Deseret News best of 2012: Top LDS-related events
Mitt Romney’s presidential campaign, unequaled media exposure and a historic missionary announcement were among the list of noteworthy Latter-day Saint-related events of 2012.
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was in the spotlight all year long. In addition to the extended “Mormon Moment” of press coverage, the church continued to grow and increase efforts to spread the gospel through the Internet and social media, offered humanitarian aid, and built temples around the globe. A trio of young Mormon athletes emerged in their respective sports. The church also sought to build better understanding among Latter-day Saints in regard to same-sex attraction.
Here is a list recapping the LDS-related events of 2012.
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Leo Tolstoy's view of Mormons as teaching...
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test?
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Mormon youths celebrate reopening of the...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 158
- Hawaii AD: 'There is a very real... 108
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on... 95
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 85
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 73
- Defending the Faith: Columbus among the... 71
- Mitt Romney Sundance film gives... 66