Grim tally: The faces of Utahns who died at the hands of others in 2012
James Mitchell »47 of 47 «
HELPER, Carbon County, Dec. 23 — James Mitchell, 31, was shot and killed after police say Jeromie Bunch, 30, of Helper, walked from his residence to the home of his estranged wife a few blocks away at 118 Bryner St. Once there, investigators said he confronted Mitchell on the back porch and shot him with a handgun. Bunch then fled into a garage on the property and killed himself. Five children were in the home at the time — Mitchell's three young daughters and the Bunches' two sons. Bunch's wife protected them by gathering them into a room to keep them safe, police said.
»47 of 47 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- LDS sister missionary from Kaysville killed...
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of BYU...
- Utah Jazz: Analyzing 3 trade possibilities as...
- Rise and Shout: "Jeopardy!" contestants...
- Dick Harmon: Time running out for Dave Rose's...
- 'He was large, he was angry, he was bloody,'...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir announces virtual...
- Shared LDS faith strengthens bond between 2...
- Calls for boycott of Oscars grow over... 42
- Interior Department halts new federal... 29
- What you don't know about the HPV... 26
- Veteran Unified police officer, gunman... 25
- New bill may snuff out smoking rooms at... 24
- Obama cites Americans' release as win... 23
- Trump receives key endorsement from... 23
- Utah GOP sues state again over... 22