Now that courts have spoken on same-sex marriage in Utah, lawmakers are poised to tackle controversial proposals on religious freedom, nondiscrimination.
Lawmakers are considering a bill that would increase the incentives and resources for students to graduate early from high school through Utah's Centennial Scholarship program. Read more »
A House committee voted Tuesday to hold a bill that would place limits on how much could be contributed to political candidates. Read more »
In this week's edition, DeseretNews.com writer Brandon Judd joins the crew from Super Bowl media day in Phoenix to talk about how the five players with Utah ties are handling the week leading up to... Read more »
The Mormon Channel recently announced a new series of videos and blog posts that will focus on the 'daily lives of families doing the best they can to learn, love, and grow,' according to the... Read more »
If you've been following politics lately, you may notice the two political parties seem to have found some common ground. Almost everyone in Washington today is talking about the same thing:... Read more »
Accused BYU groper Nathan Eric Fletcher, 23, accepted a diversion agreement Tuesday that will lead to the dismissal of two counts of sexual battery, a class A misdemeanor, as long as Fletcher... Read more »
Britain Covey, the 2014 Deseret News Mr. Football winner, announced through Twitter on Tuesday that he will head to the University of Utah. Read more »
The White House said Tuesday it is dropping a proposal to scale back the tax benefits of college savings plans amid a backlash from both Republicans and Democrats. Read more »
As an established proponent of flexible work options, I hope more businesses are getting on board with the need to help people build better work-life balance. But the progress is often slower than... Read more »
Rose is once again part of the Infiniti Coaches' Charity Challenge, this time competing for the American Cancer Society Hope Lodge. Read more »
The Zions Bank Utah Consumer Attitude Index increased 4.1 points to 113.4 in January, rising above 110 for the second time in three months and signifying that Utah's economy is thriving. The... Read more »
Jazz forward Gordon Hayward got an interesting request from old college roommate Ronald Nored on Monday morning. Read more »
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of...
- Utah's first family of boxing loses one of...
- Clark Gilbert named new president of BYU-Idaho
- BYU basketball guard Anson Winder and...
- Attorneys want BYU track team testimony...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make...
- Morning links: Utes land a local commitment...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of... 107
- California bars judges from Boy Scouts... 91
- Peavler: Can BYU football rise up to... 66
- Mitt Romney Sundance film gives... 66
- Lawmakers looking to pump up gas tax... 60
- Hamblin & Peterson: Bible wars among... 42
- See why this woman's decision not to... 41
- BYU football: Mendenhall calls 2012... 39