The five toughest financial challenges facing Obama's second term
»5 items «
Pablo Martinez Monsivais, Associated Press
President Barack Obama's next term will be full of difficulty and tough choices, according to an article posted on the Tax Policy Center's blog. "His biggest challenge: Find a way to break the logjam between Democrats who are reluctant to slow the growth of programs such as Medicare and Medicaid, and Republicans who insist that all deficit reduction must come from spending cuts and none from new taxes," Howard Gleckman, editor of the TaxVox blog and resident fellow at the Tax Policy Center, said in his post. "Obama will find some moderates of both parties eager to deal, but he will also face hardliners who are not." The following is a list of the biggest challenges facing the president in his upcoming term, according to the Tax Policy Center.
»5 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws ire
- LDS missionaries save apartment complex from...
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'...
- In our opinion: Planned Parenthood should...
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says it...
- Elder Per G. Malm dies at age 67
- New rule sparks debate over teacher...
- Venezuela presents details in weapons case...
- Sarah Silverman: Bernie-or-bust Dems... 49
- Is Bernie Sanders an atheist? 42
- Clinton wins historic nomination,... 36
- After turmoil, Sanders, Michelle Obama,... 31
- Dems' division, emails roil party on... 28
- Trump says Russia should find Clinton's... 27
- Watch live at the Democratic National... 25
- In wake of email hack, Democratic chair... 23