The five toughest financial challenges facing Obama's second term
»5 items «
Pablo Martinez Monsivais, Associated Press
President Barack Obama's next term will be full of difficulty and tough choices, according to an article posted on the Tax Policy Center's blog. "His biggest challenge: Find a way to break the logjam between Democrats who are reluctant to slow the growth of programs such as Medicare and Medicaid, and Republicans who insist that all deficit reduction must come from spending cuts and none from new taxes," Howard Gleckman, editor of the TaxVox blog and resident fellow at the Tax Policy Center, said in his post. "Obama will find some moderates of both parties eager to deal, but he will also face hardliners who are not." The following is a list of the biggest challenges facing the president in his upcoming term, according to the Tax Policy Center.
»5 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- LDS Church responds to 'misinformation' about...
- Washington Post writer: Mitt Romney lost...
- Modest swimsuit designer speaks out on bikinis
- High school football: Reigning Mr. Football...
- Amy Adams, Glenn Beck present different takes...
- Quinton Pedroza dismissed from Utah Utes...
- My husband Alex Boye grilled in UK for 'I'm a...
- Bear scare: 'Baden and Logan saved my life.'
- Washington Post writer: Mitt Romney... 77
- Pew study: News media inserted bias... 57
- Miss Utah USA's bungled interview... 38
- BYU poll: Majority favor impeachment,... 30
- Video: Miss Utah USA flubs answer at... 26
- Parents rally after Canadian elementary... 25
- NSA director says surveillance programs... 21
- 2 others back up extortion claims... 21