Holiday hope: Resources all across Utah offer aid; donations needed
»29 items «
Jason Olson, Deseret News
With Thanksgiving days away and Christmas right around the corner, food banks and service organizations are looking for help in meeting the needs of thousands of Utahns. From the Bountiful Community Food Pantry, which has breakfast items, Christmas hams and teen gifts on its wish list, to the United Way of Utah County's children's book drive, Sub for Santa and Golden Angels program, organizations have a plethora of needs and offer myriad opportunities for people to serve. Here's a sampling of some of the food and service resources across Utah. For more information on additional organizations, volunteer opportunities and community needs, visit www.uw.org, www.utahfoodbank.org or any of the links included in the list. Every effort has been made to include the most up-to-date information in the list, but please contact the author with any corrections or additional details. Read more: Food pantries and service organizations gear up, seek donations for the holiday season
»29 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Families face uncertainty, unite in prayer as...
- Former Cougar star Jackson Emery shares...
- Toddler basketball star, 'Trick-Shot-Titus,'...
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered for...
- Dick Harmon: Are we spending too much money...
- Switched at birth, man raised in poverty...
- BYU basketball: Breaking down UMass, Cougars'...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on... 99
- Obama: Income inequality a defining... 98
- Croatians vote against same-sex marriage 50
- Should parents pay extra for... 46
- Court: Mormon church, members not... 34
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's... 30
- Colorado court hears discrimination... 28
- Utah A.G. John Swallow: 'No way to... 25