The five toughest financial challenges facing Obama's second term
»5 items «
Pablo Martinez Monsivais, Associated Press
President Barack Obama's next term will be full of difficulty and tough choices, according to an article posted on the Tax Policy Center's blog. "His biggest challenge: Find a way to break the logjam between Democrats who are reluctant to slow the growth of programs such as Medicare and Medicaid, and Republicans who insist that all deficit reduction must come from spending cuts and none from new taxes," Howard Gleckman, editor of the TaxVox blog and resident fellow at the Tax Policy Center, said in his post. "Obama will find some moderates of both parties eager to deal, but he will also face hardliners who are not." The following is a list of the biggest challenges facing the president in his upcoming term, according to the Tax Policy Center.
»5 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- The Clean Cut: After dad's death, brother...
- Number of LDS converts, missionaries...
- She paid for a family's groceries and got...
- New mission presidents
- New temple presidents
- Cheerleading coach who worked as youth...
- Utah Jazz: Future of Trevor Booker, Joe...
- Osmond to run 250 miles to help kids get...
- Faith groups urge Supreme Court to... 61
- Number of LDS converts, missionaries... 37
- 5 arguments Republicans are using to... 28
- Hillary Clinton faces promise, risk of... 24
- US senator says it's time to put a... 23
- Hillary Rodham Clinton completes shift... 18
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz: Drug Enforcement... 15
- Climate change plan faces high-profile... 15