Grim tally: The faces of Utahns who died at the hands of others in 2012
James Mitchell »47 of 47 «
HELPER, Carbon County, Dec. 23 — James Mitchell, 31, was shot and killed after police say Jeromie Bunch, 30, of Helper, walked from his residence to the home of his estranged wife a few blocks away at 118 Bryner St. Once there, investigators said he confronted Mitchell on the back porch and shot him with a handgun. Bunch then fled into a garage on the property and killed himself. Five children were in the home at the time — Mitchell's three young daughters and the Bunches' two sons. Bunch's wife protected them by gathering them into a room to keep them safe, police said.
»47 of 47 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- LDS leaders announce new teaching manual,...
- 'Biggest Losers' show why we regain lost weight
- Former BYU running back Luke Staley paying a...
- Dick Harmon: SUU, Kaufusi big winners in NFL...
- Big 12 would be better off expanding,...
- Motherhood Matters: What if I don’t...
- Award recipient's affiliation draws ire of...
- Dog accused of biting child ordered to be put...
- Dog accused of biting child ordered to... 45
- Award recipient's affiliation draws ire... 32
- GOP primary in governor's race now... 24
- S.L. City Council unsure what to expect... 20
- Twice-deported man arrested in Salt... 17
- Scam targets families of LDS missionaries 13
- Chaffetz attorney calls FEC complaint... 13
- Provo transit project set to begin,... 13