Utah State Aggies football bowl history, 1946 to 2012
The Aggies of Utah State University are going to their second bowl game in two years. They'll face the University of Toledo Rockets Saturday, Dec. 15 at 2:30 MT in the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl in Boise, Idaho.
Utah State just completed its most successful season ever. The Aggies set single-season records with 10 wins, six wins at home and won its first outright conference championship since 1936. Also for the first time ever, the Aggies posted a 6-0 conference record.
“We are excited to prepare for a quality Toledo team that had an outstanding season,” said fourth-year Utah State head coach Gary Andersen. “Our staff has great respect for Toledo head coach Matt Campbell and the Rockets team. They are very well coached and obviously very talented as they are playing in their third-straight bowl game.”
As good as the Aggies have been this year, don't give them a bowl win just yet, as they face Toledo, who has a record of 9-3 overall.
The Rockets won eight straight games at one point in the season, including a 29-23 victory over then No. 18 Cincinnati. UT was ranked as high as No. 23 in the AP poll this season and cracked the BCS Top 25 for the first time in school history (No. 25 on Nov. 4). Toledo's three losses were all to schools playing in bowl games – Northern Illinois (11-1), Ball State (9-3) and Arizona (7-5).
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Security breached: Intruder gets into White...
- Tragedy can reveal 'the very gold of truth'
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Police release names of officers involved in...
- Mormon youths celebrate reopening of the...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 72
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33