Grim tally: The faces of Utahns who died at the hands of others in 2012
James Mitchell »47 of 47 «
HELPER, Carbon County, Dec. 23 — James Mitchell, 31, was shot and killed after police say Jeromie Bunch, 30, of Helper, walked from his residence to the home of his estranged wife a few blocks away at 118 Bryner St. Once there, investigators said he confronted Mitchell on the back porch and shot him with a handgun. Bunch then fled into a garage on the property and killed himself. Five children were in the home at the time — Mitchell's three young daughters and the Bunches' two sons. Bunch's wife protected them by gathering them into a room to keep them safe, police said.
»47 of 47 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- LDS Church releases video, topic page...
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks apart
- 'Duck Dynasty' daughter sticks to Christian...
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that canceled...
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Researchers: Patients have only themselves to...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 69
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 56
- Educators at UEA convention told to... 41
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 40
- Federal government extends same-sex... 35
- Vatican alters draft report translation... 23
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 23
- New Ebola 'czar' knows Washington, but... 22