utah assails Obama's Clean Power Plan 28
- House leaders counter Healthy Utah,... 28