USU football: Gary Andersen's top 10 games
How does the old saying go? “We’ll always have Logan?”
Gary Andersen was among 2012’s most successful coaches in college football, and in the process resurrected Utah State Aggie football. On Tuesday, Andersen accepted a job to fill the head coaching vacancy at the University of Wisconsin. In so doing, he follows in the footsteps of several USU coaches who made a stop in Logan before heading off to greener pastures elsewhere.
In January of 2009, Gary Andersen took the job over from Brent Guy, a coach who severely struggled to post wins of any kind for the Aggies. Previously, Andersen had been the defensive coordinator for the University of Utah, most notably during their 2009 Sugar Bowl victory over the University of Alabama.
Gary Andersen brought joy to Aggie fans everywhere because he won games – a lot of them. From Hawaii to Alabama, Gary patrolled the sidelines with an intense ferocity and ushered USU onto the path of football prominence. Here’s a look back to his 10 most impressive games as the Aggie head coach.
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coaches will take the win...
- 5 parenting lessons learned from movies
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- Wet, cool August delivered more than twice...
- World-renowned rock art in Utah is younger...
- President Uchtdorf visits Provo City Center...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 65
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48
- Enemy camp: What UConn media thinks... 41