10 best housing market increases in Utah counties
»10 items «
jotor via flickr
Home sales are 12 percent higher in Utah than they were in October 2011, making house buying more affordable than it was one year ago, according to a study by the Utah Association of Realtors. This shows a steady increase of home sales in Utah for the past seven months. “Several years of price declines and low interest rates have put homeownership back in reach,” said Cal Musselman, 2013 president of the Utah Association of Realtors, in a statement. “Home buying is also looking more attractive because the cost of renting is rising.” This past October, 3,242 homes, townhomes and condos were sold in one month. The year previously, 2,901 were sold. Because of this, home sellers often receive multiple offers. Despite the increase in demand, houses are more affordable according to the UAR's Affordability Index, which registered that buying a Utah home was 8.5 percent more affordable than a year before. Davis County had the highest increase in percentage of sales, as it went up 27.3 percent.
»10 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Utah man credits God for survival of 4...
- James Dobson joins evangelicals for Trump
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts addiction by...
- 13,740 acres burned in Antelope Island fire
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: I know what it's...
- In our opinion: The GOP convention — a...
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat about this...
Most Commented Across Site
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big... 126
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down... 105
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Morning links: National college... 78
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 64
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 52