Two bills would remove student performance on SAGE as an indicator in teacher evaluations and give schools the option of not administering the year-end exam to high school juniors.
The sponsor of a bill to legalize the medical use of marijuana says The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints' opposition to the legislation does not necessarily doom its passage. Read more »
Exposure to the cold caused the death of Michael Cavallari, the Grand County Sheriff's Office reported Tuesday. Read more »
Salt Lake City Mayor Jackie Biskupski announced Tuesday that a fourth city department director will be keeping her job: Maureen Riley, executive director of the Department of Airports. Read more »
Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders hope to emerge from New Hampshire's primary Tuesday with their first wins of the 2016 presidential election, victories that would boost credibility for both of these... Read more »
A specially-recruited group of priests received last-minute instructions from Pope Francis Tuesday before fanning out through the world to show a more merciful face of the Catholic Church to sinners. Read more »
Leaders of the Islamic State are determined to strike targets in the United States this year, senior U.S. intelligence officials said Tuesday, telling lawmakers that a small group of violent... Read more »
When others are trying to divide us along religious lines, we have to reaffirm that most fundamental truth — that we are all God’s children, all born equal with inherent dignity. Read more »
Alligators have been used as shoes, briefcases, university mascots, lunch and now, authorities say, a deadly weapon. Read more »
Lawmakers heard a funding request for $4 million to help mitigate flood damage from 2011 in western Weber County and prevent a similar scenario in which farms and businesses were awash in water... Read more »
President Barack Obama sent Congress his final budget on Tuesday, proposing to spend a record $4.1 trillion on a number of initiatives, from a new war on cancer to combating global warming to... Read more »
Kelly Clarkson, a musical artist whose fame began after winning the first season of "American Idol," announced her newest project today, a children's book featuring her daughter, River Rose. Read more »
Over the past few weeks, thousands of clipboard-toting volunteers have fanned out across some of the nation's largest cities, tasked with a deceptively complex job: counting the number of homeless... Read more »
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Women hired by LDS Church History Department...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Larry King interviews Lindsey Stirling about...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 103
- LDS Church opposed to state senator's... 91
- Morning links: BYU-Utah bowl matchup... 85
- Doug Robinson: Think Utah is BYU's 'big... 82
- Wright Words: Why I'm not forcing my... 79
- Morning links: Phil Steele discusses... 72
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Mitt Romney Sundance film gives... 66