USU football: Gary Andersen's top 10 games
How does the old saying go? “We’ll always have Logan?”
Gary Andersen was among 2012’s most successful coaches in college football, and in the process resurrected Utah State Aggie football. On Tuesday, Andersen accepted a job to fill the head coaching vacancy at the University of Wisconsin. In so doing, he follows in the footsteps of several USU coaches who made a stop in Logan before heading off to greener pastures elsewhere.
In January of 2009, Gary Andersen took the job over from Brent Guy, a coach who severely struggled to post wins of any kind for the Aggies. Previously, Andersen had been the defensive coordinator for the University of Utah, most notably during their 2009 Sugar Bowl victory over the University of Alabama.
Gary Andersen brought joy to Aggie fans everywhere because he won games – a lot of them. From Hawaii to Alabama, Gary patrolled the sidelines with an intense ferocity and ushered USU onto the path of football prominence. Here’s a look back to his 10 most impressive games as the Aggie head coach.
- Photo gallery: Tornado rips Oklahoma suburb
- Fire chief says search almost complete in...
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over, West...
- 'Tattooed Mormon' Al Fox shares her...
- BYU football: Fan-developed software gives...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- Wright Words: Oklahoma tornado provides...
- Bodyguards allegedly beat up 2 fans who took...
- Utes football recruiting: Polynesian... 113
- USA Rugby: 'What BYU won ... was a... 78
- High school baseball: 5A, 4A state... 52
- Utah Utes football: Dr. Chris Hill... 39
- Brad Rock: USU athletics can go home again 22
- Bodyguards allegedly beat up 2 fans who... 18
- Van Noy named to Lott IMPACT trophy... 15
- Dick Harmon: BYU coach Mike Littlewood... 12