Holiday hope: Resources all across Utah offer aid; donations needed
»29 items «
Jason Olson, Deseret News
With Thanksgiving days away and Christmas right around the corner, food banks and service organizations are looking for help in meeting the needs of thousands of Utahns. From the Bountiful Community Food Pantry, which has breakfast items, Christmas hams and teen gifts on its wish list, to the United Way of Utah County's children's book drive, Sub for Santa and Golden Angels program, organizations have a plethora of needs and offer myriad opportunities for people to serve. Here's a sampling of some of the food and service resources across Utah. For more information on additional organizations, volunteer opportunities and community needs, visit www.uw.org, www.utahfoodbank.org or any of the links included in the list. Every effort has been made to include the most up-to-date information in the list, but please contact the author with any corrections or additional details. Read more: Food pantries and service organizations gear up, seek donations for the holiday season
»29 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU past...
- How would LDS be affected by renewed US-Cuba...
- LDS Church to create new missions in Utah and...
- Dispatchers answer man's repeated 911 calls...
- Canada man finds an Elizabeth Gallagher for...
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- Bittersweet Christmas: A woman ponders the...
- Prison relocation sites down to four as... 50
- Majority of Utahns oppose moving state... 50
- Obama: US re-establishing diplomatic... 49
- Obama signature all that's left in... 39
- End gun violence, say faith leaders on... 32
- Vermont governor abandons single-payer... 31
- Popular Utah County water recreation... 21
- Police: 3 dead, including gunman, in... 18