Ranking the MWC arenas
»9 items «
AP Photo/The Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Ron Jenkins
I’m beginning to head down the home stretch of my final swing around the Mountain West Conference with the Runnin’ Utes. Just a couple of regular-season road trips remain for the Utes, before the Mountain West tournament in Las Vegas, then it’s off to the Pac-12 next season. While I have to say I’m really excited about what lies ahead when the University of Utah joins the Pac-12 next season, I will miss many of the stops I’ve been fortunate enough to make in my years covering the Mountain West. Since we are in the midst of hoops season I thought I would rate my favorite arenas in the MWC from a broadcasting and atmosphere angle. The Mountain West has one of the most diverse array of arenas and fieldhouses in the country, so here’s my take on the best and worst the MWC has to offer.
»9 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- Some LDS missionaries coming home from...
- Lehi airman pulls off 'Operation Surprise'...
- How new research on chemicals in household...
- The rough road of single motherhood —...
- Wright Words: Idaho woman learns to...
- Duke's Jabari Parker faces tough stay-or-go...
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical coming to Salt...
- Utah basketball: Utes clip Cal in... 83
- BYU football: Practice fights elicit... 56
- High school boys basketball: 5A/4A/1A... 55
- UteLinks: A look at Utah's RPI breakdown 52
- BYU baseball: BYU beats Utah, 20-3 46
- Doug Robinson: Time to move on for... 42
- CougarLinks: BYU picked to win WCC... 28
- BYU basketball: Bottom seed LMU knocks... 26