Holiday hope: Resources all across Utah offer aid; donations needed
»29 items «
Jason Olson, Deseret News
With Thanksgiving days away and Christmas right around the corner, food banks and service organizations are looking for help in meeting the needs of thousands of Utahns. From the Bountiful Community Food Pantry, which has breakfast items, Christmas hams and teen gifts on its wish list, to the United Way of Utah County's children's book drive, Sub for Santa and Golden Angels program, organizations have a plethora of needs and offer myriad opportunities for people to serve. Here's a sampling of some of the food and service resources across Utah. For more information on additional organizations, volunteer opportunities and community needs, visit www.uw.org, www.utahfoodbank.org or any of the links included in the list. Every effort has been made to include the most up-to-date information in the list, but please contact the author with any corrections or additional details. Read more: Food pantries and service organizations gear up, seek donations for the holiday season
»29 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Biskupski calls for resignations of nearly...
- LDS First Presidency calls 8 new MTC presidents
- In our opinion: Mounting evidence suggests...
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Tanner Mangum is...
- For now, odds are '50-50' that BYU ends up in...
- Ex-EFY counselor sent to prison for sex with...
- MWC commissioner says it's probable BYU...
- Morning links: Examining Utah's bowl...
- College Football: Utah moves back into... 71
- Biskupski calls for resignations of... 64
- 'No more baby parts': Reclusive... 49
- Jeb Bush used 'shock and awe' campaign... 49
- Obama admin says states lack authority... 40
- Police: 3 killed, 9 wounded in attack... 35
- Men and women: Understanding the wage... 34
- Obama: Climate pact an 'act of... 33