Why Jabari Parker might (or might not) pick each of the five schools on his short list
Duke »1 of 5 «
2012-13 record: 9-0
Current national ranking: 2
Head coach: Mike Krzyzewski
Number of NCAA championships: 4
Why Duke is the pick: Few programs can claim the yearly success and pedigree that Duke has exhibited. Legendary coach Mike Krzyzewski has won more games than any coach in the history of the sport. Eleven former Blue Devils have been top-10 NBA draft picks, and 23 have been first-rounders.
At Duke, Parker would play against the very best that college basketball has to offer, including conference games against North Carolina, North Carolina State, Maryland and more. He'd be part of a high-profile team that would help him showcase his talent. And he might win a national championship while he's at it.
Why Duke is not the pick: With so many quality players on the roster, Parker might not play right away. Facing off against so many difficult opponents could make it harder for him to stand out and excel. Duke is also a long way from Parker's home of Chicago.
»1 of 5 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Source: Kyle Whittingham not being forced out...
- A beleaguered family — 12 in 4...
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act together
- Pangos, Wiltjer lead Gonzaga to victory over...
- AirAsia plane carrying 162 lost in stormy...
- Utah came first for Rep. Jim Matheson, but...
- Bingham nearly topples undefeated Florida...
- Hill, Whittingham meet after football...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 117
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 75
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 63
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 52
- Hill, Whittingham meet after football... 40
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act... 36
- Source: Kyle Whittingham not being... 36
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look... 21