Deseret News best of 2012: Top LDS-related events
Mitt Romney’s presidential campaign, unequaled media exposure and a historic missionary announcement were among the list of noteworthy Latter-day Saint-related events of 2012.
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was in the spotlight all year long. In addition to the extended “Mormon Moment” of press coverage, the church continued to grow and increase efforts to spread the gospel through the Internet and social media, offered humanitarian aid, and built temples around the globe. A trio of young Mormon athletes emerged in their respective sports. The church also sought to build better understanding among Latter-day Saints in regard to same-sex attraction.
Here is a list recapping the LDS-related events of 2012.
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coaches will take the win...
- 5 parenting lessons learned from movies
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- Wet, cool August delivered more than twice...
- World-renowned rock art in Utah is younger...
- President Uchtdorf visits Provo City Center...
- Hawaii AD: 'There is a very real... 108
- Mitt Romney Sundance film gives... 66
- First steps: Utes open season with... 65
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 49