Deseret News best of 2012: Top LDS-related events
Mitt Romney’s presidential campaign, unequaled media exposure and a historic missionary announcement were among the list of noteworthy Latter-day Saint-related events of 2012.
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was in the spotlight all year long. In addition to the extended “Mormon Moment” of press coverage, the church continued to grow and increase efforts to spread the gospel through the Internet and social media, offered humanitarian aid, and built temples around the globe. A trio of young Mormon athletes emerged in their respective sports. The church also sought to build better understanding among Latter-day Saints in regard to same-sex attraction.
Here is a list recapping the LDS-related events of 2012.
- To serve or not to serve: BYU star athletes...
- Normons: A site to prove just how normal...
- New Jersey lawsuit seeks to ban Pledge of...
- Speculation begins about who the next Utah...
- Utah Sports Ruckus: Grading the Jazz's...
- Salt Lake Comic Con FanX draws 100,000 attendees
- Vegas’ water drying up
- U. student government passes resolution to...
- Bingham kicker commits to Utah after... 92
- Letter: Right and wrong 81
- U. student government passes resolution... 70
- My view: Anti-science ruins the climate... 67
- Mitt Romney Sundance film gives... 66
- Robert Bennett: Immigration reform... 63
- Jim McMahon closing in on graduating... 61
- Utah's new adaptive testing system... 59