Why Jabari Parker might (or might not) pick each of the five schools on his short list
Duke »1 of 5 «
2012-13 record: 9-0
Current national ranking: 2
Head coach: Mike Krzyzewski
Number of NCAA championships: 4
Why Duke is the pick: Few programs can claim the yearly success and pedigree that Duke has exhibited. Legendary coach Mike Krzyzewski has won more games than any coach in the history of the sport. Eleven former Blue Devils have been top-10 NBA draft picks, and 23 have been first-rounders.
At Duke, Parker would play against the very best that college basketball has to offer, including conference games against North Carolina, North Carolina State, Maryland and more. He'd be part of a high-profile team that would help him showcase his talent. And he might win a national championship while he's at it.
Why Duke is not the pick: With so many quality players on the roster, Parker might not play right away. Facing off against so many difficult opponents could make it harder for him to stand out and excel. Duke is also a long way from Parker's home of Chicago.
»1 of 5 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- Leo Tolstoy's view of Mormons as teaching...
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- 'The Locator' Troy Dunn keeps working to...
- The photos from the seats and the sideline...
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 139
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 90
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 76
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to... 70
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 53
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart... 32
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset,... 29