Holiday hope: Resources all across Utah offer aid; donations needed
»29 items «
Jason Olson, Deseret News
With Thanksgiving days away and Christmas right around the corner, food banks and service organizations are looking for help in meeting the needs of thousands of Utahns. From the Bountiful Community Food Pantry, which has breakfast items, Christmas hams and teen gifts on its wish list, to the United Way of Utah County's children's book drive, Sub for Santa and Golden Angels program, organizations have a plethora of needs and offer myriad opportunities for people to serve. Here's a sampling of some of the food and service resources across Utah. For more information on additional organizations, volunteer opportunities and community needs, visit www.uw.org, www.utahfoodbank.org or any of the links included in the list. Every effort has been made to include the most up-to-date information in the list, but please contact the author with any corrections or additional details. Read more: Food pantries and service organizations gear up, seek donations for the holiday season
»29 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Major LDS growth in Africa unaffected by...
- Bishop Gérald Caussé announced...
- Provo's Waffle Love made time for church...
- Brad Rock: GameDay is quite the day in Utah
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 69
- Workers removing Ten Commandments from... 56
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- State responds to Planned Parenthood... 28
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 27