10 best housing market increases in Utah counties
»10 items «
jotor via flickr
Home sales are 12 percent higher in Utah than they were in October 2011, making house buying more affordable than it was one year ago, according to a study by the Utah Association of Realtors. This shows a steady increase of home sales in Utah for the past seven months. “Several years of price declines and low interest rates have put homeownership back in reach,” said Cal Musselman, 2013 president of the Utah Association of Realtors, in a statement. “Home buying is also looking more attractive because the cost of renting is rising.” This past October, 3,242 homes, townhomes and condos were sold in one month. The year previously, 2,901 were sold. Because of this, home sellers often receive multiple offers. Despite the increase in demand, houses are more affordable according to the UAR's Affordability Index, which registered that buying a Utah home was 8.5 percent more affordable than a year before. Davis County had the highest increase in percentage of sales, as it went up 27.3 percent.
»10 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- New temple presidents
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Seeking and sorrowing: Sisters of the Prophet...
- The Clean Cut: After dad's death, brother...
- Number of LDS converts, missionaries...
- New mission presidents
- She paid for a family's groceries and got...
- 'He was a 'Star Trek' guy': Mark Hamill said...
Most Commented Across Site
- Defending the Faith: The mystery of the... 77
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Ralph Hancock: Religious freedom and... 75
- Mitt Romney Sundance film gives... 66
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 63
- Are church youth dances outdated? 61
- Utah football: Dres Anderson shines in... 58
- End of an era: Mercury rule shutters... 57