The five toughest financial challenges facing Obama's second term
»5 items «
Pablo Martinez Monsivais, Associated Press
President Barack Obama's next term will be full of difficulty and tough choices, according to an article posted on the Tax Policy Center's blog. "His biggest challenge: Find a way to break the logjam between Democrats who are reluctant to slow the growth of programs such as Medicare and Medicaid, and Republicans who insist that all deficit reduction must come from spending cuts and none from new taxes," Howard Gleckman, editor of the TaxVox blog and resident fellow at the Tax Policy Center, said in his post. "Obama will find some moderates of both parties eager to deal, but he will also face hardliners who are not." The following is a list of the biggest challenges facing the president in his upcoming term, according to the Tax Policy Center.
»5 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- LDS First Presidency calls 8 new MTC presidents
- In our opinion: Mounting evidence suggests...
- Morning links: Examining Utah's bowl...
- Biskupski calls for resignations of nearly...
- Jeb Bush used 'shock and awe' campaign to...
- Ex-EFY counselor sent to prison for sex with...
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Tanner Mangum is...
- MWC commissioner says it's probable BYU...
- College Football: Utah moves back into... 70
- 'No more baby parts': Reclusive... 49
- Jeb Bush used 'shock and awe' campaign... 44
- Obama admin says states lack authority... 40
- Police: 3 killed, 9 wounded in attack... 35
- Obama: Climate pact an 'act of... 32
- Official says gunman made 'no more baby... 29
- World leaders gather to try to save... 22