BYU football: A look at the Cougars' 31 bowl appearances, 1974-2012
These days, all a college football team has to do to earn a ticket to a bowl game is post a winning record. But 30 or 40 years ago, just being invited to a bowl was a big deal, and winning was even bigger.
Thursday's Poinsettia Bowl against San Diego State was the 31st bowl game in which the Cougars have played. They've posted a 13-17-1 record, with some incredible highs (the 1980 "Miracle" Holiday Bowl) and embarrassing lows (a 65-14 loss in the 1990 Holiday Bowl).
Here's a brief look at all 31 postseason games the Cougars have played, dating back to 1974.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest?
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is an...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Rock On: Utah has LeBron Syndrome
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 219
- Report: Former BYU guard Jimmer... 73
- BYU freshman linebacker reportedly... 73
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is... 70
- Peavler: Arizona vice president of... 52
- ACC media days has some interesting... 42
- Watch list roundup: 22 local players... 27
- Off on the right foot: BYU Cougars... 22