LDS general conference trivia: Origins, influenza and social chatter
Next weekend marks The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints' 183rd Semiannual General Conference.
What began as a small gathering of Saints in the 1800s has grown to a worldwide event, broadcast to the church's 14 million members.
This conference season, the LDS Church has announced that the priesthood session will be available over live broadcast television and in real time online for the first time.
Here's a list of trivia about the origins and growth of the semiannual event.
- Elders Rasband, Stevenson, Renlund sustained...
- Unique LDS temple, high-rise apartment...
- Elder Jeffrey R. Holland: 'Behold Thy Mother'
- Saturday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- President Dieter F. Uchtdorf: 'It works!'
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Reasons for Travis Wilson's confidence:...
- Morning links: Phil Steele discusses... 72
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Mitt Romney Sundance film gives... 66
- Mike Sorensen: Pac-12 lays an egg in... 63
- Gunman opens fire at Oregon college; at... 62
- 'A terrible day' - 9 killed by gunman... 61
- With difficult September schedule over,... 55
- Investigation: Secret Service tried to... 52