Why Jabari Parker might (or might not) pick each of the five schools on his short list
Duke »1 of 5 «
2012-13 record: 9-0
Current national ranking: 2
Head coach: Mike Krzyzewski
Number of NCAA championships: 4
Why Duke is the pick: Few programs can claim the yearly success and pedigree that Duke has exhibited. Legendary coach Mike Krzyzewski has won more games than any coach in the history of the sport. Eleven former Blue Devils have been top-10 NBA draft picks, and 23 have been first-rounders.
At Duke, Parker would play against the very best that college basketball has to offer, including conference games against North Carolina, North Carolina State, Maryland and more. He'd be part of a high-profile team that would help him showcase his talent. And he might win a national championship while he's at it.
Why Duke is not the pick: With so many quality players on the roster, Parker might not play right away. Facing off against so many difficult opponents could make it harder for him to stand out and excel. Duke is also a long way from Parker's home of Chicago.
»1 of 5 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- In our opinion: Planned Parenthood should...
- LDS missionaries save apartment complex from...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws ire
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'...
- Two Utah schools under federal investigation...
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time at BYU
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one of the...
- LDS Church moves volunteers from Turkey to...