LDS general conference trivia: Origins, influenza and social chatter
Next weekend marks The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints' 183rd Semiannual General Conference.
What began as a small gathering of Saints in the 1800s has grown to a worldwide event, broadcast to the church's 14 million members.
This conference season, the LDS Church has announced that the priesthood session will be available over live broadcast television and in real time online for the first time.
Here's a list of trivia about the origins and growth of the semiannual event.
- Are church youth dances outdated?
- Seeking and sorrowing: Sisters of the Prophet...
- Returned Mormon missionary wins Ms. Virginia...
- The Clean Cut: After dad's death, brother...
- There is no such thing as a bulletproof marriage
- Mystery man who rescued driver from cliff in...
- No playoffs again, but rebuilding Utah Jazz...
- 3 Utes, 1 Aggie and 1 Cougar selected in CBS...
- LDS Church, other religions urge... 102
- Ralph Hancock: Religious freedom and... 75
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 73
- Mitt Romney Sundance film gives... 66
- Married lesbian couple sues Utah to be... 65
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 63
- Defending the Faith: The mystery of the... 62
- Faith groups urge Supreme Court to... 61