LDS general conference trivia: Origins, influenza and social chatter
Next weekend marks The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints' 183rd Semiannual General Conference.
What began as a small gathering of Saints in the 1800s has grown to a worldwide event, broadcast to the church's 14 million members.
This conference season, the LDS Church has announced that the priesthood session will be available over live broadcast television and in real time online for the first time.
Here's a list of trivia about the origins and growth of the semiannual event.
- James Dobson joins evangelicals for Trump
- Utah man credits God for survival of 4...
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts addiction by...
- Everything we think we know about sex...
- 13,740 acres burned in Antelope Island fire
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- In our opinion: The GOP convention — a...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: I know what it's...
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down... 105
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Morning links: National college... 79
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 65
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 53
- Obama rejects Trump depiction of US in... 40