10 areas where the struggle to define marriage is being waged
»10 items «
Some consider last week to have been a possible tipping point in the struggle over the definition of marriage in America. Gay advocates cheered Feb. 23 when the Obama Administration announced it would no longer go to court to defend the constitutionality of the Defense of Marriage Act. Though the decision did not immediately affect any part of American life except the way four cases — two in Massachusetts, one in New York and one in Connecticut — are being litigated, speculation about the long-term fallout is anybody’s guess. What is clear is that the president’s decision was rare and that it sent traditional marriage advocates scrambling for a response. Here are 10 areas of American life, or American institutions, where the struggle to define marriage is most notable.
»10 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Son shares story of miraculous reunion with...
- Elder L. Tom Perry's cancer terminal, 'has...
- Is your financial house in order? 10...
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- The Clean Cut: Stuttering comedian wins over...
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- Morning links: Haws, Wright workout for NBA...
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away drought
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 42
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 39
- Elder L. Tom Perry's cancer terminal,... 31
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 23
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 23
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17