How BYU's 2012 football opponents fared: Week 9
Record:2-6, 0-5 PAC-12
Last week: Lost on the Road to Stanford, 24-17
The only winless team in PAC-12 play did quite well on the road against No. 17 Stanford, and had it not been for a 3rd-quarter pick-6, the Cougars could have upset the Cardinal. They also vastly outperformed Stanford in terms of first downs, 25-13, and total offensive yardage, 385-256, gaining 401 yards through the air.
Yes, you read that right. Washington State got 401 passing yards and 385 offensive yards. They lost 16 yards on the ground in this game, mostly due to 10 sacks allowed by the Cougar offensive line. It was only fitting that Stanford snuffed out WSU's last chance ditch effort by sacking Washington State QB Jeff Tuel.
Next up: Saturday, Nov. 3, at Utah
- Lehi toddler killed in accident remembered as...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- New mission presidents
- Cyclist killed on training run after...
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 39
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 35
- Morning links: Utah running back's goal... 30
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Badger looking to become part of BYU's... 22
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 20