The five toughest financial challenges facing Obama's second term
»5 items «
Pablo Martinez Monsivais, Associated Press
President Barack Obama's next term will be full of difficulty and tough choices, according to an article posted on the Tax Policy Center's blog. "His biggest challenge: Find a way to break the logjam between Democrats who are reluctant to slow the growth of programs such as Medicare and Medicaid, and Republicans who insist that all deficit reduction must come from spending cuts and none from new taxes," Howard Gleckman, editor of the TaxVox blog and resident fellow at the Tax Policy Center, said in his post. "Obama will find some moderates of both parties eager to deal, but he will also face hardliners who are not." The following is a list of the biggest challenges facing the president in his upcoming term, according to the Tax Policy Center.
»5 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- The Book of Mormon claims No. 1 spot on list...
- The story behind the missionary reality TV...
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion
- Jeff Benedict: Jabari Parker announces...
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite...
- Graphic video shows 7 shots fired without...
- Elizabeth Smart talks forgiveness and...
- BYU Football: Harvey Jackson bolsters BYU's...
- Obama: Religious intolerance has... 76
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 43
- The dangers of financially illiterate... 30
- Bureau of Land Management to pursue... 22
- Report projects health law's subsidies... 21
- 'Obamacare' under attack as... 14
- Sentenced but never jailed, robber who... 14
- Supreme Court weighs ban on false... 13