The five toughest financial challenges facing Obama's second term
»5 items «
Pablo Martinez Monsivais, Associated Press
President Barack Obama's next term will be full of difficulty and tough choices, according to an article posted on the Tax Policy Center's blog. "His biggest challenge: Find a way to break the logjam between Democrats who are reluctant to slow the growth of programs such as Medicare and Medicaid, and Republicans who insist that all deficit reduction must come from spending cuts and none from new taxes," Howard Gleckman, editor of the TaxVox blog and resident fellow at the Tax Policy Center, said in his post. "Obama will find some moderates of both parties eager to deal, but he will also face hardliners who are not." The following is a list of the biggest challenges facing the president in his upcoming term, according to the Tax Policy Center.
»5 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coaches will take the win...
- 5 parenting lessons from movies
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- UVU men's soccer makes its program debut with...
- World-renowned rock art in Utah is younger...
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 39
- 10 things to know about corporate... 32
- Obama tamps down prospect of strikes in... 16
- Winning plaintiffs in 3 states want... 14
- 3 ways insurers can still avoid... 13
- Saudi king says terrorists will reach... 13
- It's about time the government... 12
- Freelancers and millennials help usher... 10