Deseret News best of 2012: Top LDS-related events
Mitt Romney’s presidential campaign, unequaled media exposure and a historic missionary announcement were among the list of noteworthy Latter-day Saint-related events of 2012.
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was in the spotlight all year long. In addition to the extended “Mormon Moment” of press coverage, the church continued to grow and increase efforts to spread the gospel through the Internet and social media, offered humanitarian aid, and built temples around the globe. A trio of young Mormon athletes emerged in their respective sports. The church also sought to build better understanding among Latter-day Saints in regard to same-sex attraction.
Here is a list recapping the LDS-related events of 2012.
- 'Duck Dynasty' daughter sticks to Christian...
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks apart
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to perform...
- Researchers: Patients have only themselves to...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 148
- Hawaii AD: 'There is a very real... 108
- Greg Bell: Lessons learned form the... 87
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 79
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Mitt Romney Sundance film gives... 66
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 58
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 53