LDS general conference trivia: Origins, influenza and social chatter
Next weekend marks The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints' 183rd Semiannual General Conference.
What began as a small gathering of Saints in the 1800s has grown to a worldwide event, broadcast to the church's 14 million members.
This conference season, the LDS Church has announced that the priesthood session will be available over live broadcast television and in real time online for the first time.
Here's a list of trivia about the origins and growth of the semiannual event.
- Jewish woman launches modest online...
- 17 years later, parents find kidnapped...
- Why I make my kids go to church
- LDS Church dedicates Deseret Mill and Pasta...
- New mission presidents
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- LDS girl's imagination takes viewers of a new...
- Elder Holland calls on Christians to unite to...
- Officer in parade controversy speaks... 263
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 92
- Elder Holland calls on Christians to... 84
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 83
- Gov. Herbert: 'Let chips go where they... 71
- Democrats blast Rudy Giuliani for... 68
- Mitt Romney Sundance film gives... 66
- Defending the Faith: Even in science,... 65