LDS general conference trivia: Origins, influenza and social chatter
Next weekend marks The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints' 183rd Semiannual General Conference.
What began as a small gathering of Saints in the 1800s has grown to a worldwide event, broadcast to the church's 14 million members.
This conference season, the LDS Church has announced that the priesthood session will be available over live broadcast television and in real time online for the first time.
Here's a list of trivia about the origins and growth of the semiannual event.
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and often...
- Former top deputy in Utah attorney general...
- LDS Church to create new missions in Utah and...
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- In our opinion: The 3 levels of Christmas
- What does a letter grade mean for my child's...
- A year later, a look at the Utah... 87
- Mitt Romney Sundance film gives... 66
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 62
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 62
- Majority of Utahns oppose moving state... 53
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 50
- Obama: US re-establishing diplomatic... 49