10 best housing market increases in Utah counties
»10 items «
jotor via flickr
Home sales are 12 percent higher in Utah than they were in October 2011, making house buying more affordable than it was one year ago, according to a study by the Utah Association of Realtors. This shows a steady increase of home sales in Utah for the past seven months. “Several years of price declines and low interest rates have put homeownership back in reach,” said Cal Musselman, 2013 president of the Utah Association of Realtors, in a statement. “Home buying is also looking more attractive because the cost of renting is rising.” This past October, 3,242 homes, townhomes and condos were sold in one month. The year previously, 2,901 were sold. Because of this, home sellers often receive multiple offers. Despite the increase in demand, houses are more affordable according to the UAR's Affordability Index, which registered that buying a Utah home was 8.5 percent more affordable than a year before. Davis County had the highest increase in percentage of sales, as it went up 27.3 percent.
»10 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- High school football: Bingham accepts invite...
- High school football: Timpview overcomes...
- 'Say Thanks': Facebook launches new feature...
- No. 15 Arizona crushes No. 17 Utah 42-10 in...
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0
- High school football: Defense, big plays pave...
- Mormon creator of 'Battlestar Galactica'...
- Dick Harmon: Utah tries to break out of...
Most Commented Across Site
- Dick Harmon: Outwardly lobbying Big 12... 142
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior... 115
- In the Whirled: The good Mormon Democrat 98
- At the Vatican, President Eyring says... 89
- Runnin' Utes lose defensive battle at... 68
- Mitt Romney Sundance film gives... 66
- No. 15 Arizona crushes No. 17 Utah... 65
- Letter: Where jobs come from 65