10 of the closest presidential elections in United States history
»10 items «
The latest CNN/ORC International survey released Sunday shows President Barack Obama and Republican challenger Mitt Romney tied in the race for the White House, 49 percent to 49 percent. During Tuesday's election, both candidates will be aiming to reach the required 270 electoral college votes. Although expectations suggest the race between Romney and Obama will be close, the United States has faced tight elections before. Here's a look at 10 of the closest presidential elections in American history.
»10 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Hundreds of Mormons sing Christmas carols in...
- The Clean Cut: How does a homeless man spend...
- Pranks spark collection of toilet paper by...
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an...
- Police boss: NYC cops 'quite simply,... 17
- NYPD: Cop ambush killer told passers-by... 15
- Going it alone, Obama rocked the boat... 13
- Pope in blistering critique of Vatican... 9
- Key developments in the case of slain... 9
- Officer kills armed 18-year-old near... 9
- Killings of 2 New York officers trigger... 6
- Senate, CIA agree torture program was... 6