President Thomas S. Monson: 49 quotes over 49 years
President Thomas S. Monson, president of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, was nostalgic at the beginning of his address Sunday morning at LDS general conference.
My beloved brothers and sisters, this conference marks 49 years since I was sustained on Oct. 4, 1963, as a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. Forty-nine years is a long time," he said, prompting some laughter. "In many ways, however, the time seems very short since I stood at the pulpit in the Tabernacle and gave my very first general conference address."
This is a list of 49 memorable quotes from President Monson's 49 years of service in the Quorum of the Twelve.
Note: The accompanying photos from the Deseret News archive are circa the year of the quote.
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to...
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's volleyball...
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- Morning links: NBA post-up is not dead;...
- Parents of teen who died in overdose hope...
- Temple Square opens 3 new exhibits
- Motherhood Matters: 6 ways to help your shy...
- Defending the Faith: Did Book of Mormon... 135
- Arianna Rees: Why Lindsey Stirling's... 80
- Mitt Romney Sundance film gives... 66
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 63
- Utah Utes coaches tailor weekly... 55
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 47
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 45
- Letter: Marijuana, an evil plant 42