10 best housing market increases in Utah counties
»10 items «
jotor via flickr
Home sales are 12 percent higher in Utah than they were in October 2011, making house buying more affordable than it was one year ago, according to a study by the Utah Association of Realtors. This shows a steady increase of home sales in Utah for the past seven months. “Several years of price declines and low interest rates have put homeownership back in reach,” said Cal Musselman, 2013 president of the Utah Association of Realtors, in a statement. “Home buying is also looking more attractive because the cost of renting is rising.” This past October, 3,242 homes, townhomes and condos were sold in one month. The year previously, 2,901 were sold. Because of this, home sellers often receive multiple offers. Despite the increase in demand, houses are more affordable according to the UAR's Affordability Index, which registered that buying a Utah home was 8.5 percent more affordable than a year before. Davis County had the highest increase in percentage of sales, as it went up 27.3 percent.
»10 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- LDS leaders announce new teaching manual,...
- Former BYU running back Luke Staley paying a...
- Former BYU quarterback Jake Heaps signs...
- Dick Harmon: SUU, Kaufusi big winners in NFL...
- Award recipient's affiliation draws ire of...
- 'Biggest Losers' show why we regain lost weight
- Motherhood Matters: What if I don’t...
- Dog accused of biting child ordered to be put...
Most Commented Across Site
- Former BYU running back Luke Staley... 113
- Would BYU honor code be better with an... 92
- Bronco-bound Booker is Utah's only NFL... 75
- Morning links: Phil Steele discusses... 72
- Mitt Romney Sundance film gives... 66
- Cruz, Sanders top picks in Tuesday's... 58
- Big 12 would be better off expanding,... 51
- Poll: 66 percent of Utahns support... 51