Grim tally: The faces of Utahns who died at the hands of others in 2012
James Mitchell »47 of 47 «
HELPER, Carbon County, Dec. 23 — James Mitchell, 31, was shot and killed after police say Jeromie Bunch, 30, of Helper, walked from his residence to the home of his estranged wife a few blocks away at 118 Bryner St. Once there, investigators said he confronted Mitchell on the back porch and shot him with a handgun. Bunch then fled into a garage on the property and killed himself. Five children were in the home at the time — Mitchell's three young daughters and the Bunches' two sons. Bunch's wife protected them by gathering them into a room to keep them safe, police said.
»47 of 47 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- LDS First Presidency calls 8 new MTC presidents
- In our opinion: Mounting evidence suggests...
- Morning links: Examining Utah's bowl...
- Jeb Bush used 'shock and awe' campaign to...
- Ex-EFY counselor sent to prison for sex with...
- Biskupski calls for resignations of nearly...
- MWC commissioner says it's probable BYU...
- BYU reaches 9-win plateau, hoping for bowl...
- Men and women: Understanding the wage... 34
- Biskupski calls for resignations of... 22
- Olene Walker, "one of Utah's finest... 17
- Man steals woman's boarding pass,... 13
- The new Thanksgiving tradition: A quick... 11
- MTC missionaries spend Thanksgiving... 11
- Utah liquor consumption is up, but... 8
- Recruiting crisis? UHP, other agencies... 7