The seven BYU inductees into the College Football Hall of Fame
Ty Detmer was the first college quarterback to pass for more than 15 thousand yards over the course of his career, and the first of those two to be inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame.
He is not, however, the first BYU Cougar to be so inducted.
The lineup of inductees is not surprising for a school that carried the moniker of "Quarterback U" for the better part of three different decades. Of the Cougars that have been inducted, five are quarterbacks and none are defensive players.
With his selection into the Hall of Fame, Detmer joins some significant figures in BYU Football lore. Read on to see all seven BYU Football College Hall of Fame inductees and a brief summary of their careers.
- Photo gallery: Tornado rips Oklahoma suburb
- Fire chief says search almost complete in...
- 'Tattooed Mormon' Al Fox shares her...
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over, West...
- Wright Words: Oklahoma tornado provides...
- BYU football: Fan-developed software gives...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- Bodyguards allegedly beat up 2 fans who took...
- Utes football recruiting: Polynesian... 130
- USA Rugby: 'What BYU won ... was a... 78
- High school baseball: 5A, 4A state... 53
- Brad Rock: USU athletics can go home again 22
- Bodyguards allegedly beat up 2 fans who... 18
- Dick Harmon: BYU coach Mike Littlewood... 13
- Utah State football: New coach Matt... 11
- If hired, Jeff Hornacek will face same... 10