President Thomas S. Monson: 49 quotes over 49 years
President Thomas S. Monson, president of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, was nostalgic at the beginning of his address Sunday morning at LDS general conference.
My beloved brothers and sisters, this conference marks 49 years since I was sustained on Oct. 4, 1963, as a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. Forty-nine years is a long time," he said, prompting some laughter. "In many ways, however, the time seems very short since I stood at the pulpit in the Tabernacle and gave my very first general conference address."
This is a list of 49 memorable quotes from President Monson's 49 years of service in the Quorum of the Twelve.
Note: The accompanying photos from the Deseret News archive are circa the year of the quote.
- 'Duck Dynasty' daughter sticks to Christian...
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks apart
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Researchers: Patients have only themselves to...
- LDS Church releases video, topic page...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 148
- Hawaii AD: 'There is a very real... 108
- Greg Bell: Lessons learned form the... 87
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 79
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Mitt Romney Sundance film gives... 66
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 58
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 53