President Thomas S. Monson: 49 quotes over 49 years
President Thomas S. Monson, president of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, was nostalgic at the beginning of his address Sunday morning at LDS general conference.
My beloved brothers and sisters, this conference marks 49 years since I was sustained on Oct. 4, 1963, as a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. Forty-nine years is a long time," he said, prompting some laughter. "In many ways, however, the time seems very short since I stood at the pulpit in the Tabernacle and gave my very first general conference address."
This is a list of 49 memorable quotes from President Monson's 49 years of service in the Quorum of the Twelve.
Note: The accompanying photos from the Deseret News archive are circa the year of the quote.
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The Book...
- Modest swimwear makes a splash in women's retail
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical is an...
- 13 baby names that are making a comeback
- Teens arrested, rancher cleared after...
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay...
- Payson woman found dead in duffel bag near...
- Morning links: BYU letting fans tailgate;...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 300
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 143
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting... 109
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical is an... 103
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 101
- Religious groups react to Boy... 79
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of... 77
- Morning links: Utah is on the rise in... 76