Deseret News best of 2012: Top LDS-related events
Mitt Romney’s presidential campaign, unequaled media exposure and a historic missionary announcement were among the list of noteworthy Latter-day Saint-related events of 2012.
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was in the spotlight all year long. In addition to the extended “Mormon Moment” of press coverage, the church continued to grow and increase efforts to spread the gospel through the Internet and social media, offered humanitarian aid, and built temples around the globe. A trio of young Mormon athletes emerged in their respective sports. The church also sought to build better understanding among Latter-day Saints in regard to same-sex attraction.
Here is a list recapping the LDS-related events of 2012.
- 'Say Thanks': Facebook launches new feature...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get washed away...
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach...
- New friends plan to work together to defend...
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0
- Home makeover honors refugee family's service...
- Reader voices: I'm trying to be a Mormon
- 'It can happen to anyone': Utah universities...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 132
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior... 116
- In the Whirled: The good Mormon Democrat 104
- In our opinion: U.S. needs immigration... 68
- Mitt Romney Sundance film gives... 66
- President Obama's immigration reforms... 65
- Dan Liljenquist: Obamacare was a rude... 61
- Utah members of Congress slam Obama's... 55