10 best housing market increases in Utah counties
»10 items «
jotor via flickr
Home sales are 12 percent higher in Utah than they were in October 2011, making house buying more affordable than it was one year ago, according to a study by the Utah Association of Realtors. This shows a steady increase of home sales in Utah for the past seven months. “Several years of price declines and low interest rates have put homeownership back in reach,” said Cal Musselman, 2013 president of the Utah Association of Realtors, in a statement. “Home buying is also looking more attractive because the cost of renting is rising.” This past October, 3,242 homes, townhomes and condos were sold in one month. The year previously, 2,901 were sold. Because of this, home sellers often receive multiple offers. Despite the increase in demand, houses are more affordable according to the UAR's Affordability Index, which registered that buying a Utah home was 8.5 percent more affordable than a year before. Davis County had the highest increase in percentage of sales, as it went up 27.3 percent.
»10 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Sister Frances J. Monson's legacy of love...
- LDS Church responds to Boy Scouts of...
- Davis County honor student arrested in deaths...
- Letters to family show Steven Powell still...
- Live streaming: Frances J. Monson funeral
- Police locate West Point teen called 'person...
- Boy Scouts open membership to all boys,...
- Boy Scouts of America to make membership...
Most Commented Across Site
- Letters: No welfare, ever 77
- Chaffetz not willing to take... 60
- High school baseball: 5A, 4A state... 56
- Defending the Faith: A case for the... 44
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 43
- BYU baseball: Cougars upset No. 13... 42
- 'Tattooed Mormon' Al Fox shares her... 40
- BYU football to receive 6-figure payout... 40