Deseret News best of 2012: Top LDS-related events
Mitt Romney’s presidential campaign, unequaled media exposure and a historic missionary announcement were among the list of noteworthy Latter-day Saint-related events of 2012.
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was in the spotlight all year long. In addition to the extended “Mormon Moment” of press coverage, the church continued to grow and increase efforts to spread the gospel through the Internet and social media, offered humanitarian aid, and built temples around the globe. A trio of young Mormon athletes emerged in their respective sports. The church also sought to build better understanding among Latter-day Saints in regard to same-sex attraction.
Here is a list recapping the LDS-related events of 2012.
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- An LDS missionary and a Marine: Twin brothers...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- LDS Church releases video, topic page...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35
- The 9 most overlooked threats to a marriage
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but flutters...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Defending the Faith: When the... 131
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Calls for civility accompany same-sex... 113
- Hawaii AD: 'There is a very real... 108
- Traditional marriage supporters want... 84
- Greg Bell: Lessons learned form the... 79
- Can public officials refuse to perform... 67
- Mitt Romney Sundance film gives... 66