Why Jabari Parker might (or might not) pick each of the five schools on his short list
Duke »1 of 5 «
2012-13 record: 9-0
Current national ranking: 2
Head coach: Mike Krzyzewski
Number of NCAA championships: 4
Why Duke is the pick: Few programs can claim the yearly success and pedigree that Duke has exhibited. Legendary coach Mike Krzyzewski has won more games than any coach in the history of the sport. Eleven former Blue Devils have been top-10 NBA draft picks, and 23 have been first-rounders.
At Duke, Parker would play against the very best that college basketball has to offer, including conference games against North Carolina, North Carolina State, Maryland and more. He'd be part of a high-profile team that would help him showcase his talent. And he might win a national championship while he's at it.
Why Duke is not the pick: With so many quality players on the roster, Parker might not play right away. Facing off against so many difficult opponents could make it harder for him to stand out and excel. Duke is also a long way from Parker's home of Chicago.
»1 of 5 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Jazz GM Dennis Lindsey rebuts rumor about an...
- Trial ordered for politician accused of...
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah town...
- BYU, Utah State football programs receive...
- Family of scholars: Utah family celebrates...
- Brooklyn's bed: Parents of 4-year-old brain...
- Elder Rasband offers counsel, blessing to...
- Kalani Sitake: A summer of prep with...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- BYU football receives commitment from... 67
- Utah football to host Weber State in 2021 42
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 24
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 17
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14