BYU football: A look at the Cougars' 31 bowl appearances, 1974-2012
These days, all a college football team has to do to earn a ticket to a bowl game is post a winning record. But 30 or 40 years ago, just being invited to a bowl was a big deal, and winning was even bigger.
Thursday's Poinsettia Bowl against San Diego State was the 31st bowl game in which the Cougars have played. They've posted a 13-17-1 record, with some incredible highs (the 1980 "Miracle" Holiday Bowl) and embarrassing lows (a 65-14 loss in the 1990 Holiday Bowl).
Here's a brief look at all 31 postseason games the Cougars have played, dating back to 1974.
- Newlywed viral Star Wars couple: 'The Force...
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed hotel...
- Utah and UVU assigned regionals; BYU left out...
- New temple presidents
- BYU football receives commitment from Lone...
- President Uchtdorf recalls being a refugee,...
- New mission presidents
- About Utah: Utah teacher taught 15 children...
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 69
- Brad Rock: BYU-Utah hoops are back... 51
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 49
- Why can't we be friends? BYU-Utah fans... 41
- Pac-12 champs: Utah wins baseball title... 35
- Utah and UVU assigned regionals; BYU... 24
- Rose excited for near future stability,... 22
- Column: Baylor should pull plug on its... 20