LDS general conference trivia: Origins, influenza and social chatter
Next weekend marks The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints' 183rd Semiannual General Conference.
What began as a small gathering of Saints in the 1800s has grown to a worldwide event, broadcast to the church's 14 million members.
This conference season, the LDS Church has announced that the priesthood session will be available over live broadcast television and in real time online for the first time.
Here's a list of trivia about the origins and growth of the semiannual event.
- Body cam video helps D.A. clear officer in...
- Elizabeth Smart on 'Today': 'Life couldn't be...
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Relatives of Springville family 'shocked and...
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote 'Meet...
- Carrie Underwood shares her Christian faith...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 291
- Hawaii AD: 'There is a very real... 108
- My view: Don't make women optional in... 104
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage... 100
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 85
- Things won't get any easier for... 81
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run... 66