High School Sports
Statewide Rankings – Feb. 17, 2014
|1||Riverton||22-1||In a league of their own all season, but won the last two games by just three points.|
|2||Timpview||18-4||On an eight-game win streak since losing to top-ranked Riverton.|
|3||Layton||19-3||Rallied to defeat Fremont — a team it previously lost to — in competitive Region 1 play.|
|4||Fremont||24-3||Had the lead and the ball, but let a crucial game get away against talented Layton.|
|5||Desert Hills||25-1||Only loss is a 10-point decision against Timpview, the top team in 4A.|
|6||Bonneville||19-4||Two games — including one against No. 9 Sky View — stand in the way of an undefeated region title.|
|7||Brighton||16-8||The Bengals have held their own against talented teams across 5A and 4A.|
|8||Morgan||23-2||Averaged more than 77 points per game in undefeated run through Region 10.|
|9||Sky View||17-5||The Bobcats have a chance to avenge their only region loss with a visit from No. 6 Bonneville Tuesday.|
|10||Timpanogos||17-6||Sitting tied atop the Region 7 standings after a roller-coaster ride through league play.|
|11||Skyline||21-7||Three late-season losses have pushed the Eagles into third place after playing so well through January.|
|12||Mountain View||18-4||The Bruins look to secure at least a piece of the Region 7 title Tuesday at Olympus.|
|13||Judge Memorial||19-3||Kailie Quinn continues to lead the state in scoring, 3-pointers, and rebounds as the Bulldogs sit at the top of Region 6.|
|14||Juan Diego||17-5||Dominique Mills, Monique Mills, and the Soaring Eagle are winning easily, unless they play Morgan.|
|15||Copper Hills||15-8||Scoring contributions from 16 different players have propelled the Grizzlies to a successful season.|
|16||Viewmont||12-11||Battling and struggling, sitting right in the middle of a strong Region 1 competition.|
|17||Granger||16-6||The Lancers, who have won 15 games for the first time in school history, sit in a three-way tie at the top of Region 2 with a big game against Taylorsville Tuesday. Winning a region title would be a first as well.|
|18||Bountiful||15-8||After a 2-5 start, the Braves have won 12 of their last 13 behind Kennedy Redding and Tiana Dougher.|
|19||Highland||14-7||The Rams can disrupt the Region 6 standings with a win over Bountiful Tuesday.|
|20||Mountain Crest||12-8||McCayla Hanks' 13.41 points per game have been crucial to the Mustangs' success in Region 5 play.|
5A Rankings – Feb. 23, 2014
4A Rankings – Feb. 23, 2014
3A Rankings – Feb. 17, 2014
2A Rankings – Feb. 17, 2014
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- BYU supports Virginia kicker whose dad...
- Red and Blue Recruits: Branden Bowen commits...
- Leo Tolstoy's view of Mormons as teaching...
- BYU football: No rest for BYU defense during...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- 'The Locator' Troy Dunn keeps working to...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- High school football: Herriman gashes... 18
- High school football: Corner Canyon's... 9
- Red and Blue Recruits: Branden Bowen... 8
- High school football: Skyline's big... 4
- Parry's Power Guide for week 5 2
- American Fork rolls past Westlake in... 2
- High school football: Riverton rolls... 1
- High school football: Rich Rebels... 1