The five toughest financial challenges facing Obama's second term
»5 items «
Pablo Martinez Monsivais, Associated Press
President Barack Obama's next term will be full of difficulty and tough choices, according to an article posted on the Tax Policy Center's blog. "His biggest challenge: Find a way to break the logjam between Democrats who are reluctant to slow the growth of programs such as Medicare and Medicaid, and Republicans who insist that all deficit reduction must come from spending cuts and none from new taxes," Howard Gleckman, editor of the TaxVox blog and resident fellow at the Tax Policy Center, said in his post. "Obama will find some moderates of both parties eager to deal, but he will also face hardliners who are not." The following is a list of the biggest challenges facing the president in his upcoming term, according to the Tax Policy Center.
»5 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Newlywed viral Star Wars couple: 'The Force...
- BYU football receives commitment from Lone...
- Utah family changes course because of child's...
- Utah and UVU assigned regionals; BYU left out...
- Dick Harmon: With historic hoops coaching...
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed hotel...
- New temple presidents
- About Utah: Utah teacher taught 15 children...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 110
- Why the University of Miami plans to... 45
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 42
- Delegates in hand, Trump says he's got... 33
- In Hiroshima, Obama honors 'silent cry'... 25
- Donald Trump breaks with nation's only... 17
- Trump tells California 'there is no... 17
- Trump: Those in US illegally treated... 15