LDS general conference trivia: Origins, influenza and social chatter
Next weekend marks The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints' 183rd Semiannual General Conference.
What began as a small gathering of Saints in the 1800s has grown to a worldwide event, broadcast to the church's 14 million members.
This conference season, the LDS Church has announced that the priesthood session will be available over live broadcast television and in real time online for the first time.
Here's a list of trivia about the origins and growth of the semiannual event.
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Employee error ruins 41 acres of Salt Lake...
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- A river runs dry: Water and the future of...
- 5 underrated Disney movies
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone... 165
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 107
- Why I don’t call myself a... 92
- Democrats blast Rudy Giuliani for... 68
- Mitt Romney Sundance film gives... 66
- 'A marvellous work and a wonder': A... 63
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 63
- Letter: America needs change 61