10 best housing market increases in Utah counties
»10 items «
jotor via flickr
Home sales are 12 percent higher in Utah than they were in October 2011, making house buying more affordable than it was one year ago, according to a study by the Utah Association of Realtors. This shows a steady increase of home sales in Utah for the past seven months. “Several years of price declines and low interest rates have put homeownership back in reach,” said Cal Musselman, 2013 president of the Utah Association of Realtors, in a statement. “Home buying is also looking more attractive because the cost of renting is rising.” This past October, 3,242 homes, townhomes and condos were sold in one month. The year previously, 2,901 were sold. Because of this, home sellers often receive multiple offers. Despite the increase in demand, houses are more affordable according to the UAR's Affordability Index, which registered that buying a Utah home was 8.5 percent more affordable than a year before. Davis County had the highest increase in percentage of sales, as it went up 27.3 percent.
»10 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach the...
- LDS missionaries developing strategies to...
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Martin MacNeill cuts self with razor in...
- 'Sound of Music' hit a high note for family...
- As winter takes hold, needs increase for...
- BYU basketball: Cougars face No. 21 UMass in...
- Commentary: Long-term success in independence...
Most Commented Across Site
- Utah judge could be first to rule on... 110
- Obama: Income inequality a defining... 106
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 101
- College football re-rankings: Where do... 60
- Unbeaten Utes hit the road for the... 58
- Dick Harmon: Are we spending too much... 57
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging 55
- Commentary: Long-term success in... 48