Holiday hope: Resources all across Utah offer aid; donations needed
»29 items «
Jason Olson, Deseret News
With Thanksgiving days away and Christmas right around the corner, food banks and service organizations are looking for help in meeting the needs of thousands of Utahns. From the Bountiful Community Food Pantry, which has breakfast items, Christmas hams and teen gifts on its wish list, to the United Way of Utah County's children's book drive, Sub for Santa and Golden Angels program, organizations have a plethora of needs and offer myriad opportunities for people to serve. Here's a sampling of some of the food and service resources across Utah. For more information on additional organizations, volunteer opportunities and community needs, visit www.uw.org, www.utahfoodbank.org or any of the links included in the list. Every effort has been made to include the most up-to-date information in the list, but please contact the author with any corrections or additional details. Read more: Food pantries and service organizations gear up, seek donations for the holiday season
»29 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down Utah and...
- 'Duck Dynasty' dad approves of daughter's...
- Mom battling cancer determined to live for...
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty overturned,...
- Things that changed my view of marriage forever
- Heisman Trophy tracker: Week 3, injuries...
- 3 South Jordan siblings battling rare disease...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- 'They killed my son because he's... 80
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving... 68
- Was Saratoga Springs man killed while... 52
- Police break silence about... 48
- Friends, family, strangers gather at... 35
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 26
- Utah, Western states say feds are all... 24
- New definition of homeless would give... 20