Why Jabari Parker might (or might not) pick each of the five schools on his short list
Duke »1 of 5 «
2012-13 record: 9-0
Current national ranking: 2
Head coach: Mike Krzyzewski
Number of NCAA championships: 4
Why Duke is the pick: Few programs can claim the yearly success and pedigree that Duke has exhibited. Legendary coach Mike Krzyzewski has won more games than any coach in the history of the sport. Eleven former Blue Devils have been top-10 NBA draft picks, and 23 have been first-rounders.
At Duke, Parker would play against the very best that college basketball has to offer, including conference games against North Carolina, North Carolina State, Maryland and more. He'd be part of a high-profile team that would help him showcase his talent. And he might win a national championship while he's at it.
Why Duke is not the pick: With so many quality players on the roster, Parker might not play right away. Facing off against so many difficult opponents could make it harder for him to stand out and excel. Duke is also a long way from Parker's home of Chicago.
»1 of 5 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Missing motherhood: The one thing Barbara...
- Snowstorm makes travel tricky along Wasatch...
- Target: 40 million card accounts may be breached
- Spending habits of families receiving public...
- Retired professor creates new pictorial...
- Ex-Attorney General John Swallow deliberately...
- Anti-gay comments by 'Duck Dynasty' patriarch...
- Geographers map out the seven deadly sins
- BYU's Kyle Van Noy named CBSSports.com... 43
- BYU digs early hole, can't recover in... 42
- Commentary: For the Jazz, it's all... 32
- Utah basketball: Ute sophomore Jordan... 31
- Local college football: Cougars, Utes... 26
- Utah State basketball: Leading scorer... 25
- BYU football: Kyle Van Noy accepts... 25
- Former Utah quarterback Alex Smith... 24