LDS general conference trivia: Origins, influenza and social chatter
Next weekend marks The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints' 183rd Semiannual General Conference.
What began as a small gathering of Saints in the 1800s has grown to a worldwide event, broadcast to the church's 14 million members.
This conference season, the LDS Church has announced that the priesthood session will be available over live broadcast television and in real time online for the first time.
Here's a list of trivia about the origins and growth of the semiannual event.
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Ralph Hancock: Religious freedom and... 75
- Defending the Faith: The mystery of the... 75
- Mitt Romney Sundance film gives... 66
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 63
- Faith groups urge Supreme Court to... 61
- Are church youth dances outdated? 60
- Utah football: Dres Anderson shines in... 58