Holiday hope: Resources all across Utah offer aid; donations needed
»29 items «
Jason Olson, Deseret News
With Thanksgiving days away and Christmas right around the corner, food banks and service organizations are looking for help in meeting the needs of thousands of Utahns. From the Bountiful Community Food Pantry, which has breakfast items, Christmas hams and teen gifts on its wish list, to the United Way of Utah County's children's book drive, Sub for Santa and Golden Angels program, organizations have a plethora of needs and offer myriad opportunities for people to serve. Here's a sampling of some of the food and service resources across Utah. For more information on additional organizations, volunteer opportunities and community needs, visit www.uw.org, www.utahfoodbank.org or any of the links included in the list. Every effort has been made to include the most up-to-date information in the list, but please contact the author with any corrections or additional details. Read more: Food pantries and service organizations gear up, seek donations for the holiday season
»29 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- In our opinion: Confronted by power, Christ...
- 'Because of Him': LDS video on Christ...
- Two bodies discovered near Provo's Squaw Peak
- No stranger to struggle: Cottonwood's Cooper...
- New mission presidents
- Utah Jazz: Plan's playing out, but plenty of...
- Family 'shocked' over Taylorsville woman's death
- Mike Sorensen: To keep or not to keep Utah...
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 91
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 81
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 49
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 31
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care 29
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 25
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed;... 24
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental... 22