Grim tally: The faces of Utahns who died at the hands of others in 2012
»47 items «
Aaron Thorup, Deseret News
The faces of Utah's 2012 homicide victims are haunting. From a 1-month-old baby shaken to death, to a 6-year-old girl kidnapped from her home and raped, to an 84-year-old woman stabbed dozens of times allegedly by one of her 13 grandchildren who called her "Honey," the victims represent a wide spectrum of Utahns. The Deseret News list of Utah homicides does not include those who were killed by police officers or automobile homicides, which are generally classified separately. The list does include one suicide because it was charged as a homicide after prosecutors say a man provided a gun to a suicidal woman who then shot herself in Emery County. Read more: Domestic violence behind many of Utah's 2012 homicides
»47 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Job insecurity is the new normal. Here's how...
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The Book...
- My Plan: A new tool to help LDS missionaries...
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical is an...
- One year later: Slow movement on slide repairs
- LDS Church leaders share personal photos and...
- Prison inmates start hunger strike, demand...
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt... 48
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay... 37
- Prison inmates start hunger strike,... 33
- Salt Lake County cities, school... 16
- Teens arrested, rancher cleared after... 12
- Salt Lake police looking for horses,... 10
- Survey: Utah residents want crops, not... 10
- National report shows high overall... 9