Grim tally: The faces of Utahns who died at the hands of others in 2012
Kerry Brown »2 of 47 «
SOUTH SALT LAKE, Jan. 24 — The death of Kerry Brown, 42, was initially deemed suspicious by police after the man was found unconscious and critically injured Jan. 19 following a fight near 100 E. Louise Ave. Brown suffered extensive head trauma and was taken to a local hospital, where he died a few days later. Police arrested Tristan Hamel, 20, who lived nearby, for investigation of aggravated assault. Prosecutors declined to file charges against Hamel. Police said Brown was intoxicated and was the aggressor. Hamel punched him once and Brown fell and hit his head.
»2 of 47 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and often...
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Penn State sweeps BYU for a record seventh...
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- A year later, a look at the Utah decision on...
- Former top deputy in Utah attorney general...
- LDS Church to create new missions in Utah and...
- In our opinion: The 3 levels of Christmas
- A year later, a look at the Utah... 83
- Majority of Utahns oppose moving state... 53
- Obama: US re-establishing diplomatic... 49
- Obama signature all that's left in... 39
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 35
- Vermont governor abandons single-payer... 32
- Anti-police protests tie up traffic on... 31
- A post-election flurry: Obama tests his... 16