Grim tally: The faces of Utahns who died at the hands of others in 2012
Kerry Brown »2 of 47 «
SOUTH SALT LAKE, Jan. 24 — The death of Kerry Brown, 42, was initially deemed suspicious by police after the man was found unconscious and critically injured Jan. 19 following a fight near 100 E. Louise Ave. Brown suffered extensive head trauma and was taken to a local hospital, where he died a few days later. Police arrested Tristan Hamel, 20, who lived nearby, for investigation of aggravated assault. Prosecutors declined to file charges against Hamel. Police said Brown was intoxicated and was the aggressor. Hamel punched him once and Brown fell and hit his head.
»2 of 47 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of...
- Utah's first family of boxing loses one of...
- Clark Gilbert named new president of BYU-Idaho
- Fear of pending apocalypse led to...
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football winner...
- BYU basketball guard Anson Winder and...
- Morning links: Utes land a local commitment...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of... 128
- California bars judges from Boy Scouts... 91
- Lawmakers looking to pump up gas tax... 60
- Sen. Mike Lee urges conservative... 35
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about... 33
- Kerry: Violent extremism is not Islamic 29
- Are you willing to pay more for your... 25
- Concealed permit holder stopped armed... 24